The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Fucking great game at our place today. Result probably about right, even if we looked more likely to nick it at the end.

Ashley Young needs to stop diving so often. Apart from anything else, he then doesn't get decisions when he deserves them.

Fellaini is a dirty cunt, two blatant elbows today.

Our defence is fucked. We miss Laursen. Who wouldn't, mind

f***ing great game at our place today. Result probably about right, even if we looked more likely to nick it at the end.

Ashley Young needs to stop diving so often. Apart from anything else, he then doesn't get decisions when he deserves them.

Fellaini is a dirty c***, two blatant elbows today.

Our defence is f***ed. We miss Laursen. Who wouldn't, mind

He's hardly dirty, albeit reckless.

For the penalty, did Lescott actually catch Petrov? Didn't seem conclusive. If he didn't, it was surely an indirect free kick.

Why on earth was the 2nd goal a free kick in the first place?

You're quite right though, a cracking game. Thought it would be due to our positions, give or take the order, being nailed on 5th and 6th. Was good to see both sides playing with a degree of freedom.

Never a free kick for the 2nd goal in a million years.  He didn't even give it until Barry turned round and inexplicably asked the ref for it, Stevie G Laa-style. Nothing even happened. He must have learnt that trick while he's been in the England squad.

That goal changed the game as well, if it had stayed 3-1 for a short while instead of Villa instantly getting back in it then we would have seen that match out comfortably.

I thought Webb was shocking today. Just gave every 50/50 to Villa in the second half because he caved in to the crowd. Still not sure about the penalty, contact seemed minimal. I think it's one of those where you're pissed off if it's gone against you but would ask for it if it was the other way round. Tough call really.

Never a free kick for the 2nd goal in a million years.  He didn't even give it until Barry turned round and inexplicably asked the ref for it, Stevie G Laa-style. Nothing even happened. He must have learnt that trick while he's been in the England squad.

That goal changed the game as well, if it had stayed 3-1 for a short while instead of Villa instantly getting back in it then we would have seen that match out comfortably.

I thought Webb was shocking today. Just gave every 50/50 to Villa in the second half because he caved in to the crowd. Still not sure about the penalty, contact seemed minimal. I think it's one of those where you're pissed off if it's gone against you but would ask for it if it was the other way round. Tough call really.

We didn't do ourselves favours on some occasions, some of them were pointless free kicks to give away. But yeah, Webb completely caved in, the height of it IMO being when Jacobsen was looking to clear it, Young hauled him back by his shirt (play on), gets the ball, and crashes yet again to the floor, getting a free kick. Glad the b****** didn't score.

What about Jo at the other end re: the pen claim? Honest question because I can't remember it very well. A possible shout? And yep, the 2nd goal was never a free kick. I'd be more pissed off if the game really meant something though. Mind as I say, the plus point of that was generally a hugely entertaining game.

We didn't defend Carew well at all, mind, when he's on form, how do you defend him?

Why didn't Given at least wait until the summer so someone like Arsenal went in for him. He deserves a club like that.

Fuck him.

Aye. With a red hot poker stick.

Fucking splitter. :hmm:

Lazio and Roma aren't wasting any time. 2-1 Lazio before 10 minutes pass.

it's 4-2 to Lazio now

course the game finished yesterday

:mike:

:lol: God damn.

Fuck.

...shit!

We didn't do ourselves favours on some occasions, some of them were pointless free kicks to give away. But yeah, Webb completely caved in, the height of it IMO being when Jacobsen was looking to clear it, Young hauled him back by his shirt (play on), gets the ball, and crashes yet again to the floor, getting a free kick. Glad the b****** didn't score.

What about Jo at the other end re: the pen claim? Honest question because I can't remember it very well. A possible shout? And yep, the 2nd goal was never a free kick. I'd be more pissed off if the game really meant something though. Mind as I say, the plus point of that was generally a hugely entertaining game.

We didn't defend Carew well at all, mind, when he's on form, how do you defend him?

I didn't actually see the Jo incident properly, my little niece and nephew were running riot at the time off their heads on sugar and e-numbers. I assume it wasn't a pen though because no fuss was made of it after the game.

Ashley Young, I really do not like and haven't since the Cup game at Goodison. His diving and moaning, gobby attitude really piss me off. He's up there with Fabregas and Gerrard on my blacklist now :lol:

Our defending just wasn't up to scratch today though. Very unusual for us to throw a lead away, nevermind a two goal lead twice! Regardless of any harsh circumstances we should have defended better in general. Credit to Villa for putting us under pressure though, we were struggling with the crosses and high balls today for some reason and Carew was a menace.

