Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

I wonder if Bassong's any good in nets.

I hear Gonzalez is the f***ing business.

Yeah because nacho can help being injured? Fucking clueless.

Oh I do apologise, here's me thinking it had been a right royal waste of time, well Xisco's not injured though is he? He can go in. He's more chance of getting a game there than up front.

Yeah because nacho can help being injured? Fucking clueless.

He can't help it but the people who signed him knowing he was injured could.

Whether he meant to or not, he's doing a pretty good job of it.

Without a doubt, mate. I won't deny that he's made a fucking balls attempt at running this football club.

It's this, frankly idiotic, view that it's all done on purpose - just to be really mean, even if it means potentially losing a huge wedge. I just think it's totally deluded.

If you say so. Coloccini, Xisco (whatever you think of him), Smith, Barton, Enrique weren't "peanuts", by the way. Believe what you want though.

Almost balanced by "peanuts" received.

Oh, not this again. You know what I was going to reply with, so I'll save myself having to type it out.

His net spend if fucking crap man.

Yeah because nacho can help being injured? f***ing clueless.

He can't help it but the people who signed him knowing he was injured could.

IIRC he was on his way back and got another unfortunate injury. We're you all out for Michael Owens balls when he got injured again? Were you bollocks.

The player wants to leave because he sees us going f***ing nowhere.

Exactly. It's Ashley's fault he wants to leave because he's taken us f***ing nowhere.

When he first took the club off the market, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but this has me riled something bad.

Ashley has gone so far, he's made our loyalist player question our future - that's f***ing bad.

Ashley hired Wise and his 'team', Ashley took the risk of bringing back KK, Ashley and his f***ing clown of an 'executive' forced KK out and brought in Joe Kinnear of all people. At the end of the day, Ashley is to f***ing blame for all of this, and it aint gonna clear up any time soon.

We're f***ing down and out. And all because some two-bit billionaire wants to turn us into a f***ing business? The players of Newcastle United are real PEOPLE Mike, not f***ing assets you can play about with.

The fans are real people, dedicated people that have been here a hell of alot longer than you and will be here a hell of a long time after you - I think we know what's best for OUR club.

Pull your finger out, take a step back and just see what you've done. I'd take a Roeder or Souness season over this state any f***ing day of the year - and that's depressing.

We're scaring off our best players, and what are we being left with? No offence to them, but the likes of "give him a chance" Xisco and "i'm always f***ing injured" Gonzalez. Half of our 'players' aren't even fit to lace the boots of Blyth Spartan's players.

Shay Given has been a f***ing servant to this club - a true example of an 'outsider' coming in, becoming a part of the community and fully integrating himself with what football means to this area. Ashley on the other hand has f***ed us over something f***ing rotten and doesn't even have the decency to come out on television and explain his reasons.

A grand f***ing total of like 4 statements on the website. Whoopdy f***ing doo.

The day Shay Given leaves this football club is the day the last part of Newcastle United dies.

So you can take your f***ing FACT press statements and shove them up your arse.

IIRC he was on his way back and got another unfortunate injury. We're you all out for Michael Owens balls when he got injured again? Were you bollocks.

Nope - long term injury was re-occurence of injury he was carrying when signed.

Ah well. We can't do shit. Don't like it fuck off then. [not directed at you dave]

Go make a supporters club, and a supporters club team.

I guess that's what Ashley thinks too. Problem is walking down to JJB Sports is quite easy for me. Changing my football team is slightly different. Same applies to getting a refund on the thousand quid plus I have in their coffers.

The player wants to leave because he sees us going f***ing nowhere.

Exactly. It's Ashley's fault he wants to leave because he's taken us fucking nowhere.

When he first took the club off the market, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but this has riled something bad.

Ashley has gone so far, he's made our loyalist player question out future - that's fucking bad.

Ashley hired Wise and his 'team', Ashley took the risk of bringing back KK, Ashley and his fucking clown of an 'executive' forced KK out and brought in Joe Kinnear of all people. At the end of the day, Ashley is to fucking blame for all of this, and it aint gonna clear up any time soon.

We're fucking down and out. And all because some two-bit billionaire wants to turn us into a fucking business? The players of Newcastle United are real PEOPLE Mike, not fucking assets you can play about with.

The fans are real people, dedicated people that have been here a hell of alot longer than you and will be here a hell of a long time after you - I think we know what's best for OUR club.

