Kinnear hopes for cash boost

Dave

I'm not trying to be a Xisco fanboy or any of that sorta thing, but i think the treatment of the guy is shoddy as fuck tbh. Pitiful man-management from where this is concerned. I'm not even making assumptions there either; we know for a fact Kinnear doesn't like communicating (or even trying to, it seems) with the lad, he's said so himself, thanks to the language barrier. It's a load of utter toss, woeful man-management. It's why he's spent his career signing British cloggers.

If he's struggling in training, why aren't you driving him on, Joe? Give him something to aim for aswell, for fuck's sake - give the lad some game-time. "There's Ameobi then Carroll, and no one else - no more strikers." Get a grip man; you can tell that was intentional.

Like i say i'm not trying to be a fanboy and in all honesty i don't have a clue how good he is. But funnily enough, given our other La Liga imports this summer, i trust Wise etc if they thought he was worth spending £6m on.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not trying to be a Xisco fanboy or any of that sorta thing, but i think the treatment of the guy is shoddy as f*** tbh. Pitiful man-management from where this is concerned. I'm not even making assumptions there either; we know for a fact Kinnear doesn't like communicating (or even trying to, it seems) with the lad, he's said so himself, thanks to the language barrier. It's a load of utter toss, woeful man-management. It's why he's spent his career signing British cloggers.

If he's struggling in training, why aren't you driving him on, Joe? Give him something to aim for aswell, for f***'s sake - give the lad some game-time. "There's Ameobi then Carroll, and no one else - no more strikers." Get a grip man; you can tell that was intentional.

Like i say i'm not trying to be a fanboy and in all honesty i don't have a clue how good he is. But funnily enough, given our other La Liga imports this summer, i trust Wise etc if they thought he was worth spending £6m on.

How can it be shoddy? Kinnear's job is to keep us up and we are simply in too much of a grave situation to give some kid basically from another country a game, not when we have one or more of Owen, Viduka, Shola and Martins to choose from and even Carrol who has more experience and know how and for all we know, maybe even more talent.

If I'm the manager and my team needs goals and some physical edge up front, some Premier League know how,I'm not going to ignore Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi and Carrol for some young Spanish striker who is untested, lacks a physical edge and simply couldn't be relied on to score goals. That would be insane.

As for game time no match to my mind has ever required his services other than yesterday perhaps where there was nothing to lose by throwing him in. How's he doing for the reserves by the way?

Doesn't even play for the reserves, which is half my point. That arguments toss btw. Bringing Carroll or Shola on will get us nowhere when we know they're shit. Xisco might be quality and might really go for it given the chance. Hey ho, though. Would much rather see some true Geordie grit, cos that's what it's all about.

Someone at the club felt Xisco was worth more than £5m, and yet our manager almost refuses to acknowledge his existence.

I wish everyone pointing out the success of bringing in Bassong would accept this is where the system fails. The bargain that is Bassong is easily outweighed by the waste of money and wages spent on Xisco.

Someone at the club felt Xisco was worth more than £5m, and yet our manager almost refuses to acknowledge his existence.

I wish everyone pointing out the success of bringing in Bassong would accept this is where the system fails. The bargain that is Bassong is easily outweighed by the waste of money and wages spent on Xisco.

Sadly, someone will tell you that Keegan forced them into a rushed decision

Disagree. The system fails when the two parties, allegedly working together to move the club forward, conflict - which is what happened and why we're in this mess. It's not the system's fault... Wise's job is to bring in young and talented players, and given Xisco's record i'd put him in that category. It's individuals and their agendas that make the system fail, and as much as i love the guy, Keegan is one half of this problem.

The system works. :pow:

I don't expect you to get into an argument with me over this, btw, and i don't blame you - it's been done to death.

How does it fail? If you read the interview with Xisco he says that he met Keegan and was won over by his plans for the club or something along those lines, so unless Xisco is lying about what was said or Keegan was lying to get him here even though he didn't want him then it's fair to say that he would have been more involved had Keegan stayed.

If a new manager comes in and just doesn't acknowledge him for whatever reason then it doesn't matter who bought him, whether it was the DOF, chairman or previous manager.

I'm not really going to write someone off as a fundamentally bad signing because Kinnear doesn't rate them.

Guest The Libertine

enrique cost plenty and was days away from being legally dead before he appeared in the metro centre eating ice cream.

If he's worth £5m it's difficult to understand any manager not even giving him a go. I'm not sure I believe that Keegan wanted him.

The point is the manager should be living and dying by his judgements on players. The club shouldn't be bringing them in on his behalf then telling him 'there you go'.

If he's worth £5m it's difficult to understand any manager not even giving him a go. I'm not sure I believe that Keegan wanted him.

The point is the manager should be living and dying by his judgements on players. The club shouldn't be bringing them in on his behalf then telling him 'there you go'.

Same thing happened to Enrique last season.

Keegan made a point about needing defenders who could go forward at some point. Given his praise of Beye, it could only have been aimed at Enrique. He clearly didn't rate him like

There's still £12m in the coffers from the sale of James Milner. I reckon that's what JK will have to spend in January

how do you work that out ? is it written somewhere that transfers fees in coming can only be used to finance other transfers ?

And Allardyce looked fucking stupid because of it.

And Allardyce looked fucking stupid because of it.

In fairness, most things make Allardyce look pretty stupid.

And Allardyce looked f***ing stupid because of it.

But people gave Enrique the benefit of the doubt whilst everyone seems really keen to write Xisco off. If he hadn't been bought by Wise/Jimenez/Vetere/Whoever is not Keegan I don't think people would be so quick to do so. We all know Kinnear isn't the best judge of anything to do with football.

Just reading the JK comments on the Sky Sports web site and he says the sort of money to be made available to him hasnt been made clear yet. As its the 29th of December, isnt it about time they had this kind of thing was sorted out ?

I also thought I heard Joe say the other day, that they had spoken to 4 players about signing them but were waiting for responses. How can they do that if they dont know how much Mike is going to give out to spend ? Unless they are just loaners

:undecided:

I'm not really going to write someone off as a fundamentally bad signing because Kinnear doesn't rate them.

It's clearly personal with Kinnear and Xisco tbh.

Openly said that he teared into him after the Blackburn game despite there being many more underperforming players on the pitch.

And the fact that he rates Ameobi and Andy f***ing Carroll more than him  :lol:

give me a f***ing break you fat irish c***

It's clearly personal with Kinnear and Xisco tbh.

Openly said that he teared into him after the Blackburn game despite there being many more underperforming players on the pitch.

And the fact that he rates Ameobi and Andy f***ing Carroll more than him  :lol:

give me a f***ing break you fat irish c***

His comments where he openly talked about how he wanted to sell Enrique was disgusting as well. Man's an idiot.

There's still £12m in the coffers from the sale of James Milner. I reckon that's what JK will have to spend in January

how do you work that out ? is it written somewhere that transfers fees in coming can only be used to finance other transfers ?

It was something to do with the fact that the club said the money raised from the sale of James Milner would be reinvested in new players.

Just reading the JK comments on the Sky Sports web site and he says the sort of money to be made available to him hasnt been made clear yet. As its the 29th of December, isnt it about time they had this kind of thing was sorted out ?

I also thought I heard Joe say the other day, that they had spoken to 4 players about signing them but were waiting for responses. How can they do that if they dont know how much Mike is going to give out to spend ? Unless they are just loaners

:undecided:

i'd very much doubt there is an absolute figure anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was something to do with the fact that the club said the money raised from the sale of James Milner would be reinvested in new players.

It was reinvested in Xisco. Not fully but partially!