Why is losing like this acceptable?

Dave

Hull got hammered 5-1 the other day, will be interesting to see how they respond today before meeting us next weekend.

Let's just say - I don't expect their makem manager to need to do a half time humiliation of his team against us......

No chance of an investment, he's never splashed out in the transfer market so why would he now especially in the current climate, we might get in 1 or 2 players with 1 or 2 leaving.

The transfers and money he spent over the last year or so never happened then?

We've made no big, extravagant purchases under him, granted.

You might find that the net spent isnt much at all...3 or 4 mill?

correct.

think he'll spend a bit more in Jan tho, if only because of the looming threat of relegation/having to win over fans.

I wondered how long it would be before people trotted out the "He's only spending because he has to" rubbish.

It was said back in the Summer that the money for Milner would be reinvested, if that happens in January then I don't see it as them doin git because they have to.

how's it rubbish? when he's had less pressure over the previous 3 windows he's spent next to nothing and had there been that same lack of pressure now than he wouldve continued to spend nothing. the fact he is staying, has to win over fans and spend a bit to move clear of relegation will precipitate a bit more funds being released. that's not necessarily a criticism, more a reason why he'd be motivated to spend in contrast to the other 3 windows.

ive said before id like to see us match Lerner's levels of spending which would need £60m net spent in January, which won't happen. we'll see around £10M net iyam, couple of money transfers, couple of loans, and a player or two leaving. should be enough to keep us up if Kinnear makes the right moves, and then in the summer id like to see the big money spent.

Guest north shields lad

We are a big club?  Since when.  Jesus christ, our support is so deluded.  We pressing high up the pitch and got done with a sucker punch.  Liverpool are currently top of the league, stable, playing with confidence, world class players and just look at their bench.

We are SEVERAL classes below them.  We are an average team, they are a great team.  Don't kid yourselves otherwise

Two periods in the last 15 years - but that was with ambitious owners.

The same ambitious owbers who were ran out of town, says it all about us.

It isn't, I think it's just so many like myself were expecting a performance of this kind today. We can't excuse it but we have to live with it and hope the player are able to redeem themselves by showing a bit more professionalism in the next few games.

Liverpool are an excellent team no doubt but we should not be losing 1-5 at home to anyone. Our squad is poor because we have an owner has not allowed sufficient investment in key areas so far. We have a manager who is doing his best but his best is never going to be good enough in the long term. Again this is up to the owner to sort out but I suspect he is happy to continue in this vein as he is being told the books are balanced. This isn't acceptable.

No chance of an investment, he's never splashed out in the transfer market so why would he now especially in the current climate, we might get in 1 or 2 players with 1 or 2 leaving.

correct.

think he'll spend a bit more in Jan tho, if only because of the looming threat of relegation/having to win over fans.

I wondered how long it would be before people trotted out the "He's only spending because he has to" rubbish.

It was said back in the Summer that the money for Milner would be reinvested, if that happens in January then I don't see it as them doin git because they have to.

how's it rubbish? when he's had less pressure over the previous 3 windows he's spent next to nothing and had there been that same lack of pressure now than he wouldve continued to spend nothing. the fact he is staying, has to win over fans and spend a bit to move clear of relegation will precipitate a bit more funds being released. that's not necessarily a criticism, more a reason why he'd be motivated to spend in contrast to the other 3 windows.

ive said before id like to see us match Lerner's levels of spending which would need £60m net spent in January, which won't happen. we'll see around £10M net iyam, couple of money transfers, couple of loans, and a player or two leaving. should be enough to keep us up if Kinnear makes the right moves, and then in the summer id like to see the big money spent.

Because it was just such an obvious dig, it was said the club would invest the money they got for Milner and if they do that then I don't see it as him spending because he had to, like I say it was obvious it was going to be trotted out though and it's a case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

As for Lerner, you're living in a dreamworld if you think anyone apart from Man City will be investing anywhere near that in January, mind you even if he did spend that there would be the same arseholes saying he's only doing so now because he has to.

correct.

Because it was just such an obvious dig, it was said the club would invest the money they got for Milner and if they do that then I don't see it as him spending because he had to, like I say it was obvious it was going to be trotted out though and it's a case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

what you on about? i said it is a reason why he would invest compared to not investing in the previous windows. im not damning if he does or damning if he doesnt, but even if i was, so what? ashley deserves all the stick he's received. the Milner money has already been reinvested over the summer, if we spend in Jan it'll be from a limited budget being made available plus what we get for shifting the likes of Enrique.

