The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

15 points should do it. so thats wins againt sunderland, pompey and boro. one win out of fulham/everton and sneak a few draws against out of the WBA, bolton, stoke, hull and arsenal games. its do-able, but im still not optimistic

Incidentally, I'd like to tip my hat to Zat Knight, who was superb yet again this evening.

yet more evidence of very very good coaching.

fuck knows where some of our players with potential that we have had would be now if we'd had a good coachin team.

Got to feel bad for Portsmouth. They have been so much better than Villa.

Pennant doesn't get enough credit as a footballer. So much better than the likes of Lennon and Milner.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Do you actually judge players by what they do on the pitch or what their ratings are on the latest FIFA games.

Pennant is far better than those two believe me. Hey but you rate Jermaine Jenas but not Palacios so it's not surprising really.

Pennant doesn't get enough credit as a footballer. So much better than the likes of Lennon and Milner.

Being fair KD, he was good tonight I thought, I don't rate the two mentioned either really.

I think it's time to put a bid in for Kranjcar.

Have you seen Lennon this season? he's been immense. When Kaka says that Pennant is a better "footballer" then him, i somewhat see his point (altough i completely disagree with it), but his point becomes void when he also states that he's also a better "footballer" then Milner.

By using the term footballer, i assumed he was basing his judgement on technique alone but then Milner is twice the player Pennant is, when it comes to that.

I am now 100% convinced you don't even watch football games.

Milner better technique than Jermaine Pennant.

God have mercy on you for such profanity!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a shcocking statement.

Guest kingdawson

Do you actually judge players by what they do on the pitch or what their ratings are on the latest FIFA games.

Pennant is far better than those two believe me. Hey but you rate Jermaine Jenas but not Palacios so it's not surprising really.

Sorry where did i say i didn't rate Palacios? or did i actually say that we should be looking for natural dm's and box to box midfielders isn't what we actually need right now? shows how much credibility you have when you decide to lie about things to prove your point imo.

Ermmmmmmmm Sorry, what the fuck has Pennant done on the pitch to considered better then the other 2 by your wise self please?

Being fair KD, he was good tonight I thought, I don't rate the two mentioned either really.

Have you seen Lennon this season? he's been immense. When Kaka says that Pennant is a better "footballer" then him, i somewhat see his point (altough i completely disagree with it), but his point becomes void when he also states that he's also a better "footballer" then Milner.

By using the term footballer, i assumed he was basing his judgement on technique alone but then Milner is twice the player Pennant is, when it comes to that.

Milner has been superb the last 3 or 4 games for us. Read into that what you will.

Guest kingdawson

Im 100% sure i watch far more football then you, that's for sure.

Guest kingdawson

Milner has been superb the last 3 or 4 games for us. Read into that what you will.

Lennon has been superb for us this whole season but Kaka says we need to "watch what they do on the field" instead of playing Fifa. Going by the FACT that Pennant has done diddly squat for a long time now, im pretty sure Kaka is playing Fifa right now.

its called good coaching.

fwiw, i also believe pennant is a superior player to lennon and milner.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Lennon has been superb for us this whole season but Kaka says we need to "watch what they do on the field" instead of playing Fifa. Going by the FACT that Pennant has done diddly squat for a long time now, im pretty sure Kaka is playing Fifa right now.

Why has this guy not been banned? He's dumb, a Spurs fan, and uses phrases like "diddly squat".

Sorry where did i say i didn't rate Palacios? or did i actually say that we should be looking for natural dm's and box to box midfielders isn't what we actually need right now? shows how much credibility you have when you decide to lie about things to prove your point imo.

Ermmmmmmmm Sorry, what the f*** has Pennant done on the pitch to considered better then the other 2 by your wise self please?

Pennant's touch, ability to go past players as well as his delivery of a final ball are 1 million times better than Milner in every way shape and form. He is also a lot smarter in his decision making and movement. He is very good. His stupidity off the pitch has pretty much done him in though as the first thought about pennant usually has nothing to with football. Football first is still on. go and watch Pennant again and compare what he does to what Milner does  over the whole game. No contest. You really must be kidding me.

Lennon is just amazingly fast, which is a great asset, but he favours his right foot so much it's untrue and his delivery is shocking. He's blazing fast and has good close control and that will cover up a lot of sins particularly against lesser opponents.

I believe you said Palacios was nothing special and was a box to box guy that didn't score enough goals. If I'm wrong about that I take it back, but I'm pretty sure you weren't that impressed by the signing.

You're probably right.

I'm backing Tony Adams to get the best out of him.

:lol: :lol:

i meant its testament to your coach's the form of the like sof milner and knight.

Hey that's great but he isn't better than Pennant.

You're probably right.

i meant its testament to your coach's the form of the like sof milner and knight.

I know, I was just having a cheap dig at Tony Adams. I preferred him when he was on the sauce.

You're probably right.

I know, I was just having a cheap dig at Tony Adams. I preferred him when he was on the sauce.

he would probably be a better coach on it as well tbh.

Hey that's great but he isn't better than Pennant.

[/quote

Was it you who wanted us to replace Milner with Routledge?

You're probably right.

he would probably be a better coach on it as well tbh.

I reckon we may find out by the end of the season

KD let me be very honest with you. You seem to take things too personally and feel this need to be super loyal to anything Tottenham which is cool up to a certain point.

I'm not saying Lennon is useless and neither am I saying he hasn't been good for you. Pennant has had his issues but when he is actually on that pitch playing he is better than both Lennon and Milner in my opinion and has far more to his game than both.

I support Newcastle United right, but I wouldn't argue that Nicky Butt was half decent because he's shit. So is Alan Smith, so is Duff ,etc etc. Facts are facts.

KD let me be very honest with you. You seem to take things too personally and feel this need to be super loyal to anything Tottenham which is cool up to a certain point.

I'm not saying Lennon is useless and neither am I saying he hasn't been good for you. Pennant has had his issues but when he is actually on that pitch playing he is better than both Lennon and Milner in my opinion and has far more to his game than both.

I support Newcastle United right, but I wouldn't argue that Nicky Butt was half decent because he's s***. So is Alan Smith, so is Duff ,etc etc. Facts are facts.

Except Jermaine Pennant is s***.

Pennant is getting way too much credit here. He's a 26 year old footballer who accomplished literally nothing in his career. Despite being "better" than Lennon and Milner he has done a significant amount less than these younger players.

Couldn't break into the Arsenal and Liverpool teams. His mistake was not moving to a club where he could play more regularly.

Did you see his performances whle he was at Birmingham? Earned him a move to Liverpool.

Have you seen who has shown interest in him this window.

You guys talk about achievements etc. I am making judgements on what I see these players produce on the pitch. Pennant is of far greater quality than Lennon and Milner.