Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Guest firetotheworks

Imo a draw wouldn't have been unfair. Not sure where this whole "we dominated" malarky is coming from. Overall, an even game, and in the end it was a bit of magic from Viduka that won it.

I reckon we deserved the win in a fairly even game. Home advantage to us meant we won probably. In a Neutral location I reckon it would have been a draw and at WHL they would have maybe nicked it in that game.

Imo a draw wouldn't have been unfair. Not sure where this whole "we dominated" malarky is coming from. Overall, an even game, and in the end it was a bit of magic from Viduka that won it.

I reckon we deserved the win in a fairly even game. Home advantage to us meant we won probably. In a Neutral location I reckon it would have been a draw and at WHL they would have maybe nicked it in that game.

Aye, a one-goal win was fairly in-keeping with the balance of the game.

Given- 6- Did his bit

Beye- 6- Still not the Beye of last year

Enrique- 5.5- Stuck to it despite a very tricky Lennon

Bassong-8- Class act and one of the buys of the season

Colo- 7- Solid

NZogbia- 6- Faded

Guttierez- 6- Had loads of the ball but did very little with it

Butt- 7- Got stuck in

Guthrie- 6.5- Not as influential as last week

Owen-5- One chance, one miss but decent running

Ameobi- 4.5- Injured

Viduka- 4.5 - Did nothing and then a wonderful assist

Duff- 5- Happy Christmas.

Ameobi- 4.5- Injured

yeah sure :lol:

Dunno what your point is but both Ameobi and Viduka were faily ineffective, hence the low scores.

Given- 6- Did his bit

Beye- 6- Still not the Beye of last year

Enrique- 5.5- Stuck to it despite a very tricky Lennon

Bassong-8- Class act and one of the buys of the season

Colo- 7- Solid

NZogbia- 6- Faded

Guttierez- 6- Had loads of the ball but did very little with it

Butt- 7- Got stuck in

Guthrie- 6.5- Not as influential as last week

Owen-5- One chance, one miss but decent running

Ameobi- 4.5- Injured

Duff- 100- Happy Christmas.

FYP!  :frantic:

If that had been Ronaldo & Rooney instead of Duff & Viduka scoring that winner, the media would be wanking over it for weeks. Was world-class from both.

Very good shout. Bit like Fuller's piece of skill earlier in the season, against Villa I think.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result, and thought that was gonna be the outcome when Owen blasted over that chance.

Bassong looks solid, Zoggy had his best game in ages and Viduka adds something extra up front, thought Enrique had a good game like, did a decent job on Lennon who was spuds only threat.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result, and thought that was gonna be the outcome when Owen blasted over that chance.

Bassong looks solid, Zoggy had his best game in ages and Viduka adds something extra up front, thought Enrique had a good game like, did a decent job on Lennon who was spuds only threat.

Your avatar! :spit:

Dunno what your point is but both Ameobi and Viduka were faily ineffective, hence the low scores.

so your point is that they both contributed equally to the game. Exactly and perfectly the same.

... Even without Viduka's involvement in the winner, pretty laughable.

Anyway, not long now on MOTD.

Poor first touch from Shola led to that goal. He absolutely had to be subbed off. Viduka was miles ahead of Shola today.

subbed off cos of injury wasn't it ?

Unless he was just having a kip on the floor before he went off i think so.

Poor first touch from Shola led to that goal. He absolutely had to be subbed off. Viduka was miles ahead of Shola today.

subbed off cos of injury wasn't it ?

He was moving fine, imo. Even if he was injured, he couldn't have been in worse shape than Viduka was when he came on. Watching it now, Shola really was bad with the ball at his feet.