West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£90k a week, fucking hell :lol:

I doubt we'd pay half of that.

I imagine the vast majority of clubs wouldn't pay anything like that, and rightly so, too.

More and more clubs will be moving in that direction - away from the mental salaries.

They'll say they are but given they're going to be richer than ever I find it hard to believe.

19th richest club in the world with the 10th highest in average attendances and we have a manager who constantly tells us "the big boys" will come in and sign our players and we just can't compete with those type of clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22618340

West Ham have agreed a fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll but the England striker has yet to decide if he wants to join the Hammers permanently.

The London side will match Liverpool's asking price of around £15m, but the 24-year-old is unsure about the move ahead of a World Cup year.

It is understood interest from former club Newcastle United has cooled.

West Ham are expected to bid for Vitesse Arnhem's Wilfried Bony if Carroll rejects their approach.

Carroll is on around £90,000 a week at Liverpool; that salary is way beyond Newcastle's budget, although not out of West Ham's salary structure.

:pilko:

How can West Ham afford that if Newcastle can't, unbelievable.  #FFP

I personally would love him back if it wasn't for his injuries.  According to that article his now injured for 6 weeks and he only played 25 games this year.  Of course it's not a sure thing he will be mr.sicknote, but it is an indicator which I don't like.  I'm 50/50 on this although I voted "Yes". 

We could afford it, doesnt mean we should be willing to pay it though.  West Ham aren't really interested in what they can afford or whether it's a sensible idea to do something, they're run by fucking idiots.

Made the mistake of re-watching the Sunderland 5-1 tonight. Would quite like him back based on that performance but not sure how often he could play like that anymore as he's been picking up knocks consistently since he left us.

Is there not anyone else other than Carroll? Seems as if some are desperate for the lad to return.

The only positives I see for his return is that he is a Geordie lad who 'apparently' wants to play for his hometown club. The only other thing I see is that he could stay here for a long time - ala Shola..

But really would be better for us to have a look at other options first. This time, the club needs to be ultra-confident on who they can get and sign. And they better not run out of time again before its too late.

It all depends if Carroll accepts I suppose, if we've spoken to him he may reject it, awaiting our bid, could be a twist in this. Not that I want him to preserve the cretins job any longer.

Why on earth would Liverpool accept an offer from us? We won't be paying £15m for anyone.

Didn't you make similar statements before we signed Cisse?

I doubt a player of his particular abilities would get the time of day here if he weren't named Andy Carroll.

A good player, but he's overrated by many on this board.

A good player, but he's overrated by many on this board.

That'll happen when you've got a player who's undeniably brilliant at attacking balls at head height and a squad that needs such a player so much it's beyond anything resembling a laughing matter.

Completely torn on a possible Carroll return.

As has been said, with our current setup we're crying out for a player exactly like him. If we are going to insist on keeping Pardew as manager then we really need a player like Carroll.

I'd rather get a new manager and target other kinds of players though, obviously.

Anyone saying that Carroll is not worth £15m is off their bonce tbh.

New Sky deal means all transfers are going to be massively inflated this summer, so £15m fee now is probably less than £10m in old money. £10m for an England striker in his early 20's? If Carroll plays like he has for West Ham (and for us) he will be back in the England squad next year.

Anyone thinking we're better suited to a forward who can help us carpet-football it around the likes of Arsenal and Man City are mad. We have some of those already, and I don't really want to wait another season where an untried gets used to the Premier League. We need someone like Carroll so that we have an option. The trick is coaching or buying defenders who do not panic and lump it to him at every single opportunity.

I just think it'd be a backwards step for us to sign him.  At £15m I bet Carr could get two or three decent players who will improve us more than Carroll.  Yes, he might suit our particular brand of hoofball but in my opinion the solution is not to sign someone who will allow us to play more effective hoofball, it's to stop playing hoofball.

Guest bimpy474

A few differing opinions on here, personally i think he's underated and a much better player than some think. That said i wouldn't spend £15m on him because of the amount of games he misses through injury.