Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

No, but I’m not claiming to know what they think.

And yet you're happy enough for the banner to be displayed which, whether you like it or not, makes it look like all Newcastle fans share the same views.

When you see a bloke at Wimbledon with one of those  John 3:16 banners do you assume the crowd is jammed packed with god-squaders?

bit fucking different that though isn't it mate, unless it was a playoff game between the best tennis player of the clergy and the number one ranked satan worshipper

get a grip, if attention is given to this banner then nationally this is what "we" are seen to think as fans, you have to see that

No, but Im not claiming to know what they think.

And yet you're happy enough for the banner to be displayed which, whether you like it or not, makes it look like all Newcastle fans share the same views.

When you see a bloke at Wimbledon with one of those  John 3:16 banners do you assume the crowd is jammed packed with god-squaders?

bit f***ing different that though isn't it mate, unless it was a playoff game between the best tennis player of the clergy and the number one ranked satan worshipper

get a grip, if attention is given to this banner then nationally this is what "we" are seen to think as fans, you have to see that

A poll would have been interesting in this thread to see who agreed with being represented by the banner as without doubt it will be seen as representing us by the watching world.

Guest Brummiemag

I agree with banner, and a lot of the people I know agree with banner, particularly those who travel to away games.

Im not sure the views on this forum (in terms of things like the banner and NUSC) are particularly representative of newcastle fans as awhole 

I agree with banner, and a lot of the people I know agree with banner, particularly those who travel to away games.

Im not sure the views on this forum (in terms of things like the banner and NUSC) are particularly representative of newcastle fans as awhole  

agree with you entirely there mind, doesn't mean the majority are right though does it?

Im not sure the views on this forum (in terms of things like the banner and NUSC) are particularly representative of newcastle fans as a whole  

I suspect the forum is a fantastic medium for reflecting newcastle fans views as a whole. I can't think of anything better.

Im not sure the views on this forum (in terms of things like the banner and NUSC) are particularly representative of newcastle fans as a whole  

I suspect the forum is a fantastic medium for reflecting newcastle fans views as a whole. I can't think of anything better.

can't agree with that myself like, <50% of what's spouted on here will be what the average away fan thinks imo - fact is most fans don't chase as much information down as some on here do...most will likely rely on what the see on the news, sky or in the tabloids/chronicle to form their opinion

again, imo

Guest Brummiemag

Dont get me wrong I think the forum is great. I wouldnt spend an hour a day on it otherwise and I've made some good friends through it.

I just think that with certain subjects such as the criticism of Keegan, NUSC and the banner it isnt particularly representative of newcastle fans who attend games.

In my experience many of the people at SJP aren't nearly as clued up on what goes on as people who spend time on forums such as this. As pointed out, they tend to go on what's in the mainstream media, hence the sudden booing of N'Zogbia after months and months of him wanting away. When I went to Doncaster away in pre-season, not one person around me knew who the lad wearing 46 was. The guy next to me in the Leazes is a great lad, but he NEVER knows why players are missing if they've been crocked in training or anything like that.

I'm not criticising them like.

Dont get me wrong I think the forum is great. I wouldnt spend an hour a day on it otherwise and I've made some good friends through it.

I just think that with certain subjects such as the criticism of Keegan, NUSC and the banner it isnt particularly representative of newcastle fans who attend games.

Similarly, I don't believe that the chants of the away fans are particularly representastive of the newcastle fans as a whole.

The point I raised about the banner is that it was created at a time when the issue was Keegan vs Ashley and it probably had a lot of sympathisers and supporters (see: Hull [h] 1-2). As more information has come to light and fans gain a greater understanding of the bigger picture, would it not be wise to drop the mis-guided (although well intentioned) "cockney mafia out" banner, get back to supporting the team for 90minutes and at least acknowledging that the "cockney mafia" have done something vital and necessary for the club in the long-term.

If you still feel Ashley, Wise, Llambias (etc) should stay away from the club, then why not display this via a protest outside SJP outside of the 90minute match-time...what's that...you can't be bothered or you don't have the time?

Guest Geordiesned

No, but I’m not claiming to know what they think.

:jesuswept:

I attend games and I DO think it's fairly representative.

Most polls on Ashley issues here seem to indicate that about 20-25% of people blame him for everything, I think that figure may be even less amongst those I know who go to matches.

I think the vast majority of Newcastle fans are just sick of the whole issue and would like to move on, whether that involves Ashley being around or not.

