West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carroll

I may have jumped the gun to be honest, i think he news is still the same. He dosnt fly out until tomorrow

Guest Stephen927

Read yesterday his injury has anything up to 2 months recovery time. Probably won't come back the same player this season, huge blow.

Read yesterday his injury has anything up to 2 months recovery time. Probably won't come back the same player this season, huge blow.

we really need a new striker now, hope Pardew pulls something out of the hat

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, all this because he was running through walls of rush with a slight injury. Even before the Man City game, where he seemed to be in real pain, he didn't appear 100% (showed less effort/work rate). Ah, bugger.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seriously. Again? Already? No wonder Kezmen wants to be a Journo, he only needs to write one story, and it'll get printed every day of the week.

Guest neesy111

I would honestly love to rub Harry Redknapp's face into a pool full of lava.  Can he take fucking no for an answer for FFS.

Guest Wearside

Wearside don't be a mong. Look at the potential he's got. Of course 25millions good for a player who's had half a decent season, but what if he goes on to give us many many sexalicious seasons.

Going on like a mong??Fuck off man,£25m is a great fee,someone like Torres is only going for about £35m man,take a reality check.

What if he gets found out next season and defenders know how to mark him and his goals drop?It happens and yes he has bags of "potential" but we have all seen players with so called bags of "potential" struggle badly in the past.

Look I'm not calling Carroll and think he has a great future if he gets his head right but whatever way you look at it,£25m is a massive fee for someone with relatively little top flight games behind him.

Considering Stoke thought £7m was a bit too pricey at the start of the season shows how much his value has rocketed. I really can't see the stopping right now and we need to hang on to him. £25m is a lot of money if its straight up cash, but we've no time to spend it and Carroll bless his heart is playing for the club he loves and won't be moving to Tottenham, he's better than that already.

Anything can and does happen in football, but its worth us sticking with him and keeping him here, even if he gets sussed out (don't really see that happening due to his height and ability in the air) he's still a £10m player all day long who's come through the academy and living the Geordie dream, and that in itself is priceless.

I don't think he's worth £25m based on how good he is, I definitely wouldn't take it though. Why should we? He's the most exciting player to come through our youth system for god knows how long, he's great fun to watch and genuinely cares about the club. We could (and have in the past) easily piss away that amount of money, it just isn't worth it. I'm sure at some point in the future he might not be valued as highly but fuck it, we're fans, why would we want money in the club above players who get you off your seat?