The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Can anyone give us a description of Jonas' goal? :)

Cut inside his man, hit a low shot at the bottom corner that bobbled a bit and beat Mandanda on the near post.

What is it with France and unreliable keepers - Lama, Barthez, Coupet, Mandanda

Surely, after tonight's performance (and last night's), it will be either Brazil or Argentina lifting the cup in 2010?

Hope you've been watching some of the Spain game...

They aren't playing a team that has any realistic chance of winning the cup.  Both Brazil and Argentina have beaten "world beaters" this week - and handidly.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surely, after tonight's performance (and last night's), it will be either Brazil or Argentina lifting the cup in 2010?

Hope you've been watching some of the Spain game...

Serial underperformers. Will win fuck all :)

France were the better team for the majority of that game, and by some distance in the first half. Jonas' goal came during Argentina's best sustained spell of pressure in that half, a few minutes towards the end. Messi's goal - and this is half the reason it was so good - came during a counter-attack.

France were the better team for the majority of that game, and by some distance in the first half. Jonas' goal came during Argentina's best sustained spell of pressure, a few minutes towards the end of the first half. Messi's goal - and this is half the reason it was so good - came during a counter-attack.

I thought it was more like France passing the ball around with no purpose and plays leading to nothing, Argentina looked more of a threat.

Yeah, in the second half that was more the case. I was going to edit on that France lacked a cutting edge (surpisingly given the talent they had on the pitch and even on the bench).

France were the better team for the majority of that game, and by some distance in the first half. Jonas' goal came during Argentina's best sustained spell of pressure, a few minutes towards the end of the first half. Messi's goal - and this is half the reason it was so good - came during a counter-attack.

I thought it was more like France passing the ball around with no purpose and plays leading to nothing, Argentina looked more of a threat.

Yeah, in the second half that was more the case. I was going to edit on that France lacked a cutting edge (surpisingly given the talent they had on the pitch and even on the bench).

These international trainingmatches are all bullshit anyways, just 22 players trying to avoid being injured because their clubs are pushing them that way.

There is no heart and soul for the international teams anymore.

True. For a friendly that game was actually pretty feisty. Ref gave out a few yellows and there were a couple of spats including one involving Gallas if I recall correctly. Ribery won a lot of free-kicks, he didn't really shy away.

They've both been struggling to qualify for the thing.

They've both been struggling to qualify for the thing.

Yeah, Argentina obviously have a new coach now though.

Jonas's goal should have been saved. Mandanda is fantastic for Marseille, but he was poor for France today.

It bobbled a little bit to be fair.

Jonas's goal should have been saved. Mandanda is fantastic for Marseille, but he was poor for France today.

I think it was a tricky shot, i dont think he suspected it to be shot there, but Jonas shot outsmarted him, simple

Keeper got down to it though, should have done better.