Liverpool pathetic fans

Guest BooBoo

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

We can critisise them whenever we like. They're two totally different issues.

Yeah, one of them has something to do with us, one of them has nothing to do with us.

Far more important things to worry about (IMO anyway)

Its laughable really, that the folk sitting at home behind their computers think it right to lord it over those who actually shelled out to support the team.

I don't have any right to lord about anyone to be honest. We (My family) has not so much money and didn't want to let myself alone to the Toon as far as I'm not 16, but with my collected money it should be possible to fly one week to Newcastle in March/April. I'm a Newcastle Supporter since around 5-6 years, it's not that easy if you are living in Germany to get on Newcastle. Of course at the beginng I less cared but then even more and more I found my fever for a club thouthand miles away which hasn't won anything in the last years. Who cares?. Since along time ago I have followed (nearly / more than alot) all Newcastle matches first in Internet streams, later on f**king expensive Pay-TV. Sitting here and be trusty to a club like Newcastle is not that easy from some thouthand miles away. I could like all the others here support one of the Big 4 and not make myself look like a clown standing with my Newcastle scarf on the school floor. No matter of results or whatever, me, and more then alot of other people follow this club too with a really passion from other countrys, theres just no other possiblity. Are we then less worth supporters? Of course we are not the same as someone who has a season ticket singing in St James Park, like we all from different countrys would more or less love to do. I'm not the same as you as a seaon ticket holder, I even wasn't at Newcastle. But I think that I'm still a toon supporter over years like you even just before my PC, in School or in Forums like this, I do not help the team in stadium, but you don't have to blame us and we are not any less worth only because we were born and raised at the wrong places... I wish you all the best of nights!

Brilliant post. I'm in the same position as you. I pay out of my own pocket for the expensive tv station which holds the PL rights in my country, because my father is a spurs fan and a cheap jew in spirit. And i've done that for some time, even as a poor student.

I've never been to SJP, ive only been to England once and saw our team play away. We lost 6-0. But I wish i was able to be at St. James' at every match. If I could, i would, and i would stand and support as much as possible, because I dont bring shrimp-sandwiches to football games.

One day I'll travel to Newcastle and finally see the stadium and the great atmosphere, hopefully times are good then. And If I play my cards right I will be a proud owner of NUFC season ticket one day.

So think about what you are writing when you are criticising over-seas fans.

This is all such old hat - NUFC fans out-sung them at Wembley in 74(before many on here were born..),did it again at Anfield in 84 during the famous KK return FA Cup game, and have done so on other occasions - and WHAT, pray, were the results? We LOST these games heavily ; 3-0 in 74 when we hardly had a shot at their goal although we had, on paper, a much better team than we have today and didn't perform on the day...

we lost 4-0 in the FA Cup game and KK decided to retire, but we were a Div 2 side on the way to promotion.

Yesterday, we were totally outclassed , as were were when they came to SJP in 1998 for Ruud Gullit's debut as manager and some clowns were wearing Gullit wigs and chanting about 'Sexy Football'...except that the sexy football came from them as one M.Owen scored a hat-trick and we lost 4-1...

I am sick and tired of these grasping at straws excuses about their 'crap fans' and how good NUFC fans are...the Scousers won't give a toss how dominated their fans were OFF the pitch, because, as ever, trophies and points are won ON the pitch and as a club which has beaten NUFC hands down for professionalism over decades, they will just laugh because they are the ones being successful and NUFC are, as ever, the boobies....Nice feeling when you face the truth, isn't it !??

I haven't read this thread but; I have long had no respect for Liverpool fans, from being chased as a kid when we got turned over in the the Friday night BBC FA Cup game, to being in their end at Wembley when they lost 2-1 to Arsenal in the Littlewoods Cup and they laughed as they would just win something else, to again being chased at KK testimonial game at SJP after trying to help some fans when they were lost & yday just about took the biscuit. The vast majority of their fans did not applaud SBR yet we still found time to applaud SG off the pitch. SBR deserved better from them.

They are a disgrace. I could go on but I'll not. I feel for the proper folk down there; as they are living amid a sea of scum.

:lol:

This is golden. Fwiw, I cant really hear much from the singing section in the gallowgate and i thought the gallowgate was the best part of the ground for atmosphere yesterday. Other observations;

People who complain about people not agreeing with their complaints about opposition supporters by saying that 'at least i go to games' are in need of mental help.

Liverpool fans were basically not arsed about routinely swatting away a bottom half club.

Guest Geordiesned

Its probably harder to support and motivate a team when they are pulverizing the opposition.   If it was more of a contest im certain they would of been better.

