Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Guest firetotheworks

Really hard to give a man of the match which is always a good thing. Could be any one of

Bassong, Enrique and Butt. All of them were very very good. With Oba playing today I think it would have been a lot easier. Owen and Viduka didn't see a lot of the ball. But that back heel was textbook Viduka, beautiful.

Any player ratings didnt see all the game?

I'll give it a shot.

Given - 7

Beye - 7

Colo -7

Bass - 8

Enrique - 8

Zog - 7-7.5

Butt - 6.5 - 7.0 Solid match.

Gutrie 6.0-6.5

Jonas 7.5

Owen 7

Duke 7.5

Duff -7

Shola - 5.

5 for Shola? That's way too generous IMO! Otherwise I'd agree but maybe Owen with a 6 as he didn't impress that much

Choice nonsense from GG.

I cant believe we lost it. They are shit. I may well be bitter but we have played so many sides better than the shit they served up today, barely ever threatened our goal and I cannot believe we conceded such soft goals.

Blind.

bassong best signing since shearer. atm top 3 defenders in premier league for me

oh christ.

With atm being the operative word in that statement, is it really that unrealistic a statement?

Yes.

Guest LucaAltieri

Given - 7 - Comfortable when called upon. Kicking was a bit better today. Did well to spot N'Zogbia's run for the opener.

Beye - 7 - Some great tackles. Kept a good grip on Bentley (even if it wasn't necessary).

Bassong - 10 - Couldn't have asked for any more. 100% effort. Important tackles. Comfortable on the ball and refused to be bullied by anyone. MOTM easily.

Coloccini - 7 - Quiet game.

Jose Enrique - 8 - His best game in black and white. Easily won the battle against Lennon and contributed some great runs in the first half. Needs to work on his passing.

Gutierrez - 7 - Ran himself into the ground. Chased everything down. Got back to defend when necessary and provided an outlet when breaking.

Guthrie - 7 - Quiet game. Didn't put a foot wrong. Looked classy on the rare occasions he had the ball. Got into the channel and linked up with with Jonas.

Butt - 8 - His performances are getting better. No doubt Spurs' lack of talent in the centre helped him today but going forward he was one of our most important players.

N'Zogbia - 9 - Was really up for it today. Caused Spurs problems when running at them. Good strength to shrug off the foul and good composure to beat Gomes at the near post for the opener.

Ameobi - 6 - Didn't do much in the half hour he played.

Owen - 7 - Quiet game. Didn't do much wrong but was rarely involved. Should have buried the cross from Zog.

Duff - 7 - Came on and did what he had to.

Viduka - 7 - As above. Great play for the goal but did little else if we're brutally honest.

4:48jaalmo2000:we beat you in league cup, so who is really laughing,. ha ha

4:49yidonick51:northern c***s

4:49jaalmo2000:spurs are the much better team

4:51yidonick51:total wankers northern job seeking granny fuckers

4:52irelandspurs:suppose your going to win the league now

4:52tottenham14:u got the points today but u don't have the quality to keep u in the top half

Yes, to all of you Spurs fans, whether you be decent people or not....

f*** YOU!

Indeed.

But I question your wondering if they're decent people or no.

They're inbred Cockney makems, man.

Delighted to have Redknapps nose rubbed in the brown smelly stuff though !

bassong best signing since shearer. atm top 3 defenders in premier league for me

oh christ.

With atm being the operative word in that statement, is it really that unrealistic a statement?

Yes.

I don't think it is.

I'm not saying that he is a better player that some of the top defenders in the league, but he is playing bloody well at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

oh christ.

Yes.

It is unrealistic, but he's definitely one of the in-form defenders at the moment.

Any player ratings didnt see all the game?

I'll give it a shot.

Given - 7

Beye - 7

Colo -7

Bass - 8

Enrique - 8

Zog - 7-7.5

Butt - 6.5 - 7.0 Solid match.

Gutrie 6.0-6.5

Jonas 7.5

Owen 7

Duke 7.5

Duff -7

Shola - 5.

5 for Shola? That's way too generous IMO! Otherwise I'd agree but maybe Owen with a 6 as he didn't impress that much

Didn't want to be too hard on Shola, since he may have been injured the entire time. Owen wasn't that great, but he was at least trying to be a part of the side. Still, the seven might be too high.

Bassong easy motm for me.

oh christ.

Yes.

I don't think it is.

I'm not saying that he is a better player that some of the top defenders in the league, but he is playing bloody well at the moment.

If we're going to say who's in the best form relative to how well they can potentially play, then imo I guess he's somewhere up there. Unfortunately that's unquantifiable.

This doesn't however mean he's in the top X defenders. He's a solid tidy defender who's playing well, when the team plays well.