It certainly seems those who continue to blame Ashley for everything are the types who see fault in things but never actually provide solutions. If they could actually do something positive - like suggest WHO or WHAT they want instead of Ashley - rather than just continuing to scream "get out" to a person, who lets face it, has pretty much got the message and "got out" - then they would probably gain more credibility and support from the majority who are sick of their stupid banners etc.

i have to admit that from the outside looking in, the whole saga was hilarious and the "bouycoutt the club" banner just put the icing on the cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have to admit that from the outside looking in, the whole saga was hilarious and the "bouycoutt the club" banner just put the icing on the cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it's been down hill for you ever since. 

And it's been down hill for you ever since. 

no its been downhill since we beat you lot, that seems like the last time i was actually proud to be a sunderland fan  :-[

no its been downhill since we beat you lot, that seems like the last time i was actually proud to be a sunderland fan  :-[

After that game I thought you would go on to have a good season and would be sitting in a safe league position.  Now, I think if you get beat on Sunday then you'll struggle to stay up.

After that game I thought you would go on to have a good season and would be sitting in a safe league position.  Now, I think if you get beat on Sunday then you'll struggle to stay up.

i think that even if we do beat u's we wil struggles to stay up, i think the key to u's staying up is keeping shay, can't recall how many ocasions he has bailed u's out over recent seasons. personally i think there are three worse teams than us both however but its so close its unbeleivable

i think that even if we do beat u's we wil struggles to stay up, i think the key to u's staying up is keeping shay, can't recall how many ocasions he has bailed u's out over recent seasons. personally i think there are three worse teams than us both however but its so close its unbeleivable

Given going could make us stronger if we spend the money on our midfield, we're OK as far as keeper cover goes, midfield is shocking.  Obviously, we'll be no better off if the new midfielders are replicas of Duff and Butt as they are now.

Given going could make us stronger if we spend the money on our midfield, we're OK as far as keeper cover goes, midfield is shocking.  Obviously, we'll be no better off if the new midfielders are replicas of Duff and Butt as they are now.

you can quite happily have craig gordon if given does leave, and u can also have paul mcshane, daryl murphy, david healy and grant leadbitter, all that we would want in return is a couple of pairs of socks and a toothpick

you can quite happily have craig gordon if given does leave, and u can also have paul mcshane, daryl murphy, david healy and grant leadbitter, all that we would want in return is a couple of pairs of socks and a toothpick

:lol:

No thanks.

Guest toonlass

Sod off, we'd have been robbed!

I can't criticise the original sentiment behind the banner but it just looks completely stupid now in light of recent events i.e. the published accounts.

FACT 1 - The accounts make it clear that NUFC is not currently a going concern (i.e. solvent), and the auditors would not issue the legally required statement as to its solvency unless someone underwrote club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

FACT 2 - Mike Ashley underwrote the club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

FACT 3 - If the "Cockney Mafia" were indeed "Out", then nobody would underwrite the club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

We therefore have no club to support - or at least a club in administration, with a 10 point deduction, all player sold, i.e. Leeds.

Unlikely to happen in reality as MA would struggle to recover his £250m investment, but lets be clear, there is NOTHING to guarantee that the accounts will be signed of next year. If the club were insolvent then administrators would be appointed to try and ensure the survival of the business. This would must likely result in the stadium being sold off (perhaps leased back), all players with any real capital value sold, and we would have to start again with a bunch of kids. Those who think this is all speculation, please see Leeds United - and do not think that we are different in any way.

I can't criticise the original sentiment behind the banner but it just looks completely stupid now in light of recent events i.e. the published accounts.

FACT 1 - The accounts make it clear that NUFC is not currently a going concern (i.e. solvent), and the auditors would not issue the legally required statement as to its solvency unless someone underwrote club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

FACT 2 - Mike Ashley underwrote the club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

FACT 3 - If the "Cockney Mafia" were indeed "Out", then nobody would underwrite the club financing for the next 12 month accounting period.

We therefore have no club to support - or at least a club in administration, with a 10 point deduction, all player sold, i.e. Leeds.

Unlikely to happen in reality as MA would struggle to recover his £250m investment, but lets be clear, there is NOTHING to guarantee that the accounts will be signed of next year. If the club were insolvent then administrators would be appointed to try and ensure the survival of the business. This would must likely result in the stadium being sold off (perhaps leased back), all players with any real capital value sold, and we would have to start again with a bunch of kids. Those who think this is all speculation, please see Leeds United - and do not think that we are different in any way.

5th best european qualification record though, doncha know?

"Look, we were in the Intertoto just a few seasons ago!"

"Of course. Here's £100 million to spunk on transfers. Just pay us back when you feel you can afford it."

you know i was being sarcy right?

Yeah, I wasn't arguing with you. I was taking the piss out of the assumption you'd just fingered.