I can understand what your trying to achieve as its been a pretty shit day, but your attentions should be on our club for now.  Because we arent up there with them and majority believe we should be, its natural to be jealous and want to knock them for something.

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum.

I go to a couple of games a season, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my financial situation. Its easier for locals like you to go to games when all you have to pay for is your ticket and maybe the metro or whatever. People like me not from the area have to pay for travel to the airport, flights, hotel, food etc before buying our ticket and thats my point. It is easy for locals to make statements to foreign fans about going or not going to games when the stadium is a matter of minutes away from them.

Maybe said fans should support their local team, then?

I go to a couple of games a season, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my financial situation. Its easier for locals like you to go to games when all you have to pay for is your ticket and maybe the metro or whatever. People like me not from the area have to pay for travel to the airport, flights, hotel, food etc before buying our ticket and thats my point. It is easy for locals to make statements to foreign fans about going or not going to games when the stadium is a matter of minutes away from them.

Don't start.

Don't start.

I thought it was a good point. I've got no problem with fans not supporting their local team but f***ing hell when they put the sob story on it does my tits in.

Its laughable really, that the folk sitting at home behind their computers think it right to lord it over those who actually shelled out to support the team.

I don't have any right to lord about anyone to be honest. We (My family) has not so much money and didn't want to let myself alone to the Toon as far as I'm not 16, but with my collected money it should be possible to fly one week to Newcastle in March/April. I'm a Newcastle Supporter since around 5-6 years, it's not that easy if you are living in Germany to get on Newcastle. Of course at the beginng I less cared but then even more and more I found my fever for a club thouthand miles away which hasn't won anything in the last years. Who cares?. Since along time ago I have followed (nearly / more than alot) all Newcastle matches first in Internet streams, later on f**king expensive Pay-TV. Sitting here and be trusty to a club like Newcastle is not that easy from some thouthand miles away. I could like all the others here support one of the Big 4 and not make myself look like a clown standing with my Newcastle scarf on the school floor. No matter of results or whatever, me, and more then alot of other people follow this club too with a really passion from other countrys, theres just no other possiblity. Are we then less worth supporters? Of course we are not the same as someone who has a season ticket singing in St James Park, like we all from different countrys would more or less love to do. I'm not the same as you as a seaon ticket holder, I even wasn't at Newcastle. But I think that I'm still a toon supporter over years like you even just before my PC, in School or in Forums like this, I do not help the team in stadium, but you don't have to blame us and we are not any less worth only because we were born and raised at the wrong places... I wish you all the best of nights!

Brilliant post. I'm in the same position as you. I pay out of my own pocket for the expensive tv station which holds the PL rights in my country, because my father is a spurs fan and a cheap jew in spirit. And i've done that for some time, even as a poor student.

I've never been to SJP, ive only been to England once and saw our team play away. We lost 6-0. But I wish i was able to be at St. James' at every match. If I could, i would, and i would stand and support as much as possible, because I dont bring shrimp-sandwiches to football games.

One day I'll travel to Newcastle and finally see the stadium and the great atmosphere, hopefully times are good then. And If I play my cards right I will be a proud owner of NUFC season ticket one day.

So think about what you are writing when you are criticising over-seas fans.

Nice one mate.

It's shite mind.

We are only going on about this because we were totally outclassed by them on the pitch, which can be seen as a sad state of affairs having the only thing going for us is our outsinging of them, however I personally don't give a fuck, and was proud that our support was in top voice yesterday as it's the only thing I can take away from the game.

We are only going on about this because we were totally outclassed by them on the pitch, which can be seen as a sad state of affairs having the only thing going for us is our outsinging of them, however I personally don't give a f***, and was proud that our support was in top voice yesterday as it's the only thing I can take away from the game.

it wasn't all game and i heard a good deal from them.. they were a lot more vocal than they had been in the past and seemed to have a few songs that were original and unique to them instead of the boring generic stuff we often do at home.

When we're beating Liverpool on the pitch we can start criticising their supporters.

Really never understood this criticism of away fans thing, it's not as if their play suffered as a result yesterday.

I think its as a result of for years away fans having a go at home fans for their shit support "Your supposed to be at home!" etc. etc.

Now, it has got to the point where home atmospheres everywhere are pretty shit that a teams away fans are the yardstick for how good their support is.

Liverpools were shit, that is why they are being critisized.

what i do is i support newcastle, but i have been to all the other local teams and cheer them on (but not when playing us) and make a conscious effort regarding their results. yesterday i went to see Gillingham v Wycombe, and ive been to see fulham a few times not playing us, watford, millwall and palace. seeing charlton next week. then i see one game at SJP per season and all the london away games if possible.

what i do is i support newcastle, but i have been to all the other local teams and cheer them on (but not when playing us) and make a conscious effort regarding their results. yesterday i went to see Gillingham v Wycombe, and ive been to see fulham a few times not playing us, watford, millwall and palace. seeing charlton next week. then i see one game at SJP per season and all the london away games if possible.

