The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

not scrapping it out at all. He decided to have a dig at spurs lacking realism which is fine, but then in the next sentence he makes these ridiculous predictions about his own club, thus lacking in the realism he keeps talking about.

I think personally we should ignore the fact that the Championship has a league in which half the teams could win it let alone get promoted, and is entirely unpredictable. But ssssshhhh, don't tell that to people. Watford are just as likely to reach the playoffs as Crystsl Palace and Derby.

This is the thing, the Championship is completely unpredictable, there is no 'top 4', anyone can finish anywhere. We're probably as likely to be battling relegation as going for automatic promotion. But I honestly believe we have the makings of a squad and club structure that can challenge for the play-offs/finish in the top 10. I'm also more than happy to donate £10 to a charity of your choosing if we finish below Wednesday next season.

Guest kingdawson

not scrapping it out at all. He decided to have a dig at spurs lacking realism which is fine, but then in the next sentence he makes these ridiculous predictions about his own club, thus lacking in the realism he keeps talking about.

I think personally we should ignore the fact that the Championship has a league in which half the teams could win it let alone get promoted, and is entirely unpredictable. But ssssshhhh, don't tell that to people. Watford are just as likely to reach the playoffs as Crystsl Palace and Derby.

This is the thing, the Championship is completely unpredictable, there is no 'top 4', anyone can finish anywhere. We're probably as likely to be battling relegation as going for automatic promotion. But I honestly believe we have the makings of a squad and club structure that can challenge for the play-offs/finish in the top 10. I'm also more than happy to donate £10 to a charity of your choosing if we finish below Wednesday next season.

The 'Kingdawson is broke' trust fund is my choice.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba.

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi.

Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Sylvinho, Hleb, Pedro.

Henry's out for Barca. Anelka starts for Chelsea and Cole returns, but otherwise the same lineup as last week. Busquets is also in; I'm assuming he'll play in CM and Toure drops back to CB or Keita plays DM and Iniesta takes Henry's place and Busquets drops into the CM role.

Edit: Bolded to make it easier to read.

Easy to say in hindsight.

I think even at the time it was well documented that Souness wanted Anelka & Boa Morte, but someone else in the club wanted Owen & Luque. To be fair I don't remember too many complaints at the time.

Thought he wanted Luque (suggested to him by a mate) and Anelka to create a 4-3-3 (the same reason Parker and Emre were bought) but Freddy went out, got Owen and so that plan went.