I think Howard got shown up as being average again too. He isn't up to the same quality as the rest of our first XI.

I don't know how you can say Webb was shite in favour of us. He was rubbish all round, there were plenty of decisions he gave your way which were clearly ours, and vice versa.

Fellaini is a great player, but elbows all over the place, and has been that way all season, hence his dreadful yellow card record. God knows how he got away with it today.

The free kick was definitely a free kick, was right in front of me, but I didn't see the penalty decision as i was engaged in an argument with a truculent old twat who sits behind me and was irked that I stood in a moment of excitement.

Incidentally, there was a clear push on (I think) Davis in your area from one corner which was a very good penalty shout, which Webb missed.

He's a shite referee but was shite all around. To suggest that's why you didn't win today is way off the mark, though. You didn't win because  whilst you got two scrappy goals from our shite defending and a goal out of nothing (which, in fairness, was quality), with the exception of the first 20 minutes or so, we were the more threatening side.

Great game though. Solid, methodical, patient play by Everton versus our weird mixture of slapstick defending and fast movement of the ball.

The two league games this season between us have been really excellent stuff. I'm not mentioning the cup game, mind *whistles*

I know both sides are capable of being a bit hit and miss in terms of form (especially us of late) but today did make me think that there's a gap between the two, as the best of the rest, as it were, and the rest of the table.

Actually mate, I can only think of Fellaini elbowing intentionally in one other game against Hull at home. All his yellows have been for clumsy fouls and often pretty harshly, not for use of the elbow.

Lets agree to disagree on the free kick, I've seen it on telly with replays and for me it is never a foul. They're both just jostling with each other and it shouldn't have been given imo.

Webb definitely shit himself when the crowd got restless today and was pretty biased in the second half I thought. I was disappointed with that because I remember singing his praises after the derby at Anfield this season for not caving in when that lot were appealing stupidly for everything and instead ref'd it very fairly.

The Cahill goal was scrappy but I don't see how Fellaini's was? Strong running by Baines, good movement in the box from Fellaini and an absolute peach of a low cross to pick him out.

I can't say I've actually enjoyed either of our league games this season but they were definitely exciting and must have been great for neutrals. I reckon you're right about the gap between us and the other 14 teams outside the Sky 4 though, I think we've both got a bit more about us.

I can't say I've actually enjoyed either of our league games this season but they were definitely exciting and must have been great for neutrals. I reckon you're right about the gap between us and the other 14 teams outside the Sky 4 though, I think we've both got a bit more about us.

I kind of know what you mean. Today was a great game, but I'm not entirely sure I enjoyed it as it was so fucking tense.

I meant the goal was scrappy from our point of view, with our slapstick defending making it easy.

There's definitely a gap between us and the rest, though. An amalgamation of our squad and yours would have a good chance of cracking the top four. Unfortunately, neither team are good enough at the moment.

With us the problem is that we've got the money, we're too hit and miss with our signings. With you, you don't have the money, but when you do spend it, you spend it well.

Moyes is a quality manager, though, at least as good as, and arguably better than, O'Neill, overall because he makes some really great signings.

I kind of know what you mean. Today was a great game, but I'm not entirely sure I enjoyed it as it was so f***ing tense.

I meant the goal was scrappy from our point of view, with our slapstick defending making it easy.

There's definitely a gap between us and the rest, though. An amalgamation of our squad and yours would have a good chance of cracking the top four. Unfortunately, neither team are good enough at the moment.

With us the problem is that we've got the money, we're too hit and miss with our signings. With you, you don't have the money, but when you do spend it, you spend it well.

Moyes is a quality manager, though, at least as good as, and arguably better than, O'Neill, overall because he makes some really great signings.

No offense to either of you, but the sight of an Everton fan and a Villa fan patting each other on the back is just about enough to make me weep these days.

ISTANBUL — Players from Istanbul's two biggest teams, Galatasary and Fenerbahce, fought each other Sunday in the final minutes of a tense derby match that ended in a 0-0 draw.

Games between archrivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are usually tense, but on Sunday both sides needed to win in order to remain in the race for Turkey's Superleague title.

With just minutes left in the game, Fenerbahce's Diego Lugano headbutted Galatasaray's Emre Asik from behind, touching off a fracas that involved most players on the field.

Four players -two from each team - were red-carded for their involvement in the fighting.

The two sides' fans were also in combative mood, dismantling seats and trying to hurl them at each other.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jBIipcDazkUin9jdDbBXAinnY2vw

Emre used to be Gala player as well, should make good youtube viewing.