Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Given and Owen leaving, its the kind of stuff that really does prepare us for Championship football. We need to do so much building as it is, but to have to replace not only our best players but world class players before even building a squad and strengthening the areas we need to strengthen now is extremely worrying. Ashley really has to wonder what he is doing here if we let Shay go, he will learn the hard way that football isn't a business like his others and will lose a lot more money in the end when we are worth less than £100million. Depressing stuff for the fans.

Guest shearer_united

If he wants to go, then let him go. He needs to know that he is not bigger than the club and he can be replaced.

What makes you think he doesnt know?

What makes you think he does know?

If he wants to go, then let him go. He needs to know that he is not bigger than the club and he can be replaced.

What makes you think he doesnt know?

What makes you think he does know?

I dont know, but im not making statements like i do.

Guest Mantis

Who can blame him?  With Owen obviously going and several players likely to go at the end of the contract this year, paired with looking to re-sign Ameobi and Butt, it seems Shay has had enough.  Why would he want to stick around to be joined by more Championship quality players once again in another backwards move by the club?

Good luck Shay.  Lets hope our serial lying Manager doesn't f*** up with the funds reeived.

Guest shearer_united

Without a doubt he's a very good player but I don't think we will miss him much. We still have Harper.

Guest shearer_united

I think what upset Given is our very weak defense. He played well but a lot of the goals were mistakes because of the defenders. Kinnear should seriously invest in a lot of quality defenders in the January window otherwise we will witness a lot of goals being scored against us as usual.

Without a doubt he's a very good player but I don't think we will miss him much. We still have Harper.

It's more than just a quality keeper we'll miss, it's a member of the dressing room that's seen 11 years at this club. He's as much a part of Newcastle as the stadium, the atmosphere and the constant up and downs. Losing him would be a massive sign of where this club is heading and will be nothing other than detrimental.

pissed off if this is true at the way given has handled this. if he wants away,put a transfer request in. don't be fucking about with phrases such as "considering his options" as sticking a request in or staying are his only options. (i wonder if man utd had came sniffing before he signed his contract he' have "considered his options " then)

I think what upset Given is our very weak defense. He played well but a lot of the goals were mistakes because of the defenders. Kinnear should seriously invest in a lot of quality defenders in the January window otherwise we will witness a lot of goals being scored against us as usual.

Yet we'd just recorded three clean sheets away from home for the first time in a decade. The midfield is the main weakness, although we obviously did have a lot of injuries as well to the defence. The first choice back four of Enrique, Coloccini, Bassong and Beye is fine. But when we get injuries then we are knackered as people like Taylor have to come in, who just simply aren't good enough.

Have no qualms with Shay leaving or the way he's gone about this. Has been a true professional for 11 years at this club, whilst we've dicked around making horrible decision after decision. If I'd had to play under and alongside with some of the jokers this club has employed in his time I'd have gone a long time ago.

Can't believe some people actually have the gumption to question this - the club is a joke, his career won't last forever and he wants so win something. Fair play Shay, good luck elsewhere  :clap:

pissed off if this is true at the way given has handled this. if he wants away,put a transfer request in. don't be f***ing about with phrases such as "considering his options" as sticking a request in or staying are his only options. (i wonder if man utd had came sniffing before he signed his contract he' have "considered his options " then)

Bobby said in his latest book that no club had ever come in for Given while he was manager, maybe that's why he's been here so long.

Have no qualms with Shay leaving or the way he's gone about this. Has been a true professional for 11 years at this club, whilst we've dicked around making horrible decision after decision. If I'd had to play under and alongside with some of the jokers this club has employed in his time I'd have gone a long time ago.

Can't believe some people actually have the gumption to question this - the club is a joke, his career won't last forever and he wants so win something. Fair play Shay, good luck elsewhere  :clap:

no it's not fair play. it's sneaky and underhanded. be honest and upfront about it instead using semantics to try and save a few quid.

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

he's completely wrong. Shepherd never had full control, for starters. And when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, they had one foot in the 3rd division and you couldn't sell the club for the price Spurs paid us for Gazza 4 years earlier.

Take your own blinkers off, and see that this is the truth.

pissed off if this is true at the way given has handled this. if he wants away,put a transfer request in. don't be f***ing about with phrases such as "considering his options" as sticking a request in or staying are his only options. (i wonder if man utd had came sniffing before he signed his contract he' have "considered his options " then)

Bobby said in his latest book that no club had ever come in for Given while he was manager, maybe that's why he's been here so long.

are you saying Given has been shit or people realised that he wouldn't have wanted to leave Newcastle.

Look up the word "blinkered"

Are you still pleased at the improvements we have made since your man bought the club ?

STAY, SHAY

I think we're short on time on this one, and if we want to keep Given we certainly can't count on the management and admin to achieve this.  We're gonna have to use the power of the Toon 12th man, which means:

- Banners at our next home game - all across SJP - with STAY, SHAY! and Premiership's #1! or similar such slogans.

- Chants for Given behind his nets and preferably all around the ground.

- Given face masks, anyone?

- Massive cheers for saves, goal kicks, his name in the squad list before K/O.

He's been underrated at the Toon because we've taken him for granted.  I know we recognise him as a key player, but let's face it, he's more consistent than Owen and he IS our key to survival this season.

If he still wants to leave, fair play to the lad, and thank you for 11 amazing years, I'll wish him the best.  However, Shay's handed in a transfer request before and changed his mind.  I do not doubt he loves the city and the club, it's just the 5-1 defeat was demoralising.  Let's turn it around for him.

But let's show him how much we appreciate him, and let's turn SJP into a spectacle on the 10th for West Ham, and ensure he's in no doubt as to our thoughts.

Any concrete proof that thats what we'll do?

(not a dig at you, just was pointing out that we're no-where near doing a 'Leeds')

No of course mate, we dont know for certain that we could fall like Leeds. Its just that fear that if we continue to allow our better players to leave, replace them with lesser quality players whilst all the other teams around are strengthening, then ultimately, we will only head in one direction.

A good man manager at the helm always helps when you dont have 11 International class players in the starting line up and at the minute i dont feel we have one of those either.

I feel like we are kind of treading water at the minute. Hopefully it wont be for long.

Don't disagree with any of that Rob, especially the treading water part.

This window will tell us alot about what our future holds, I don't mean just by who actually signs, but also who we've also genuinely 'tried' to sign but got knocked back from like Modric.

are you saying Given has been s*** or people realised that he wouldn't have wanted to leave Newcastle.

Look up the word "blinkered"

I've never said he's been shite so take your own advice and look up "blinkered."  People realised Shearer didn't want to leave Newcastle but that didn't stop teams from trying.

Guest shearer_united

If Given wanted to leave then he should have handed in a transfer request and not whine about it. If he was telling us that Newcastle United is performing poorly then he was stating the obvious. That was very unprofessional of him.

Guest justin99.

If Given wanted to leave then he should have handed in a transfer request and not whine about it. If he was telling us that Newcastle United is performing poorly then he was stating the obvious. That was very unprofessional of him.

could be his way giving ashley a message to get off his arse and release some funds for transfers