As for Lerner, you're living in a dreamworld if you think anyone apart from Man City will be investing anywhere near that in January, mind you even if he did spend that there would be the same arseholes saying he's only doing so now because he has to.

youre living in a dreamworld if you believe i think we'll spend that much as in the last paragraph of my previous post i outlined what i expect us to spend.

correct.

what you on about? i said it is a reason why he would invest compared to not investing in the previous windows. im not damning if he does or damning if he doesnt, but even if i was, so what? ashley deserves all the stick he's received. the Milner money has already been reinvested over the summer, if we spend in Jan it'll be from a limited budget being made available plus what we get for shifting the likes of Enrique.

youre living in a dreamworld if you believe i think we'll spend that much as in the last paragraph of my previous post i outlined what i expect us to spend.

You said you would like to see us spend £60 million in January even though you know it won't happen, well no shit.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

i'd like us to match Lerner's levels of spending, but think we'll spend around £10m in Jan, and then want to see the big money spent in the summer. think youre trying to invent a matter of contention out of nothing, suprise suprise.

i'd like us to match Lerner's levels of spending, but think we'll spend around £10m in Jan, and then want to see the big money spent in the summer. think youre trying to invent a matter of contention out of nothing, suprise suprise.

I'd like us to bring in more quality players like Jonas, Coloccini and Bassong, I can't say it bothers me how much we spend on getting them but I understand some fans need to be appeased.

The amount of money these bastards are paid a week they could at least TRY!

It doesnt matter who their playing against, they just cant churn out those performances, its not acceptable. If a person working in any other job gave such sh*t effort and had such a foul attitude they'd be sacked. These guys are clearly different.

I'm so angry and upset at this performance, I've been reduced to tears.

You're obviously too young to remember the 1974 FA Cup Final then.....

The amount of money these bastards are paid a week they could at least TRY!

It doesnt matter who their playing against, they just cant churn out those performances, its not acceptable. If a person working in any other job gave such sh*t effort and had such a foul attitude they'd be sacked. These guys are clearly different.

I'm so angry and upset at this performance, I've been reduced to tears.

You're obviously too young to remember the 1974 FA Cup Final then.....

I know of it, yes. That must of been horrible, but considering I wasnt alive then it doesnt mean as much to me. But yes, perspective.....I know.

Never Ever would be to Kevin Keegan,

Or Joe Kinnear tbh

diffrence is, jk has managed to do it....but dont let the facts get in they way of your agenda.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't we lose 5-1 to Man United at home?

MY agenda? Jesus wept.

5-1 at home to Man u?

Yeah, you wiped that fact out of your memory?

that was SA side, Keegans last game against man u when he chose the players he won 5-0,.. but dont let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

This is a Keegan side then, no?

Apart from Guthrie, No.

Guthrie played a cowardly game today, him and Butt hardly ventured from the centre circle.

Keegan is one of the reasons why we're in this situation.

A bottler.

Here here but it should not get away from the fact that the likes of a few teams at the bottom would have not been as humiliated as we have today.

The trouble started when we were fifth and they were fourth, and what happened after that, and for all the Bobby Robson adulation today, well who was there when he was practically booed off the field because we ONLY finished fifth? And only a few thousand stayed behind to see them walk around the field on the final day of the season?

me

Guest sittingontheball

The trouble started when we were fifth and they were fourth, and what happened after that, and for all the Bobby Robson adulation today, well who was there when he was practically booed off the field because we ONLY finished fifth? And only a few thousand stayed behind to see them walk around the field on the final day of the season?

In fairness, just seven or eight matches ago, the Kop booed Liverpool off as they drew to go top of the league. A league a good number of their fans will not even remember winning. When we finished fifth, there was a large drop in points compared to the previous season, a capitulation in Europe, and it looked like we were going backwards. Practically booing Newcastle then is far more understandable than Liverpool booing off a Rafa team.

Losing like today is not acceptable. Not the score itself, but the lack of challenges etc. against some often-meh players like Lucas and Benayoun. Both goals from corners were simply given away. Ours by comparison was a good cross and a good header.  That said, our squad is so threadbare and engine room so weak that a large goal margin was likely today. We were always going to be up against it with Beye and Bassong out and with no Martins to stretch them. I expect more craft and effort to retain and regain possession. Joe needs to give them the hairdryer.

Guest Howaythetoon

A club of our stature should never ever be on the end of scorelines like this against any opposition, not at home and it is about time the fans of this club stopped accepting such shite from the club and demand more from it. I've had enough of making excuses for them. Kinnear ought to be sacked for masterminding such an inept performance while the players should be publicly flogged.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way I can take any defeat, but not in the fashion that we lost today, it was so easy for Liverpool and I'm just grateful they played at their own pace and didn't have Keane and Torres on the pitch.

A club of our stature should never ever be on the end of scorelines like this against any opposition, not at home and it is about time the fans of this club stopped accepting such shite from the club and demand more from it. I've had enough of making excuses for them. Kinnear ought to be sacked for masterminding such an inept performance while the players should be publicly flogged.

Did you think Keegan should have been sacked for the 5-1 against Man Utd last season?

What about Sir Bobby for the 6-2 humping we took?

Guest The Libertine

mid-table at best?