Why is losing like this acceptable?

Dave

The only thing I care about is, what is going to be done to fix things?

The only thing that I can see giving us any chance of improving as a club (and I mean as a whole club) is to now get relegated.  As long as we stay in the top-flight we will keep on eeking out transfers and seasons trying to not drop, never performing the wholesale changes required to become a great club.

This whole club needs a complete clear out.  Organisation-wise we have a shit administration that is clueless to the issues or incapable of addressing them under present circumstances, team-wise we're completely (excluding Given and miraculous once-off performances) devoid of talent or skill, football management-wise we're devoid of strategic or tactical capabilities.  We need to go back to a lower league where we can perform open-heart-surgery on the club, build a squad of young, talented administrators, managers and footballers and build ourselves up.

I can see no way forward, under current circumstances we are devoid of hope and any attempt to not be relegated is just delaying the inevitable. Yes we might avoid relegation this year, but look over the past few years and all that is happening is we are slowly slipping lower and lower down the rankings.  We should just get it over with, shoot this mule in the head and go buy a new horse.  It's time to face up to reality, accept what is going to happen and get on about fixing things.  It'll either be 5 years to recover if we crack on with it, or 10 years if we keep fighting the inevitable.

It's never acceptable to lose like that but i think this as least shows big mike how much need their is for an investment.

No chance of an investment, he's never splashed out in the transfer market so why would he now especially in the current climate, we might get in 1 or 2 players with 1 or 2 leaving.

No chance of an investment, he's never splashed out in the transfer market so why would he now especially in the current climate, we might get in 1 or 2 players with 1 or 2 leaving.

The transfers and money he spent over the last year or so never happened then?

We've made no big, extravagant purchases under him, granted.

It's never acceptable to lose like that but i think this as least shows big mike how much need their is for an investment.

The level of investment required to rescue this team is not going to come from Ashley, nor anyone else in this economic climate.  There are no more Abramovich's (spelling???) in the world (heck even Abramovich isn't Abramovich any more), the only way we will build a decent squad now is over many years (as much as a decade depending on what path is taken).

You might find that the net spent isnt much at all...3 or 4 mill?

We do not have the players to compete at the very top level.

Liverpool played well today. Do not take anything away from that fact, not only do the have a lot of very good players they work very hard for one another. That is why they are top of the league. They closing down when they did not have the ball todat was excellent. Something Newcastle could learn from them,

plus they they have players who know how to use the ball when they get it.

simple game really.

The amount of money these bastards are paid a week they could at least TRY!

It doesnt matter who their playing against, they just cant churn out those performances, its not acceptable. If a person working in any other job gave such sh*t effort and had such a foul attitude they'd be sacked. These guys are clearly different.

I'm so angry and upset at this performance, I've been reduced to tears.

Guest The Libertine

thats because milner wanted to leave. getting £12 million for an average want away player is often used against "the regime".

There's something about the way Liverpool play that just fucks us over, they basically play on the break the whole time and we're just so susceptible to being cut open due to lack of organisation in midfield and at the back. It was a terrible result but I really don't think that will happen this much this season. We actually started off well and pushed up and pressured high up the pitch but then just fell back into our own half and with 5 midfielders they ran us ragged, disappointing but not the end of the world.

correct.

think he'll spend a bit more in Jan tho, if only because of the looming threat of relegation/having to win over fans.

correct.

think he'll spend a bit more in Jan tho, if only because of the looming threat of relegation/having to win over fans.

Lets hope so mate!

I'm upset but in a "I knew it was coming" kinda way. 3 first choice defenders out after half time. Steven Taylor still acting like Billy Idiot. He's such an individual he'll never ever form a good defensive partnership with anyone. Our midfield is like a retirement home. No pace, no stamina, no energy and no-one willing to drive the ball forward (even Jonas looks to have given that up). As for our revolving striking line up every game...without Martins we have no threat at all.

The amount of money these bastards are paid a week they could at least TRY!

It doesnt matter who their playing against, they just cant churn out those performances, its not acceptable. If a person working in any other job gave such sh*t effort and had such a foul attitude they'd be sacked. These guys are clearly different.

'm s

Iso angry and upset at this performance, I've been reduced to tears.

seen so many performance's like this in the past i do not get upset by it now

Yeah that’s is what worries me the most but for god sake he has to see that this club is going to struggle to stay up in the league with this paper thin squad

correct.

I wondered how long it would be before people trotted out the "He's only spending because he has to" rubbish.

It was said back in the Summer that the money for Milner would be reinvested, if that happens in January then I don't see it as them doin git because they have to.

Who's fuking team is it anyway?  :frantic:

And therein lies the problem, we've had more managers than Kerry Katona's had prawn rings and more footballers through our doors than Daniel Lloyd's bedroom.

Good point. We should be sticking with Kinnear through thick and thin then? ;)

I think Kinnear for the last 4 seasons would have been better than Souness/Roeder/Allardyce/Keegan/Kinnear.

Probably right. :undecided:

Unfortunately i really reckon so.

TT, you're right. The past few years haven't been Keegan managing Keegan's team, and Allardyce managing Allardyce's team.

There hasn't been a manager since Bobby who has been able to build their squad and team. They've all come and go so quickly. Kinnear isn't managing his team, he's managing a combination of Roeder's, Allardyce's, Keegan's etc. He wouldn't pick these players. Just look at today's lineup:

Given - Dalglish

Edgar - Bobby

Taylor - Bobby

Colocinni - Keegan

Enrique - Allardyce

Jonas - Keegan

Butt - Bobby

Guthrie - Keegan

N'Zogbia - Bobby

Owen - Souness

Duff - Roeder

Ridiculous that really.

Coloccini was a big, and by no means cheap, signing iyam.

It's not the result, it's the manner of it. If we'd went down by the odd goal and really had a go and dug in, I wouldn't be that upset. But the abject performances by all 10 outfield players today has become the norm, it isn't new to us anymore.

And you've just had the f*****g GALL to have a go at me for saying something along the same lines ?

Jesus wept....some people....

Dave - you're absolutely correct.

The more you make excuses for misbehaviour/violence/anti-social behaviour and in this case, a feeble performance from your team, the more you'll get.

At the same time, we should be praising Given to the heavens, but it must be soul destroying to a player like him - he produces regularly while.....