The FA Youth Cup 2008/09 - Knocked out, 4-2 to Manchester City (a)

Greg

Digestion of that match report:

- Second came from a Nile Ranger flick-on.

- First goal was a 30-yarder.

- Donaldson injured AGAIN!

- Spear unused sub.

- Ranger missed a header from 6 yards, unmarked.

- Max Johnson was good in goal.

...Ranger flashing wide from the penalty spot on six minutes after Shane Ferguson had served up an inviting centre...Sammy Ameobi then turned provider for Ranger but the United hitman couldn't find the finish to match the exquisite throughball as he sliced wide from eight yards out...Ranger should've doubled the advantage two minutes before the break but he headed straight at the feet of Ollernshaw when unmarked six yards from goal...Ranger, again unmarked, should've restored the advantage on 65 minutes but glanced a close-ranger header inches wide from Michael McCrudden's in-swinging corner...

:lol:

i got told today that Kazenga was meant to be on the bench last week against Stoke but when Xisco passed a fitness test on Saturday morning JFK  put him on instead of Lua Lua. 

Took his goals brilliantly today, cut in from the left and smashed a 25 yarder into the bottom corner then raced onto Ranger flick on, good control, held off the defender, rounded the keeper and slotted into the empty net.

NUFC played some good stuff in the first half, Ranger had a bit of a mare in front of goal, should've had a hat trick inside the first 8 mins!!  Had a header disallowed for offside, don't think he was tho, in the 2nd half just before we scored the winner.

Guest Heneage

Easy job for Greg to put in his strenghts for the next FM patch then :lol:

Strengths: Desire to win

1 on 1

Handling

Key Moment Saves

I'm suprised "Being fucking mint" wasn't one. :lol:

Sounds good but like someone said would like a few kids to come in like last January, compared to other teams we are very thin in terms of youngsters at academy and reserve/first team level, be nice to see Baheng get a chance in first team when he comes back.

Are Donaldson and Godsmark any good? Bar the latter having pace, they seem on the short time I had watched them very average.

Godsmark isn't good enough, too small and lightweight, think he'll be shipped out at the end of the season,  not sure about Donaldson, he needs to find a settled position!!  He was a striker, even playing centre forward for england, moved into midfield in the reserves mid way thru last season and looked quite good, he started at centre half on Saturday and was back in midfield tonight where he was steady without doing anything that stood out!!

I was impressed again tonight with Inman in midfield, Tavernier at centre half and Ferguson done well at left back.

Sounds good but like someone said would like a few kids to come in like last January, compared to other teams we are very thin in terms of youngsters at academy and reserve/first team level, be nice to see Baheng get a chance in first team when he comes back.

Are Donaldson and Godsmark any good? Bar the latter having pace, they seem on the short time I had watched them very average.

I dont think we are short at academy level, we lack players in there 20's like Edgar & Carrroll though.

Baheng will have to play well to get a game in the PL as its not a very forgiving place due to the opposition & the club needs to remember the £££'s involved. Also like most people I go to see Newcastle United win & not some kids who get pissed in Tup Tup  Palace midweek off a few vodka redbulls run round out there depth at SJP.

It is a strange thing with Donaldson, as he gets the call ups to the England youth teams that that Nile never gets & has never had iirc. Is it down to the England youth coaches picking Donaldson because technically he is better than Nile? I would pick Nile for his age group football every time over Ryan because he can bash the fuck out of any centre back his age. Ryan did score for the reserves when he just 15 so he has talent.

As for Godsmark like Marwood I have never seem him play well.

Also beating a Oldham youth team managed by mackem Tony Philliskirk makes it sweeter. The cunt was talking about wearing a scum top under his Oldham clobber & I remember once reading he made his boy (Danny Philliskirk, Chelsea ) a Sunderland fan.

If Lua Lua is going to be any good, he absolutely has to start featuring at first team level soon before he gets bypassed and inevitably fizzles out by 21. Disgrace that he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. :hmm:

Guest Heneage

If Lua Lua is going to be any good, he absolutely has to start featuring at first team level soon before he gets bypassed and inevitably fizzles out by 21. Disgrace that he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. :hmm:

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's shit already haven't scared him off.

Put him on the bench for the weekend in place of Carroll as Viduka and Carroll are way to similar.

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's s*** already haven't scared him off.

Put him on the bench for the weekend in place of Carroll as Viduka and Carroll are way to similar.

How is it common sense to have 3 strikers and no midfielders on the bench?

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's shit already haven't scared him off.

No midfielders on a 7 man bench? What the fuck's Xisco got to do with anything?

The idea that Carroll and Viduka are similar is hilarious btw.

Guest Heneage

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's s*** already haven't scared him off.

Its the terms of Established first team players. Xisco is Kazenga isn't. Simple as that, he's coming off the back of an injury picking him and then playing him against a team that are as physical as Stoke would only have given more way to a potential injury.

And as for Viduka Carrolll, glad I made you laugh Wullie. But please tell me the differences they offer?

Both are "Big striker" Viduka has far more control and a better shooting and is a far superior player to Carroll, but in terms of what they offer, they aren't different. If you play Viduka and Martins you have plenty of options, Viduka Carroll you have very little.

Its the terms of Established first team players. Xisco is Kazenga isn't. Simple as that, he's coming off the back of an injury picking him and then playing him against a team that are as physical as Stoke would only have given more way to a potential injury.

He was on the bench against Chelsea so he was deemed fit a fortnight ago. Xisco is also on his way back from an injury. And once more... why are you bringing Xisco into it anyway? With him and Viduka, Taylor and Cacapa, there was no way either Carroll or Edgar were going to get pitch time in a month of Sundays.

And as for Viduka Carrolll, glad I made you laugh Wullie. But please tell me the differences they offer?

Both are "Big striker" Viduka has far more control and a better shooting and is a far superior player to Carroll, but in terms of what they offer, they aren't different. If you play Viduka and Martins you have plenty of options, Viduka Carroll you have very little.

Both are "big striker" - that's the only similarity, and Viduka's not big in the sense you're on about anyway as in someone for a centre half to ping the ball at. He's a player who wants the ball at his feet to make things happen in tight areas and nowt special in the air.

Guest optimistic nit

viduka and carroll are completely different :lol: