Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

I think that's the point - the campaign/banner has the aim of "pressuring" him into lowering what he considers a good price on the basis that he doesn't get any "joy" out of staying.

Brilliant plan, Baldrick.

"nowt to fear from a change at the top"

So NJS's way of moving the club forward is to find someone rich willing to pump loads of their own money into the club on players.

Easy when you put it like that.

It's worked elsewhere (and you could argue here with Hall) - is there a fundamental reason why it can't work here?

If you say "credit crunch" or some variation then can you tell me there are no more people rich enough, with non-diminished assets, or should I point a few out? Admittedly none of them have expressed any interest but theres nothing to stop them doing so.

So NJS's way of moving the club forward is to find someone rich willing to pump loads of their own money into the club on players.

It's worked elsewhere (and you could argue here with Hall) - is there a fundamental reason why it can't work here?

If you say "credit crunch" or some variation then can you tell me there are no more people rich enough, with non-diminished assets, or should I point a few out? Admittedly none of them have expressed any interest but theres nothing to stop them doing so.

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I'm just laughing at how simple you think it would be even though we were up for sale and nobody snapped us up.

It's like saying that all you have to do to get that new house is to win the lottery, easier said than done.

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I'm just laughing at how simple you think it would be even though we were up for sale and nobody snapped us up.

It's like saying that all you have to do to get that new house is to win the lottery, easier said than done.

I was asked how Ashley should have done it or how I would have done if I'd had his money - this is more retrospective that speculative.

I've never understood why when told he had to pay £50m off he paid the lot off - as I said he should have realised (imo) that the other £50m or whatever would have been better spent on players.

I have £70k left on my mortgage - if somebody gave me that exact amount I wouldn't pay it off as paying it through work isn't a problem - I'd probably clear some of it and spend the rest on a few luxuries and a fuck off holiday - I don't see why that analogy doesn't apply.

In fact the money I would "waste" in a football sense I could get back so having fun gambling it would be closer.

no, all you need, according to you, is a Director of Football

I don't remember saying that, I did say setting up a good scouting network and looking to improve our academy would help us progress in the long run though.

Perhaps you could tell us what you would have done if you were Ashley when he took over, don't forget to take into account the club lost over £30 million in 2007 and had large debts at the time.

Well, I've got better things to do than go muck raking around your old posts - like you do, and did yesterday re HTT - but you always said that a DOF was the way to go and you also said that he would be a permanent fixture, retaining continuity when the manager was changed because the clubs buying system would largely be unchanged and remain consistent. Hence, "the way forward", "plan" and all the other bollocks. Then i said it was or should be nothing but a glorified scout ........ this is the first time you have mentioned a DOF in terms of being  a glorified scout.

As for being in debt, what I wouldn't have done under any circumstances is appoint a DOF to undermine his own appointed manager and not back his club in the transfer market. By the way, the top 4 are 1.5bn in debt, do you see their supporters are all up in arms saying they would rather be solvent than winning trophies

Don't go hoying your toys out of the pram again though, like you criticise Keegan for doing.

I don't remember saying that, I did say setting up a good scouting network and looking to improve our academy would help us progress in the long run though.

Perhaps you could tell us what you would have done if you were Ashley when he took over, don't forget to take into account the club lost over £30 million in 2007 and had large debts at the time.

Well, I've got better things to do than go muck raking around your old posts - like you do, and did yesterday re HTT - but you always said that a DOF was the way to go and you also said that he would be a permanent fixture, retaining continuity when the manager was changed because the clubs buying system would largely be unchanged and remain consistent. Hence, "the way forward", "plan" and all the other bollocks. Then i said it was or should be nothing but a glorified scout ........ this is the first time you have mentioned a DOF in terms of being  a glorified scout.

As for being in debt, what I wouldn't have done under any circumstances is appoint a DOF to undermine his own appointed manager and not back his club in the transfer market. By the way, the top 4 are 1.5bn in debt, do you see their supporters are all up in arms saying they would rather be solvent than winning trophies

Don't go hoying your toys out of the pram again though, like you criticise Keegan for doing.

Funny that you claim that being in debt is ok yet the other week on toontastic that half of the premiership teams were on thin ice regarding finances, do you include us in that and do you think we would be alright in the current climate if we were a PLC?

