West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They can plan all they want tbh. Only today did Carroll express once again his desire to stay here and score goals in our shirt.

The only question is how Ashley reacts should they make such a bid.

big question, then again there are few chairman/owners of clubs who wouldn't think twice about a 30m bid, just find it hard to believe spurs would actually offer that much

Same here, much as I like him he's not 'worth' a £30m bid. That said, I still wouldn't sell him for any money as I've said all along.

If there is any truth in it, Ashley could start repairing some bridges by openly resisting and therefore demonstrating some semblance of ambition. Despite what some people on here like to claim, we're not THAT fucking hard up.

Why does he have little choice? Larsson would probably be starting for us tomorrow if that was the case.

It's not that he'd be transferred against his will, I think his will would change accordingly.

They can plan all they want tbh. Only today did Carroll express once again his desire to stay here and score goals in our shirt.

The only question is how Ashley reacts should they make such a bid.

big question, then again there are few chairman/owners of clubs who wouldn't think twice about a 30m bid, just find it hard to believe spurs would actually offer that much

Same here, much as I like him he's not 'worth' a £30m bid. That said, I still wouldn't sell him for any money as I've said all along.

If there is any truth in it, Ashley could start repairing some bridges by openly resisting and therefore demonstrating some semblance of ambition. Despite what some people on here like to claim, we're not THAT fucking hard up.

while we would reject it on principle we're fans, ashley would think would any club ever offer more if 30m was slapped on the table. with the incoming rules from uefa i doubt if other clubs bid for him in the future the offer would be anywhere near 30m

the british transfer record is £32.5m for robinho. if £30m comes in, you know ashley will accept - not because OMGZ HE SELLS OUR BEST PLAYERS - but because its a lot of money.

not that i'd accept 30....

Exactly. Purely from a financial point of view, he'd be mad not to consider a £30m bid. Whatever you think of Carroll, that is above market value from a unbiased point of view.

Still think we should do everything to keep him like.

the british transfer record is £32.5m for robinho. if £30m comes in, you know ashley will accept - not because OMGZ HE SELLS OUR BEST PLAYERS - but because its a lot of money.

Exactly. Purely from a financial point of view, he'd be mad not to consider a £30m bid. Whatever you think of Carroll, that is above market value from a unbiased point of view.

if only because if he carries on the way he has, euro qulaifiers coming in which he may be a starter, what price then ?

The only reason Ashley would knock £30m back this summer is if he thought he could get £40m for him the following summer.

He'll be sold eventually and we all know it. :hmm:

Just like Blackburn sold Bentley and Duff, like Sunderland will sell Henderson, Everton Pinnear, Man U and Ronaldo etc. etc.

It doesn't make it right, but he'll be doing what every other football chairman has done and continues to do.

if only because if he carries on the way he has, euro qulaifiers coming in which he may be a starter, what price then ?

Probably not much more.

it ain't gonna get much higher if you ask me

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The problem is that if Carroll is sold, the club won't see any of the cash. We all know where it will be going....

Terrorism.

I disagree, as much as I dislike Ashley and think he is a moron this whole selling anything that isn't nailed down is a bit of a myth.  He hasn't sold one good player who hasn't wanted to go as far as I am aware. Some say we haven't had anyone worth selling but given their wages we could have shifted the likes of Enrique, Barton, Colo for a small fee and saved a he'll of a lot signing other players on a lot lower wages.

Maybe it's just blind hope but I don't see Carroll leaving unless it really is a fee you just couldn't turn down.

The problem is that if Carroll is sold, the club won't see any of the cash. We all know where it will be going....

where ?

Probably to reduce that money Ashley pumps in each year. One and a half years free! :thup:

The only reason Ashley would knock £30m back this summer is if he thought he could get £40m for him the following summer.

He'll be sold eventually and we all know it. :hmm:

Just like Blackburn sold Bentley and Duff, like Sunderland will sell Henderson, Everton Pinnear, Man U and Ronaldo etc. etc.

It doesn't make it right, but he'll be doing what every other football chairman has done and continues to do.

I know.

I'd rather we kept him and built a team around him but I know that's not happening either. We've got the nucleus of a good first XI and I want to see that developed with a bit of investment in players but I know Carroll is a diamond and will go on to bigger and better things.

where ?

Ashley's pocket. He wants the money back that he has loaned to the club - how else is he going to get it back?

other than assumption and wild accusations has that ever been proven?