Pull your finger out, take a step back and just see what you've done. I'd take a Roeder or Souness season over this state any fucking day of the year - and that's depressing.

We're scaring off our best players, and what are we being left with? No offence to them, but the likes of "give him a chance" Xisco and "i'm always fucking injured" Gonzalez. Half of our 'players' aren't even fit to lace the boots of Blyth Spartan's players.

Shay Given has been a fucking servant to this club - a true example of an 'outsider' coming in, becoming a part of the community and fully integrating himself with what football means to this area. Ashley on the other hand has fucked us over something fucking rotten and doesn't even have the decency to come out on television and explain his reasons.

A grand fucking total of like 4 statements on the website. Whoopdy fucking doo.

The day Shay Given leaves this football club is the day the last part of Newcastle United dies.

So you can take your fucking FACT press statements and shove them up your arse.

I'm sure if I say what I want to say, I'll just be accused of ruining the thread.

He doesn't see players as people - he sees them as assets - remember the phrase "residual value"?

Absolutely spot on as usual NJS.

Right. So Ashley's bought the club and thought... "Right then, i'm gonna do my utmost to drive the best players out of the club, just to get some big money in for em. It'll put our survival on the line (and the precious proceeds that come with that, nom nom nom) but fuck it, it'll piss off the Geordies."

He's bought the club to sell off the assets and survive on a shoestring, keeping the profits, yes. He likes a gamble, we know that, what better gamble than teeter on the edge of Premiership survival keeping the Sky money, ST money, Milner money? If we did go down, so what? We'd be back in a year or two and the value of the club would go right back up.

No surprise at all - this club is in the worst situation since McKeag was in charge and I can see a big drop in season ticket sales next season, esp if the club goes down.

Given is quite right in his views about NUFC and in a way, this reminds me of what happened with Pop Robson back in 1971 when, nearly 2 years after winning the Fairs Cup(largely on Robson's goals),it was obvious that the club were not building on that success and Robson hired a hotel room in the City, gathered the Press together, and told them he wanted to leave because the club was, in his words, 'Unprofessional'.

Robson was on his way within weeks of this, as the Board didn't like him telling the truth, so I imagine that the same thing will happen here...

So, after 38 years, we are back to the same scenario, with a top player leaving because of his frustrations at the club's Mickey Mouse image and activities ; Shay has been with the club for 11 years so nobody can accuse him of disloyalty - he deserves, as do all of us, the chance to get the best from his life and that isn't going to come from a club permanently in disarray.

Perhaps its time one of the major fans' groups hired a hotel room and called in the Press to say they were unhappy about the club's lack of professionalism and were thinking of boycotting games - I reckon that's about the only thing which will put a bomb under the board.

Unless something is done, watch for more kids in the NE wearing the strips of Liverpool, Man U etc etc - IF they bother at all....the Financial crisis will have a wonderful way of focussing minds and pockets.

Good Luck to Shay whenever and WHEREVER he goes - there aren't many worse-run clubs that NUFC in the Prem.

It also shows that Given hasn't fallen for his "taking the club forward" line

You think he was making that up?

Get this - he might actually be trying, but doing a poor job of it.

I actually think Ashley is trying his best to take the club forward.

His problem is he's doing it the wrong fucking way and has been for a while now, but refuses to admit when he's wrong.

It also shows that Given hasn't fallen for his "taking the club forward" line

You think he was making that up?

Get this - he might actually be trying, but doing a poor job of it.

I actually think Ashley is trying his best to take the club forward.

His problem is he's doing it the wrong fucking way and has been for a while now, but refuses to admit when he's wrong.

Agreed, not that it (me agreeing) needed saying.

Ah well. We can't do s***. Don't like it f*** off then. [not directed at you dave]

Go make a supporters club, and a supporters club team.

I guess that's what Ashley thinks too. Problem is walking down to JJB Sports is quite easy for me. Changing my football team is slightly different. Same applies to getting a refund on the thousand quid plus I have in their coffers.

Sadly none of us can do anything but make a decision: follow the club, or not, financially or whatever. You could take your money elsewhere also, not that it would feel the same.

Guest Cisses Wings

To be honest I think you over rate him. Lets face it he didn't move much for Keiron Richardsons' free kick. :coolsmiley:

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.