As for a DOF, I've said in the very beginning that the manager should have the final say on transfers but the club also needs a scouting network and the youth system to have a dramatic makeover, unless you think it's acceptable to have one scout at the club and Ameobi being one of best player to come through the academy in the past decade?

The club does need a long term plan on how it was going to turn around financial mess that it was in, unless you think we can operate with a £100 million of debt, a loss of over £30 million in 2007 and still spend money to compete with the big boys.

Funny that you claim that being in debt is ok yet the other week on toontastic that half of the premiership teams were on thin ice regarding finances, do you include us in that and do you think we would be alright in the current climate if we were a PLC?

As for a DOF, I've said in the very beginning that the manager should have the final say on transfers

no you didn't you said the DOF should be part of the permenant management team who appoints the managers and is outside his own choice of recruitment and scouting teams.

As for a DOF, I've said in the very beginning that the manager should have the final say on transfers

no you didn't you said the DOF should be part of the permenant management team who appoints the managers and is outside his own choice of recruitment and scouting teams.

What I said was that the DOF should be in charge of the scouts and the academy so when the manager leaves everything else is still in place, that way we're not in the position we were when Shepherd sacked Robson in that his scouts and everyone goes, leaving Roeder with one scout at the entire club.

This is what I said btw.

"I agree with you, the manager is the most important thing when it comes to how well the first team does, however football is bigger business than it's ever been and for me the running of a club is far too big for one man anymore.

I was a fan of when Arnesen went to Spurs and brought in unknown (to me anyway) but long term you should let your manager run the playing side how he wants which is basically tactics and the players he wants for his first team, the problem is now is that you've other things involved now such as the youth academy, scouting, medical, contracts and concluding transfers etc which is too much IMO for one man, Wenger has said as much by wanting to appoint a DOF and Allardyce has commented on how he's spent little time on the training pitch while trying to sort stuff out.

It shouldn't be a case of DOF vs manager, it's about two professional people working together to make a club a success."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,44408.msg979434.html#msg979434

You can answer the questions I put to you now that's cleared up.

*The other week on toontastic you said that half of the premiership teams were on thin ice regarding finances, do you include us in that and do you think we would be alright in the current climate if we were a PLC?

*Do you find it acceptable to have one scout at the club and Ameobi being one of best player to come through the academy in the past decade?

*How would you go about getting the club to compete with the big boys, taking into account it has over £100 million of debt, lost over £30 million in our final year as a PLC and would struggle for credit in the current financial climate?

Guest Howaythetoon

I didn't need to thumb through, I can remember you saying how it was "da best window eva" under your man fat Sam, yet now you're claiming that all 3 windows were a failure, until i pulled you up on it that is and now you claim you were talking about this one which is quite clearly bollocks.

As for debating the points with you, you're an hysterical cockring who's told everyone you're finished with the club twice in the last 12 months, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to put my point across to someone who's quite clearly letting their emotions getting the better of them.

The club has little or no money, we're not owned by some rich arab wanting to throw money at us and turning it all around is going to take time, if you don't like it then make your first season ticket your last would be my advice.

Ouch :lol:

What I said was that the DOF should be in charge of the scouts and the academy so when the manager leaves everything else is still in place, that way we're not in the position we were when Shepherd sacked Robson in that his scouts and everyone goes, leaving Roeder with one scout at the entire club.

This is what I said btw.

"I agree with you, the manager is the most important thing when it comes to how well the first team does, however football is bigger business than it's ever been and for me the running of a club is far too big for one man anymore.

I was a fan of when Arnesen went to Spurs and brought in unknown (to me anyway) but long term you should let your manager run the playing side how he wants which is basically tactics and the players he wants for his first team, the problem is now is that you've other things involved now such as the youth academy, scouting, medical, contracts and concluding transfers etc which is too much IMO for one man, Wenger has said as much by wanting to appoint a DOF and Allardyce has commented on how he's spent little time on the training pitch while trying to sort stuff out.

It shouldn't be a case of DOF vs manager, it's about two professional people working together to make a club a success."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,44408.msg979434.html#msg979434

*The other week on toontastic you said that half of the premiership teams were on thin ice regarding finances, do you include us in that and do you think we would be alright in the current climate if we were a PLC?

