The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Stephen Carr is shit.

Kevin Phillips is a cunt.

Lee Bowyer is a twat.

Cameron Jerome is a diving little cock.

Birmingham are a shocking footballing side.

How did you get on today? :lol:

Lost 1-0, didn't deserve to lose tbh. I hate how since we're 'pretty much safe' and have been for the past 2/3 weeks, we've been shit. We're already on holiday. Bollocks to that crap.

Guest Heneage

http://www.daily-calcio.com/main/images/stories/Balotelli_Inter_02_rts300x200.jpg

http://im.sport.cz/129/101296-article-2t70h.jpg

you know it was luck nixon, Inter toyed around with Bjuve most of the game.

ah well, lo scudetto is home again anyways.

Grande Balo

1 Inter        32 22  8  2  58-24   74

2 Juventus     32 19  7  6  57-30   64

Mourinho: "Celebrating at ten points behind..."

He said: "Inter deserved to win but I liked to see the Juventus players and their fans rejoice in their stadium - the stadium of a historic and important team - over the draw and see a whole group happy even if they are ten points behind the league leaders.

:lol: Mourinho is great.

Why didn't Villa have a sponsor on their shirts today?

More's the point, why were we wearing our third kit at home.

Styles saw clashes between every other combination of kits. West Ham's home kit, obv, clashes with ours. West Ham's away kit has blue sleeves and clashes with our home kit and our away kit, which is blue. Hence the third shirt.

When we came out in the first half, there were no sponsors, badges or names on the shirts.

Second half, they'd got them all on. I reckon they must have got the club shop to put names on the shirts with a  bit of urgency.,

It was weird. Not as weird as our fucking dreadful defending though, Davies and Cuellar were awful.

One thing i really enjoy about watching Carew play is his commitment to his team players, very positive player.

Carew is awesome. At the moment, he and Milner are our best players by some distance.

Considering he's missed about a third of the season, he still has 13 goals, not bad for someone who isn't an out and out goalscorer.

Going forward yesterday we were awesome at times. At the back we looked awful.

One thing i really enjoy about watching Carew play is his commitment to his team players, very positive player.

Carew is awesome. At the moment, he and Milner are our best players by some distance.

Considering he's missed about a third of the season, he still has 13 goals, not bad for someone who isn't an out and out goalscorer.

So we have a chance of knocking you over on the last day of the season?

So we have a chance of knocking you over on the last day of the season?

We're quite clearly not going to keep a clean sheet again this season, so you have every chance.

But hes right though, Juve needed 3 points from this to move closer, Inter had full controll of them in 91 minutes and then they score on overtime to get a draw at home and they celebrate, just a lack of ambition if you ask me.

Talked to a Juve mate of mine and he said just the same, fucking shambolic that they celebrated like, didnt even put up a show, they just lay down and took it.

Mourinho is legend when it comes to talking down on others  :lol:

It's lack of ambition to celebrate a last minute equaliser? Jesus wept.

But hes right though, Juve needed 3 points from this to move closer, Inter had full controll of them in 91 minutes and then they score on overtime to get a draw at home and they celebrate, just a lack of ambition if you ask me.

Talked to a Juve mate of mine and he said just the same, f***ing shambolic that they celebrated like, didnt even put up a show, they just lay down and took it.

Theyre pretty much celebrating how crap they are compared to inter in this situation. Not exactly high expectations is it

Haha good stuff Towelie  :lol:

Also re: Uefa cup places - why do teams start the season looking to finish in the top 6/7.... and then at the end of the season when there's still a UEFA Cup spot up for grabs, why does the mentality turn into "well we'd like to end the season strongly, it would be nice to get that spot"? I mean ffs, there's a route into Europe in front of them and no-one seemingly wants it.

Also re: Uefa cup places - why do teams start the season looking to finish in the top 6/7.... and then at the end of the season when there's still a UEFA Cup spot up for grabs, why does the mentality turn into "well we'd like to end the season strongly, it would be nice to get that spot"? I mean ffs, there's a route into Europe in front of them and no-one seemingly wants it.

I think that they obviously still do want it, but you must have noticed the same as I have just how toned down everyone tries to be in football. Nobody wants to put their neck on the line and make a statement saying 'We WILL do this' incase it backfires. Maybe it eases the stress on the players as well? It could be more damaging to aim for europe and miss rather than go for a strong league finish and just fall short.

It's all bollocks anyway, the UEFA allocations for europe this season seem a bit all over the shop. 'Europa' my arse.

I think that they obviously still do want it, but you must have noticed the same as I have just how toned down everyone tries to be in football. Nobody wants to put their neck on the line and make a statement saying 'We WILL do this' incase it backfires. Maybe it eases the stress on the players as well? It could be more damaging to aim for europe and miss rather than go for a strong league finish and just fall short.

It's all bollocks anyway, the UEFA allocations for europe this season seem a bit all over the shop. 'Europa' my arse.

Perhaps there is a bit of the whole "not wanting to be arrogant" feeling, but there's a difference between that, and optimism. No-one afaik has even said "we're gonna go for it", or least inferred that Europe is a target. It seems strange.

Guest Heneage

My childhood friend scored after 2 minutes in his debut for my team here in Sweden :celb:

Was it a good goal? Which team was it?

Talked to a Juve mate of mine and he said just the same, f***ing shambolic that they celebrated like, didnt even put up a show, they just lay down and took it.

Theyre pretty much celebrating how crap they are compared to inter in this situation. Not exactly high expectations is it

So you expect them to not celebrate? :D

Guest Heneage

So you expect them to not celebrate? :D

I can't wait till Mourinho leaves for Man Utd.

Mattis mate.

"The title's home" Funny, before your last title in 06-07 it had been away from "Home" for 16 years.

You've chuffed more money on useless talent like Adriano and Recoba than I care to think about, we are only our 2nd season back after losing most of our squad, the fact we even challenge says it all.

As for celebrating a goal, thats just daft, who doesn't celebrate a goal.  :doh:

SAF clearly prioritising the CL and PL.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill, Saha

Man Utd: Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Macheda

Despite Man Utd's weakened team, I have an awful feeling Rio and Vidic will have a strong, solid game, and that Tevez and Park's sheer industry (and canny bit of quality) will see them through. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think the pitch at Wembley will be a great leveller and help Everton to get the result as they're one of the hardest working teams in the Prem.