Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Pre-match thread

Dave

Just remembered that I'm working on Sunday, was really looking forward to watching the game. And if that's not bad enough, I'm working with a cockney Spurs fair-weather supporter, who won't give a toss if we beat them, but will be ripping me apart if they beat us.

In a lot of ways i'm not too disappointed about missing it. I'll be absolutely seething if we lose, and to actually watch it happen would be unbareable. Obviously, we might win, but to be disappointed beforehand is win-win.

Guest Heneage

3pm is a pain in the rectum. By time I get back and changed for party be pushing 9pm when I arrive.

Sounds like a nightmare.

It's more frustrating as I live far out so instantly I'm taxing it home, which will set me back good 15 quid which detracts from beer money.

I wish this game was being played tomorrow.   :snod:

Aye hate Sunday games and the robbing railways put the prices up for trains on a Sunday n all.

Considering we're playing 43hours later after we finish against Wigan don't see why teams playing at home in the Waffa need to move their games to Sunday. IIRC I'm sure one team refused to move on of our games or Sky made it be played on a Sat eve.

Aye hate Sunday games and the robbing railways put the prices up for trains on a Sunday n all.

Considering we're playing 43hours later after we finish against Wigan don't see why teams playing at home in the Waffa need to move their games to Sunday. IIRC I'm sure one team refused to move on of our games or Sky made it be played on a Sat eve.

Are you not getting confused with the time we played Wolves so that we could get the Sky cash and both Bobby and Shearer went off it?

Are you not getting confused with the time we played Wolves so that we could get the cash Sky and both Bobby and Shearer went off it?

Sheff Utd under Roeder wasn't it?

Sheff Utd under Roeder wasn't it?

The one I was thinking about was http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4159/is_/ai_n12747713

"My players were very weary towards the end," the Newcastle manager said. "Not many managers would have taken this game, but we did it for the club and the Sky money."

I'm thinking about when we played Palermo away on the Thursday and then Sheff Utd on the Saturday on Sky.

I'm thinking about when we played Palermo away on the Thursday and then Sheff Utd on the Saturday on Sky.

I remember it, we were shocking and I spent most of the game watching fireworks over the top of the East Stand.

I remember it, we were shocking and I spent most of the game watching fireworks over the top of the East Stand.

Rossi and Duff up front. :lol:

Rossi and Duff up front. :lol:

i'm guessing we just hoofed it forward n all. Pitiful.