Is that in the right thread?

Don't start.

I thought it was a good point. I've got no problem with fans not supporting their local team but f***ing hell when they put the sob story on it does my tits in.

How is money a sob story? Are we supposed to spend money we cant afford for the sake of a football team? Life is more than that.

I am reminded of the time I stood in the Smethwick Road end at WBA a few years ago with the Liverpool away fans. I have lived in the midlands for years now and a local lad who supported Liverpool talked me into going with him.

Despite his Liverpool scarf his midland accent was not appreciated by his fellow Liverpool fans one of whom he had an altercation with. He got duffed up to the chant from the crowd of "Kill the Sheep" (a reference to being a "woolyback" as they say in scouseland for not belonging).

I often think about that episode as he was the typical gloryhunter type of fan that Man U and Liverpool have legions of and it showed to me the low opinion the scouse fans had of that section of their support.

I dont think we are in a position to take the piss out of anything to do with Liverpool at the moment so this thread just makes us look a bit pathetic.

Is that in the right thread?

people were slagging NUFC fans from long distances, saying why dont they support local teams etc a minute ago

Guest rebel_yell12

The Juve fans standing with their backs to them middle finger raised is one of the funniest things i've seen in years.

Yeah I remember that. I remember how in the week before the away leg they were doing the typical Liverpool thing begging for forgiveness, etc. for the Heysel disaster, and yet still boycott The Sun for the Hillsborough incident.

I'm fairly sure you and I agree on most issues, mate -- and I normally find you quite reasonable.  I reminded myself of these facts before replying to this -- hoping that I'm misreading your intent here.  One of my earliest clear football-related memories is of "the Hillsborough incident".  As a Liverpool fan, I find your reference here to be specious at best, and plainly offensive at worst.  Say what you like about the support of recent years (my family says it's progressively more sh***, except on CL nights, etc.)  but the issue about the coverage in that paper isn't about the support being poor (ie not singing, increasingly plastic) but about something else entirely.  If you can't understand that, fine, but please don't bring it up and denigrate the issue so carelessly.  I don't think it's wrong to "beg forgiveness" re: Heysel (as the fans were at fault, iirc) but I think the issue re: Hillsborough is different -- the oversold section was not the crowd's fault, nor was the failure to open the other/side sections their fault -- and the Sun's "coverage" afterwards was libelous (had it been an individual), to say the least.  I don't want to rant, so I'll leave it at that.

For the sake of full disclosure, I think it's fair to criticise the apparent belief that Liverpool fans are "among the best" in football -- some are, no doubt, but too many aren't.  I admit I am occasionally embarrassed to be supporting the same club as quite a few of them.  But it's in my blood and no matter how much a shambles it sometimes seems, a fan (unlike the players) can never leave the club behind.  I think you lot here in Newcastle can understand that -- though I think the problem here is definitely more the club/hierarchy than the fans.

The Sun's coverage post-Hillsborough was awful because it's clear to anyone who was unfortunate enough to see pictures from the stadium what McKenzie claimed happened in the aftermath is simply untrue. However, the causes are varied and shouldn't cast a shadow over the fanbase of one such club.

I have no doubt that Liverpool are one of the better sets of fans in the country, simply because it comes with the territory of being a big club. I don't think anyone believes they're as good as we're told. That is a creation of the media, who harp on about those "Magical European Nights" and "The Kop".

Cracking staring post tbh. The "Singing Section" humiliated them today as did other sections of the crowd such as The Gallowgate. 5-1 and they were still outsung, they certaintly are now better than the "Unaated" fans imo, if anything they are worse...

Couldn't agree more. A big thanks to the person that started this thread. I looked for comments to this effect on the the toon ultras website and was very disappointed to find none. Great performance from the Leazes Corner, Strawberry Corner, Gallowgate and even other sections of the ground.

Its probably harder to support and motivate a team when they are pulverizing the opposition.  If it was more of a contest im certain they would of been better.

I can understand what your trying to achieve as its been a pretty s*** day, but your attentions should be on our club for now.  Because we arent up there with them and majority believe we should be, its natural to be jealous and want to knock them for something.

Honestly. This is nothing to do with jealousy. You will never hear our away support quiet for 30 minutes straight at the start of a game and then not much louder after going ahead. They're top of the bloody league mate. Think about it. They should have been going mental.