Why is losing like this acceptable?

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

A club of our stature should never ever be on the end of scorelines like this against any opposition, not at home and it is about time the fans of this club stopped accepting such s**** from the club and demand more from it. I've had enough of making excuses for them. Kinnear ought to be sacked for masterminding such an inept performance while the players should be publicly flogged.

Did you think Keegan should have been sacked for the 5-1 against Man Utd last season?

What about Sir Bobby for the 6-2 humping we took?

No because they were good managers where such results were freak events, managers that could come back from such defeats.

I know what a hypocrite you'll say, I don't give a fuck though. He wants sacked for this defeat.

Guest Howaythetoon

A club of our stature should never ever be on the end of scorelines like this against any opposition, not at home and it is about time the fans of this club stopped accepting such s**** from the club and demand more from it. I've had enough of making excuses for them. Kinnear ought to be sacked for masterminding such an inept performance while the players should be publicly flogged.

mid-table at best?

The team is mid-table at best, the club ain't. This is a top 6 club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Butt and Owen getting applauded off

why?

And Gerrard...

Didn't agree with that mind, although he was class and as painful as it is to say this, a joy to watch at times.

Did you think Keegan should have been sacked for the 5-1 against Man Utd last season?

No because they were good managers where such results were freak events, managers that could come back from such defeats.

I know what a hypocrite you'll say, I don't give a fuck though. He wants sacked for this defeat.

A freak result for Sir Bobby maybe.

You've already admitted you're a hypocrite so I don't need to say it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I know what a hypocrite you'll say, I don't give a f*** though. He wants sacked for this defeat.

I am, we all are (you too), just like we are all fickle. Unlike you however I don't try and hide it or worry about what other people think of me.

I know what a hypocrite you'll say, I don't give a f*** though. He wants sacked for this defeat.

I am, we all are (you too), just like we are all fickle. Unlike you however I don't try and hide it or worry about what other people think of me.

I reckon sacking the manager is the perfect thing to try at this club. Why didn't we think about it before?

Guest The Libertine

mid-table at best?

:jesuswept:

Should Phil Brown be sacked for the two bollockings Hull have been dealt by the Mackems and City?

Because I really care what people on the internet think of me.

As I've told you before, don't start crying just because you decided to buy your first ever season ticket when the Messiah came back and he fucked off after one home game.

Guest Howaythetoon

mid-table at best?

What's so wrong about that? Newcastle is a top 6 club, the team isn't but the club most certainly is and its about time we started acting like one.

Guest Howaythetoon

As I've told you before, don't start crying just because you decided to buy your first ever season ticket when the Messiah came back and he f***ed off after one home game.

:lol:

You'd love that to be true. You care enough to claim you're a black kid on a forum just to win an argument, that's how sad you are.

mid-table at best?

What's so wrong about that? Newcastle is a top 6 club, the team isn't but the club most certainly is and its about time we started acting like one.

What do you mean by a top 6 club? I'm not having a dig, just genuinely don't really know what people mean when they say that. Is it just the fanbase?

As I've told you before, don't start crying just because you decided to buy your first ever season ticket when the Messiah came back and he f***ed off after one home game.

:lol:

You'd love that to be true. You care enough to claim you're a black kid on a forum just to win an argument, that's how sad you are.

i know for a fact it's true, poor HTT with his first season ticket and king Kev fucked off after one game. mackems.gif

I'm not black though or have never claimed to be :lol: feel free to pull it up if you like.

mid-table at best?

Pretty sure you started a thread recently saying that Newcastle were the biggest club in the world?

You could do with a bit of realism tbh mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

mid-table at best?

Pretty sure you started a thread recently saying that Newcastle were the biggest club in the world?

Fuck off back to whatever ground Scunthorpe play in "mate", can't be arsed with the likes of you.

Guest Howaythetoon

mid-table at best?

What do you mean by a top 6 club? I'm not having a dig, just genuinely don't really know what people mean when they say that. Is it just the fanbase?

Fanbase, history, stadium, etc. We are a top 6 club in terms of stature, if not the team and our position.

Guest The Libertine
As I've told you before, don't start crying just because you decided to buy your first ever season ticket when the Messiah came back and he fucked off after one home game.

:lol: that explains so much.

mid-table at best?

Fuck off back to whatever ground Scunthorpe play in "mate", can't be arsed with the likes of you.

So nothing to answer about the actual post then?

Fanbase, history, stadium, etc. We are a top 6 club in terms of stature, if not the team and our position.

Stadium and fanbase yeah, our history isn't that special though. It's not bad, but there can't be many alive who can remember us winning the league and we've only won one tin of any note in the last 50 years. What do your expectations of us being a top 6 club include? Do we have to finish top 6 every year?

Guest Howaythetoon

Stadium and fanbase yeah, our history isn't that special though. It's not bad, but there can't be many alive who can remember us winning the league and we've only won one tin of any note in the last 50 years. What do your expectations of us being a top 6 club include? Do we have to finish top 6 every year?

Top 7 in terms of trophies won I think. Considering how long its been that's not a bad stat.

We don't have to always finish in the top 6 no, we should always act or try to act like a top 6 club though, i.e. not settle for anything less, have higher standards. That goes for the fans too. We get stick for being too demanding and with high expectations which is a load of crap to be honest, if anything we are too easy to please. Look at today, 5-1 down and the whole ground gets up and starts chanting Newcastle Newcastle which is great don't get me wrong, I was very proud personally, but perhaps that is part of the problem too. I dunno, just sick about everything NUFC related at the moment and feel they don't deserve us and we certainly don't deserve what we're seeing.

I agree that we should always aim as high as possible.

I guess my point is really that being a 'top 6 club' is a meaningless thing imo. The league is a fluid thing that will inevitably go in cycles with different clubs feeling they're not doing or chasing what they should at certain times. Luck plays a huge part in the short term.

I don't think anyone 'deserves' anything in football.

Guest Howaythetoon

I agree that we should always aim as high as possible.

I guess my point is really that being a 'top 6 club' is a meaningless thing imo. The league is a fluid thing that will inevitably go in cycles with different clubs feeling they're not doing or chasing what they should at certain times. Luck plays a huge part in the short term.

I don't think anyone 'deserves' anything in football.

I agree, but we need to adopt a mentality that we are a top 6 club and anything outside of that is not and never will be acceptable in the same way that finishing second isn't acceptable to Man Utd. I think that isn't too much to ask for.

Guest firetotheworks

Personally its not a case of accepting this kind of result, more trying to change the way I support the team to what I did from last season backwards. Accept that we were gash, get pissed off, make suggestions. But the whole 'such and such is a disgrace' and the whole players only caring about their wages stuff after one performance will never help a player and by extension the team. As soon as we get thrashed theres too many who will take that attitude into the next match and it has nothing but a negative effect.

I think some people look at the situation. Big club, massive support, big players and think why arent we doing better. True in a world where 2+2=4, some of us need to realise that our stock has fallen considerably and theres little allure with us anymore. Were going to have to either do a Man City or continue buying players like Jonas, Bassong and Colo and get into a position to attract even better players again. I still feel the situation that were in is savable, or rather I hope it is, because Keegan leaving or not weve brought in some decent players.

In a nutshell I think we have every right to be pissed off but within this situation I think some (including myself) expect this kind of result. Personally I want to keep as positive an attitude as I can because a negative attitude in us at SJP is the same as a negative attitude in a player, what with us being NUFC. Lose the whole 'we are not amused' attitude at the first sight of a problem (along with other changes within the club) and we might get out of this shit smelling of roses.