*Do you find it acceptable to have one scout at the club and Ameobi being one of best player to come through the academy in the past decade?

*How would you go about getting the club to compete with the big boys, taking into account it has over £100 million of debt, lost over £30 million in our final year as a PLC and would struggle for credit in the current financial climate?

I've answered these before.

Football clubs are regarded as successful in terms of what happens on the pitch, especially the biggest supported ones, rather than the operating profit they make by the way.

Do you think that Portsmouth wish they hadn't won the FA Cup now the depth of their debts has been revealed ?

mackems.gif

This is what I said btw.

Football clubs are regarded as successful in terms of what happens on the pitch, especially the biggest supported ones, rather than the operating profit they make by the way.

Do you think that Portsmouth wish they hadn't won the FA Cup now the depth of their debts has been revealed ?

mackems.gif

You haven't answered them before and you're trying to avoid answering them now.

Well done.

This is what I said btw.

mackems.gif

Well done.

I've answered them before and I can't be bothered to answer them again, or you for that matter.

Bye.

I hope you still think the club is better off than it was 18 months ago, due to adopting your "plan".

This is what I said btw.

mackems.gif

Well done.

I've answered them before and I can't be bothered to answer them again, or you for that matter.

Bye.

I hope you still think the club is better off than it was 18 months ago, due to adopting your "plan".

Didn't think you would answer them.

This is what I said btw.

mackems.gif

Well done.

Bye.

ok then. Here is your previous take on the DOF

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,46402.0.html

see especially post number 18 by yourself

all Comolli has done is look to replace an average manager in Jol with a far better one in Ramos, getting rumbled tapping him up is hardly ideal but if it benefits the club in the long run then who will care.

Guest ObaStar

you are dumb. everyone has been affected by this. I think most "rich" people have suffered more than the average person as most of their wealth tends to be invested in the market, hedge funds and real estate. With the market down as much as it is. Most people at the high end of the spectrum have lost over half their wealth and are not currently in a position to make a luxury buy like a sporting club.

you are dumb. everyone has been affected by this. I think most "rich" people have suffered more than the average person as most of their wealth tends to be invested in the market, hedge funds and real estate. With the market down as much as it is. Most people at the high end of the spectrum have lost over half their wealth and are not currently in a position to make a luxury buy like a sporting club.

Prove it.

Investing in football clubs aside the idea that the rich have "suffered" is ridiculous - down to their last couple of billion - my heart bleeds.

Also a shit load of money was made by short selling - who gained from that?

Prove it.

Investing in football clubs aside the idea that the rich have "suffered" is ridiculous - down to their last couple of billion - my heart bleeds.

Also a s*** load of money was made by short selling - who gained from that?

The rich may not be standing in line at the soup kitchen, but the desire to plunk 400 million initially and God knows how much in the long term into a football club abates considerably when you've just lost about half of your fortune.

Roman apparently lost around 90% of his money during the crisis by the way.

Prove it.

The rich may not be standing in line at the soup kitchen, but the desire to plunk 400 million initially and God knows how much in the long term into a football club abates considerably when you've just lost about half of your fortune.

And by the summer or the end of the year he'll have it all back.

This is what I said btw.

mackems.gif

Well done.

Bye.

ok then. Here is your previous take on the DOF

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,46402.0.html

see especially post number 18 by yourself

all Comolli has done is look to replace an average manager in Jol with a far better one in Ramos, getting rumbled tapping him up is hardly ideal but if it benefits the club in the long run then who will care.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I've said. What point are you trying to make by that?

You still didn't answer my questions btw.

Prove it.

I've not got your amazing powers of precognition, but lets just say I have my doubts as to whether every billionaire on Earth will magically recover all their losses by next summer.

Prove it.

I've not got your amazing powers of precognition, but lets just say I have my doubts as to whether every billionaire on Earth will magically recover all their losses by next summer.

I've worked with financial software since the 80s - stocks and assets always bounce back and rise over time - it's just a question of how quickly. The more you have as a starting point (assuming they haven't sold out) means the quicker you recover.

As I also said money was made from the collapse - some rich people somewhere either offset their losses or made money.