Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

NJS reminds me of a painting I once saw, in a big exhibition of post-communist art, which was satirising the tawdry online ads with which women from Russia and Ukraine tried to lure a western husband. One bint's text about herself simply read: "I am looking for the nice millionaire."

Extremely relevant to the thread of course. ;)

You obviously haven't been reading the thread.   bluelaugh.gif

I have thanks. I just thought it didn't really have any relevance at all. Apart from picking faults in anything posted by specific users that don't agree with your viewpoint.

I thought taking issue with the specific viewpoints of other posters was the essence of online discussion, but there you go. I was wrong. Going by your post I now understand that it involves whining a lot in a self-righteous fashion after you have completely missed the point.

so you're still happy with the implementation of your "plan" then ?

Not as happy as you'll be if we don't sign anyone in this window meaning Baggio is out of pocket. :thup:

I've got 1334 reasons for wanting us to sign players, how many do you have ?

Strange of you to say this - supporting the man who is going to relegate us, are you happy with that ?

How would you of run the club? How would you finance it all? After all the "mis-investment" in the past would you trust the future of the club with just one man etc?

Seeing as though you have 1334 reasons for the success of the club, maybe you have an opinion on how you;d do things?

Are you still happy Ashley hasn't wasted any money on transfers in the last 12 months ?

It wasnt a challenging question, i wanted to know how you'd of done things? Its a pretty open question, anyone care to oblige?

You won't restore the club into the european places and financial success that comes with it by refusing to back your manager. Still pleased he didn't waste any money by refusing to back his manager ?

I would like you to explain to me how you think that a struggling side leads to financial comfort ?

I'm not explaining all of this to you again.

I have absolutely no idea why you wont answer this question. Its not even a loaded question, just a general query. How would you of done things differently when Ashley took over.

NJS said he'd of given £50m of his own money as a gift to the club and brought in a footballing expert and not of paid off the extra £50m debt which wasnt necessary. Theres no contigency plan for the season after, the the wage bill isnt being addressed and he'd still be willing to trust just one man with his money with no contignecy plans if he failed, apparently happy to risk losing £50 just ike that should it go wrong.

by backing my manager, the same as other clubs who are successful do, the same as we did when we played in europe.

Not as happy as you'll be if we don't sign anyone in this window meaning Baggio is out of pocket. :thup:

Strange of you to say this - supporting the man who is going to relegate us, are you happy with that ?

How would you of run the club? How would you finance it all? After all the "mis-investment" in the past would you trust the future of the club with just one man etc?

Seeing as though you have 1334 reasons for the success of the club, maybe you have an opinion on how you;d do things?

Are you still happy Ashley hasn't wasted any money on transfers in the last 12 months ?

It wasnt a challenging question, i wanted to know how you'd of done things? Its a pretty open question, anyone care to oblige?

You won't restore the club into the european places and financial success that comes with it by refusing to back your manager. Still pleased he didn't waste any money by refusing to back his manager ?

I would like you to explain to me how you think that a struggling side leads to financial comfort ?

I have absolutely no idea why you wont answer this question. Its not even a loaded question, just a general query. How would you of done things differently when Ashley took over.

NJS said he'd of given £50m of his own money as a gift to the club and brought in a footballing expert and not of paid off the extra £50m debt which wasnt necessary. Theres no contigency plan for the season after, the the wage bill isnt being addressed and he'd still be willing to trust just one man with his money with no contignecy plans if he failed, apparently happy to risk losing £50 just ike that should it go wrong.

by backing my manager, the same as other clubs who are successful do, the same as we did when we played in europe.

Fucking hell, its like trying to pry open a safe with a credit card.

How would you back your manager? Where is the money coming from? Would you be willing to add to the wage bill even though the squad isnt repsresenting value for money?

NJS reminds me of a painting I once saw, in a big exhibition of post-communist art, which was satirising the tawdry online ads with which women from Russia and Ukraine tried to lure a western husband. One bint's text about herself simply read: "I am looking for the nice millionaire."

I have thanks. I just thought it didn't really have any relevance at all. Apart from picking faults in anything posted by specific users that don't agree with your viewpoint.

I thought taking issue with the specific viewpoints of other posters was the essence of online discussion, but there you go. I was wrong. Going by your post I now understand that it involves whining a lot in a self-righteous fashion after you have completely missed the point.

do you mean, as in when someone who criticises the managerial appointments, and asking as a reply do you consider appointing a manager who wins 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards to be a bad appointment or not ?

So would you have been happy if we'd done everything the same but kept Milner?

How would you back your manager? Where is the money coming from? Would you be willing to add to the wage bill even though the squad isnt repsresenting value for money?

so you think that Mike Ashley backed Kevin Keegan to the utmost of the clubs possible spending power and income then ?

So would you have been happy if we'd done everything the same but kept Milner?

here comes Mr Logic. Do you still think Mike Ashley is an improvement on the past regime and/or doesn't embarrass you ?

do you mean, as in when someone who criticises the managerial appointments, and asking as a reply do you consider appointing a manager who wins 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards to be a bad appointment or not ?

No. You'd have to be a loon to interpret my words that way.

so you think that Mike Ashley backed Kevin Keegan to the utmost of the clubs possible spending power and income then ?

Fuck me, this has nothing to do with Ashley. All I'm interested in is a practical and sensible take on how you or anyone would of ran the club at the time that Ashley came in, addressing the past, present and future of the club.

All ive got so far is "Id give the club £50m of me own dosh and not address any uncompulsory debt" and "id back my manager".

