Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Can we f*** off with the boring board bollocks? Take it to PM, or to your shitty little thread, or preferably, take it as far away from my eyes as you can physically f***ing get it. It's boring, s***, dull... Basically: not very interesting. It is like reading the stock market. Every minute of the day. And then reading it again just for kicks. It is s***. It is repetetive. It is f***ing eye-bleedingly irritating and mind-numbingly, head-fuckingly frustrating. Literally nobody else on the forum cares. Nobody else in the world for that matter. Seriously. Just f*** off with it.

Thanks.

Why don't you tell us why you think Given - and Owen probably - will leave the club then Andy ?

This is a quote from Jenas when he left Newcastle.

This is a great move for me. I am aiming to win things and with the players already at the club I am sure I can realise this ambition."

Obviously he didn't see us winning honours under the old regime. ;)

I wish he would stay, however he has earned the right to leave more than any other player at the club.  He's give us 11 years of his fantastic goal keeping abilities.  Since Sir Bobby Robson was sacked we have been going downhill and it maybe 5 years (or more) before European football is brought back to SJP.  He is a top keeper and I can respect his wish to want to be a at a club where he may win something in the next few years.

His request to leave sums up the mess which the club has got it self in to last summer.

The fee should be £10m though.  He is good enough to command that price.  If he goes I'd prefer we made Harper our 1st choice keeper with Krul taking Harpers role.  We need all the transfer money we can get to spend on outfield players than to have to spend on a new keeper.  Harper is good enough to be first choice here, even if only until the summer.

so you're still happy that the good old days have returned and you're not being embarrassed anymore ?

:lol:

Oh, it takes me right back to Pop Robson, and even worse Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. There's probably more on the way too. Things were never this good in the good old days were they ?

Never mind, the club will be run "responsibly" and we won't have any trophy signings, or debts [or do we ?]

Nice one, change the argument because you're struggling again.  :lol:

Can we bank on Harper signing a new contract btw?

Sure, he might get the place he's always wanted but he might have had the nod from another club already and if Shay's comments are symptomatic of the feeling within the entire group he may decide to leave too.

so you're still happy that the good old days have returned and you're not being embarrassed anymore ?

Oh, it takes me right back to Pop Robson, and even worse Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. There's probably more on the way too. Things were never this good in the good old days were they ?

Never mind, the club will be run "responsibly" and we won't have any trophy signings, or debts [or do we ?]

OK, I'll give you that but he was taking the thread in his usual direction.

Fairplay to him but if he wants out then lets see a transfer request handed in then.

Harper can see it through till the seasons end & hopefully he will sign a deal.

If Harper does not renew then we have to be as bold as Kenny D was in giving Shay his chance & play either Tim or Fraser. Tim has a lot more senior appearance than Fraser so atm in time I would plump for Tim.

Below that level we have Ole, Max & Jak all really promising goalkeepers.

My position is clear. If you want to take it to PM, I'll happily do so.

part of Givens quote

‘When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival."

Pm me about it if you like, but I can't see the point. This, in my opinion, is what this is all about, however you and one or two others might wish to deny it.

Fairplay to him but if he wants out then lets see a transfer request handed in then.

Harper can see it through till the seasons end & hopefully he will sign a deal.

If Harper does not renew then we have to be as bold as Kenny D was in giving Shay his chance & play either Tim or Fraser. Tim has a lot more senior appearance than Fraser so atm in time I would plump for Tim.

pretty much my thoughts  :thup:

Sure, he might get the place he's always wanted but he might have had the nod from another club already and if Shay's comments are symptomatic of the feeling within the entire group he may decide to leave too.

The usual stuff is that Harper has no ambition, if that's true then he'll stay regardless.

OK, I'll give you that but he was taking the thread in his usual direction.

I'm commenting on why Given has made this statement, in particular the clip I've just posted to GM. Problem as usual with you is you can't bring yourself to admit that you're hopelessly wrong, so won't reply.

I'll leave it there with you, other than to say I wonder who has noticed that you refuse to reply.

I personally think Man City have shown the filthy lucre that will be all his if / when he joins.

He'll likely double his wage and at his age it's an opportunity that he (or few others) would turn down. Using our lack of ambition (although very true) as his excuse is his get of jail card.

I'd think more of him if he came out and said City made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

It makes getting Harpers deal sorted a top priority. He might even be talking to other Clubs as of yesterday. So we might lose him as well.

I think shay is a good measure of the current climate of the club, he has always been pretty level headed and been a good pro.  For him to really consider his future the club must be in a right f***ing mess.

Howay then ashley, lets have some f***ing words from you or one of your bitches about one of the best keepers in the league considering his future with us..............

I'd hope a first team spot with increased wages to reflect a first team player would boost our chances.  But as you say, if the players really are confused and disillusioned with the way things are run at the top of the club, perhaps he will leave...

I think he'd stay if he become first choice keeper personally.

It is my personal opinion that the recruitment team want, and have always wanted Mariano Andujar at number one, with the money for Given funding some other player. Sell Andujar on when his reputation goes up, making a tidy profit and then promote Krul/Forster/Soderberg/Johnson/Alnwick, before selling him on for the next prospect/cheap Argie. Repeat ad infinitum.

My position is clear. If you want to take it to PM, I'll happily do so.

part of Givens quote

‘When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival."

Pm me about it if you like, but I can't see the point. This, in my opinion, is what this is all about, however you and one or two others might wish to deny it.

And you must have missed 90% of this thread strongly criticising Ashley's regime for this. It should be like a wet dream for you, but instead you just prattle on about Freddy fucking Shepherd.

The two are mutually exclusive. Do you even know what that phrase means? In fact don't reply, look it up.

I think shay is a good measure of the current climate of the club, he has always been pretty level headed and been a good pro.  For him to really consider his future the club must be in a right f***ing mess.

Howay then ashley, lets have some f***ing words from you or one of your bitches about one of the best keepers in the league considering his future with us..............

His puppet Kinnear will try and shovel horse shit into the brains of supporters after the Hull game no doubt, even though he will be completely contradicting statements he said just a few days ago :rolleyes:

Very disappointing. :( Not the end of the world though, great shot stopper but average in all other departments. Hope if he goes we look to get someone who scream at the defence and come out for crosses occasionally.

he'll go to man city imo.

would much prefer to see him at arsenal, but we'll get more cash from city.

cheers for the service shay, good luck.

15 million could be realistic if he goes there. I wish him all the best whatever happens - by far the best Newcastle keeper I have seen in my lifetime.

Very disappointing. :( Not the end of the world though,great shot stopper but average in all other departments. Hope if he goes we look to get someone who scream at the defence and come out for crosses occasionally.

I always find that amusing when people say that about keepers, it makes it sound like some keepers get picked regardless of poor shot stopping but world class goalkeeper kicks.

Very disappointing. :( Not the end of the world though, great shot stopper but average in all other departments. Hope if he goes we look to get someone who scream at the defence and come out for crosses occasionally.

Well the guy we've probably got lined up plays in a league with minimal crossing, and he's got the handling of a fish.

We've got somebody who comes out for crosses and screams at the defence.

Steven Taylor?

Steven Taylor?