West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think he's a shocking target man, but as long as he scores i could barely care less. Don't think he'll cut it at all next season though.

You didnt think he'd cut it this season the majority of the time. Some of us could see his ability was there though obviously  :aww:

Up until February he had 4 league goals. His form in the last 3 months has been absolutely brilliant, but let's not forgot the shower of s**** we've been playing against.

He's 21 ffs.

What on earth does that have to do with any of the above? :lol:

You make it seem like his good form of late is only due to playing shit teams. Sure, up until Feb he did only have 4 goals, but he's so young, I don't see how people can be so ready to write him off. I can't even think of a Premier League player (with the exception of Cahill) who has looked such a composed finisher in the air.

Guest palnese

He's lethal in the air and will only get better. Shola has been starting matches in the PL for ten years now, don't see why Carroll can't.

He's a premiership player at this moment in time? I'd like it to be true but there's nowt whatsoever to support it.

Anyone who thinks we should start him next season needs a reality check.

I'd much rather someone in the Andy Cole mold myself. Anyone out there? Beckford?

:fishing:

He's a premiership player at this moment in time? I'd like it to be true but there's nowt whatsoever to support it.

We can't and won't sign a better target man. You need a reality check.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, I'd say give the lad a chance. He can only improve by playing against better defenders, if he doesn't... well, we'll make a profit selling him on. That is if we don't go all Shola Tombola and give him random prizes/new contracts.

Guest WashyGeordie

Does playing 29 games in the PL not count anymore like?  :fishing:

Fair enough the first couple of seasons, where it was here and there. But last year i thought he looked very promising in the PL, albeit relegated. So with a year behind him of CCC first team football where he's proved he can do a job, that experience should definately come in handy for him with the confidence & goals etc.

However i'm not saying we don't need to buy any strikers, 'cos we do imo, we've got Xisco coming back, Best & Ameobi, who tbh, aren't upto standard. Fair enough Ameobi has atleast proven in the past he's scored in the PL and europe, but i (and most likely others) just don't think he gives as much to the team as Andy Carroll has done, plus he's injury prone and about 30 years old etc etc.

Don't be fucking ridiculous. There's no reason we have to start a target man.

Guest toonlass

He's lethal in the air and will only get better. Shola has been starting matches in the PL for ten years now, don't see why Carroll can't.

Basically my point.

do you remember what you said about Hughton at the start of the season?

Don't be fucking ridiculous. There's no reason we have to start a target man.

With Lovenkrands, Jonas, Routledge and Nolan as our other attacking players, we kind of do.

Don't be f***ing ridiculous. There's no reason we have to start a target man.

With Lovenkrands, Jonas, Routledge and Nolan as our other attacking players, we kind of do.

Lovenkrands won't be getting in next season for a start, and to be honest, I don't have a clue what you're getting at.

Carroll needs to be starting next year - since January has been superb. 

Sylvan ebanks-blake was superb all season in a lesser team, your argument has no substance. Carroll's not ready to be our main man.