Its a perfectly sensible question and the fact that you'reunwilling to answer it suggest that there are reasons you dont want to answet it.

here comes Mr Logic. Do you still think Mike Ashley is an improvement on the past regime and/or doesn't embarrass you ?

I asked for an answer, not another question.

answering questions isn't your strength is it ?

Don't see the point in going through the same stuff again, or maybe just now I can't be bothered repeating what I've always said.

I take it, to ask such a question, you must be happy that he sold Milner and undermined his manager by not giving him the money to let him replace him in his own way, making a profit and shoving us towards where the Halls and Shepherd saved us 17 years ago ?

Standby to be embarrassed like we used to be in the 1970's and 1980's.

Well, there's nothing stopping you telling us what your response is to a perfectly reasonable question is, in the light of it being in context, and in the light of you accusing tooj of not responding to perfectly reasonable questions ? Show us how its done.  bluelaugh.gif

Well, there's nothing stopping you telling us what your response is to a perfectly reasonable question is, in the light of it being in context, and in the light of you accusing tooj of not responding to perfectly reasonable questions ? Show us how its done.  bluelaugh.gif

Where did I accuse Tooj of "not responding to perfectly reasonable questions", you loon?

Don't see the point in going through the same stuff again, or maybe just now I can't be bothered repeating what I've always said.

I take it, to ask such a question, you must be happy that he sold Milner and undermined his manager by not giving him the money to let him replace him in his own way, making a profit and shoving us towards where the Halls and Shepherd saved us 17 years ago ?

I didn't expect an answer so I'll just leave it now.  :lol:

I didn't expect an answer so I'll just leave it now.  :lol:

so you're still defending Mike then, who doesn't embarrass you in the slightest, and you think the club has been moving forwards for the last 18 months - which is what counts   bluelaugh.gif

Where did I accuse Tooj of "not responding to perfectly reasonable questions", you loon?

you said this.

I thought taking issue with the specific viewpoints of other posters was the essence of online discussion,

so, show us how its done, make some sensible online discussion, and tell us - at last - what you think of a manager who won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards, in the context of you criticising the appointments ?

1334 as it happens, but I wouldn't ever use it as a soopafan card.

I'm just supporting my club, hoping they sign players, not hoping they don't just so Baggio ends up out of pocket like you are.

You've got more money then brains if you would be willing to give away £50m just like that. There isnt a businessman in the world who's doing that, except you of course.  :yikes:

What about Lerner at Villa or the Irish/Yanks at Sunderland? they have injected working capital into their businesses and the only way to get it back is via success.

"Good enough to keep us up but not good enough to be obvious targets for more ambitious clubs" - what a load of rubbish that is. I dont even no where to start with this comment, so i wont bother.

Do you think theres any chance whatsoever of Ashley turning down offers for Jonas or Bassong this summer?

You've got more money then brains if you would be willing to give away £50m just like that. There isnt a businessman in the world who's doing that, except you of course.  :yikes:

What about Lerner at Villa or the Irish/Yanks at Sunderland? they have injected working capital into their businesses and the only way to get it back is via success.

There investment wont be philanthropic, and they wont be investing agaisnt a heavy wage or large scale debtl meaning there money will go primarily on the transfer fees and adding to a smaller wage bill.

All you've said you;d do so far, is ignore part of the debt which is eating at the clubs revenue, invest £50m of your own money into the club relyin on one persons decisions and hoping we'll succeed, all whilst adding to the already inflated wage bill. It's basically one big gamble - wheres the next bit of money coming from?

"Good enough to keep us up but not good enough to be obvious targets for more ambitious clubs" - what a load of rubbish that is. I dont even no where to start with this comment, so i wont bother.

Do you think theres any chance whatsoever of Ashley turning down offers for Jonas or Bassong this summer?

Every player has there price, if someone was to come in and offer £15m for a player we paid nothing for would you turn it down? Could that money now go back into the clubs transfer kitty and used on a better player? Isnt that the sensible thing to do?

Every player has there price, if someone was to come in and offer £15m for a player we paid nothing for would you turn it down? Could that money now go back into the clubs transfer kitty and used on a better player? Isnt that the sensible thing to do?

Not necessarily - it should be judged on a case by case basis - as I said above the scouting young talent model requires a consistent standard to make it work - if you have a similar player in mind as a replacement then fair enough but otherwise progress demands keeping good players.

This of course also requires someone with responsibility for the team making these decisions - the thing I don't trust about Ashley is his business style suggests to me him being always game to take the quick buck if he can - as I think he attempted to do on deadline day last year and he will again this.

There investment wont be philanthropic, and they wont be investing agaisnt a heavy wage or large scale debtl meaning there money will go primarily on the transfer fees and adding to a smaller wage bill.

All you've said you;d do so far, is ignore part of the debt which is eating at the clubs revenue, invest £50m of your own money into the club relyin on one persons decisions and hoping we'll succeed, all whilst adding to the already inflated wage bill. It's basically one big gamble - wheres the next bit of money coming from?

I didn't say ignore the debt - I said service it through ST/Sky money but yes essentially I am talking about gambling.

I get the impression that Ashley may have been going to go down this route if the club had been debt free when he bought it. He seemed to "easily" find the £110m to pay off the debt which I could argue is similar to injecting capital as I advocate. The pisser for us is as I said that all of what could have been his "gamble" money was spent for no tangible football (as opposed to business) benefit - that's why I'm suggesting a mixture of the two in retrospect.