Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Watched Sky Sports 30minute highlights and they covered this with so much less bias than the BBC.

Its just crazy when you watch this sort of thing where they manage to 'cut' alot of the attacking play that we actually managed to do today and just show the spurs stuff.

I'm in no way saying we played amazing, but we certinally didnt play as was shown on MOTD.  It was a 50/50 game that couldve went either way.

Guest firetotheworks

Watched Sky Sports 30minute highlights and they covered this with so much less bias than the BBC.

Its just crazy when you watch this sort of thing where they manage to 'cut' alot of the attacking play that we actually managed to do today and just show the spurs stuff.

I'm in no way saying we played amazing, but we certinally didnt play as was shown on MOTD.  It was a 50/50 game that couldve went either way.

Agreed. The editor being a Boro fan might have something to do with it.

had our first goal been the other way round....i wonder how many would have been claiming a foul ?

N'zogbia  had a very good game on the ball today,could've supported enrique a bit more. still head downish a bit but in the last third was very dangerous.

On who? Ekotto?

thought it was dawson

Start again, you're losing me here.

If N'Zogbias goal had been the other way would it have been a foul on who? Him or Ekotto?

n'zogbia went over,taking the player with him....if n;zogbia had been playing for the oppo many wou;d have claimed it as a foul.

had our first goal been the other way round....i wonder how many would have been claiming a foul ?

N'zogbia  had a very good game on the ball today,could've supported enrique a bit more. still head downish a bit but in the last third was very dangerous.

On who? Ekotto?

thought it was dawson

If N'Zogbias goal had been the other way would it have been a foul on who? Him or Ekotto?

n'zogbia went over,taking the player with him....if n;zogbia had been playing for the oppo many wou;d have claimed it as a foul.

Looks like Ekotto has his arm when they go down tbh.

On who? Ekotto?

thought it was dawson

thats not what i'm saying

On who? Ekotto?

thought it was dawson

You're saying would we be moaning about a foul, some would because they like to have an excuse.

It wasn't a foul though.

On who? Ekotto?

thought it was dawson

You're saying would we be moaning about a foul, some would because they like to have an excuse.

It wasn't a foul though.

thats my point. it wasnt a foul yet if it had of been a newcastle defender and a spurs forward many would have been adamant it was foul

i missed the bet bit

I'm fighting the urge not to use any kind of footballer-esque cliche but sometimes these decisions go for you, sometimes they dont.

Beye's challenge against Man City ludicrously went against us - it was nice to see the correct decision (in my opinion) go our way today. I dare say we wouldnt have got it at the Kop.

Nah Redknapp's right, it was an utter siege from Spurs. Save after save from Given, Redknapp was correct in what he was saying, it was a matter of time before Spurs scored.

I also heard Mark Hughes saying it was his own tactics that are to blame, and Benitez admitted Liverpool are jammy f***ers.

Nah Redknapp's right, it was an utter siege from Spurs. Save after save from Given, Redknapp was correct in what he was saying, it was a matter of time before Spurs scored.

I also heard Mark Hughes saying it was his own tactics that are to blame, and Benitez admitted Liverpool are jammy f***ers.

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm here? :)  :colo:

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm here? :)  :colo:

:pow:

I've defended Ameobi many a time in the past but that performance today was an abomination.

A disgrace to the black and white, bet he wasn't even injured, bottled it.

Was quite clearly injured.

I've defended Ameobi many a time in the past but that performance today was an abomination.

A disgrace to the black and white, bet he wasn't even injured, bottled it.

Was quite clearly injured.

If thats the case then fair enough I'll take that abuse back but I was pissed before the game and right now I'm off my fucking box so will need to see a replay tomorrow.