The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Liverpool were tremendous. Been a great week for them. Also good to see the Mancs on the receiving end for once and the empty seats were great too. :)

and this is after one loss too, never mind they won the cl last year and the league

Oh aye - some Mancs are so quick to slate fans of other clubs, but really they are no different than the rest of us when they get hammered.

Guest quklaani

Man Utd 1-4 Vidic

The f***ing HELL THERE'S A f***ing TITLE f***ing RACE!!!!(tm sky) stuff is going to be annoying for the next week or so.  It was never off in the first place and this doesn't really change that much with regards to the dippers.  It does mean I'm going to be spending the next couple of months being incredibly annoyed at everyone being completely unable to stop Chelsea scoring late goals though.  Christ do I hate being chased by Chelsea.  Liverpool won't win the league, Essien and Drogba just might.  Also think it dramatically curtails our chances in Europe.

I know I'll probably get slated for this, but I honestly think Liverpool weren't really that great today, pre-red card.  As a team they were the same tentative mediocrity they usually are against us.  Except with one strawberry blonde difference.  Torres took (the retards formerly known as) the best defense around and made it look a joke, he deserves huge praise for that, but no doubt much of the media will decide to firmly ram their tongues up Gerrard's arse for no apparent reason.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/3/14/1237039854788/Fernando-Torres-Liverpool-001.jpg

Best striker in the world, much as it pains me to say it.

Guest quklaani

Should add that Wiley was brilliant.  Kind of gives lie to those (such as a certain fat spanish waiter) who go on about how the opposition never gets anything at Old Trafford.

Third penalty this year!  Sir Alex isn't doing this corruption lark very well...

Guest quklaani

Evertn had 75% possession apparently. Says more about how abysmal Stoke are. We're utterly s**t at passing!

If you had Arteta still then I'd fancy you f...

I don't really need to finish that sentence do I?

Alternative ways to upset Everton fans:  "If only Yakubu hadn't been injured" "If only you had a better start to the season" and of course "if only Van Persie hadn't equalised."

Evertn had 75% possession apparently. Says more about how abysmal Stoke are. We're utterly s**t at passing!

If you had Arteta still then I'd fancy you f...

I don't really need to finish that sentence do I?

Alternative ways to upset Everton fans:  "If only Yakubu hadn't been injured" "If only you had a better start to the season" and of course "if only Van Persie hadn't equalised."

Yakubu hasn't been much of a miss.

The latter 2 are the key ones though.

That Arsenal game.... I think that's the goal that will stop us getting to the top 4, because our consistency is such that we'll be there or there abouts. Oh and Arteta aye.

Our defence though... I'm running out of words. 6 goals conceded in the last 17 games. Remarkable.

When was last time Manure conceded four at home?

When was last time manure conceded a pen at home?

Anyone know?

Geovanni converted one in Hull's 4-3 defeat earlier in the season.

Don't know about the first one.