Newcastle confirm interest in Ferguson

Thespence

Again, not surprised - the signs for the transfer window look distinctly underwhelming...

Probably the most accurate statement made by Kinnear in that article is that 'other clubs may be bidding more than us', which is probably Clubspeak for ' the players prefer to go to other clubs'.....

Looks like we have finally found our level. The people who forced Keegan out accused him of being a "dreamer" because he wanted big names to galvanise the club like he did when he arrived as a player.

I still can't believe some people are prepared to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt to the end of the transfer window.  :no:

Just saw this, I'm not surprised that this is the caliber of player that we're after one bit.

For the most part Rangers fans could care less about him right now, cant run with the ball, never shoots and more than not watches the game pass him by, he can apparently retain the ball ok. Good ball watcher though.

I dont think we will sign anyone better this window, infact he is probably light years better than what we end up with.

Again, not surprised - the signs for the transfer window look distinctly underwhelming...

Probably the most accurate statement made by Kinnear in that article is that 'other clubs may be bidding more than us', which is probably Clubspeak for ' the players prefer to go to other clubs'.....

Looks like we have finally found our level. The people who forced Keegan out accused him of being a "dreamer" because he wanted big names to galvanise the club like he did when he arrived as a player.

I still can't believe some people are prepared to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt to the end of the transfer window.  :no:

do you have anything to suggest this isn't just JFK's target and fuck all to do with ashley?  hardly fits in with the "policy" and "transfer team" thing does it?  signing someone of his age, price and wage bracket

granted ashley has to take the fall for appointing such a twat in the first place but if this is who kinnear wants then it's who he wants

do you have anything to suggest this isn't just JFK's target and f*** all to do with ashley?  hardly fits in with the "policy" and "transfer team" thing does it?  signing someone of his age, price and wage bracket

granted ashley has to take the fall for appointing such a t*** in the first place but if this is who kinnear wants then it's who he wants

Who knows? It often seems like we are running two parallel systems. The "management structure" supposedly scouting for younger players who are then bought with no recourse to the manager and the manager's own targets bought from another transfer fund. It's as if Kinnear has been told we've got £5m and we are bringing in Carlos Kickaball and Julio Geordio, you have £5m have a look around and see who you fancy, here is Willie McKay's list of clients.

Either way the system seems fragmented with no clear leadership or direction and no communication between the actual parties themselves (Kinnear, Ashley, Ashley's cronies, Wise etc)

do you have anything to suggest this isn't just JFK's target and f*** all to do with ashley?  hardly fits in with the "policy" and "transfer team" thing does it?  signing someone of his age, price and wage bracket

granted ashley has to take the fall for appointing such a t*** in the first place but if this is who kinnear wants then it's who he wants

Who knows? It often seems like we are running two parallel systems. The "management structure" supposedly scouting for younger players who are then bought with no recourse to the manager and the manager's own targets bought from another transfer fund. It's as if Kinnear has been told we've got £5m and we are bringing in Carlos Kickaball and Julio Geordio, you have £5m have a look around and see who you fancy, here is Willie McKay's list of clients.

Either way the system seems fragmented with no clear leadership or direction and no communication between the actual parties themselves (Kinnear, Ashley, Ashley's cronies, Wise etc)

pretty much agree with that, have said all along though if it was a case of 5m, 6m or however much being given to JFK or Wise et al i'd go with the latter everyday as i haven't the slightest ounce of faith in JFK to choose a decent player

fair enough for 4-5m you're gonna struggle to find a gtreat CM but i'd be inclinded to look lower league or abroad than for the likes of barry fucking ferguson

Barry Ferguson hasn't had a good game since Kinnear was last in management (funny that) he was shite at Blackburn and he's got worse since, Rangers fans want him gone because he can't keep up in the SPL (FFS)

pretty much agree with that, have said all along though if it was a case of 5m, 6m or however much being given to JFK or Wise et al i'd go with the latter everyday as i haven't the slightest ounce of faith in JFK to choose a decent player

fair enough for 4-5m you're gonna struggle to find a gtreat CM but i'd be inclinded to look lower league or abroad than for the likes of barry fucking ferguson

Spot on. No doubt Wise will quietly pull the plug on this sort of deal then bring in his own players. If this is Kinnears idea of a good signing then it's probably just as well. I don't see what Ferguson offers us that Geremi doesn't.

fair enough for 4-5m you're gonna struggle to find a gtreat CM but i'd be inclinded to look lower league or abroad than for the likes of barry f***ing ferguson

Spot on. No doubt Wise will quietly pull the plug on this sort of deal then bring in his own players. If this is Kinnears idea of a good signing then it's probably just as well. I don't see what Ferguson offers us that Geremi doesn't.

If they didn't trust KK's judgement after 3 years or so out of the game I can't see them trusting JFK who was out longer.

Hopefully at worst we asked if we could 'loan' him.

Guest jonlane86

At least with Ashley here the Club is in a stable financial position, and we are finally trying to run it as a business.  If we stay in the league this year I will be happy regardless of where the Mackems/Smogs finish, personally I'd sell Given and use the money to buy a striker.  Harper a more than able replacement and Forster and Krul are two very good prospects.  RE: Barry Ferguson I think it would be an excellent signing and would give more talent and passion to the side.

At least with Ashley here the Club is in a stable financial position, and we are finally trying to run it as a business.  If we stay in the league this year I will be happy regardless of where the Mackems/Smogs finish, personally I'd sell Given and use the money to buy a striker.  Harper a more than able replacement and Forster and Krul are two very good prospects.  RE: Barry Ferguson I think it would be an excellent signing and would give more talent and passion to the side.

WAH!!!!!!!!

Please tell me that was a WAH................. :doh:

piss take, surely?

The people who put up with this from Ashley, then Ridicule Keegan for taking a stand, should be Taken outside and Shot in the head.Thier brains are beyond saving.

The people who put up with this from Ashley, then Ridicule Keegan for taking a stand, should be Taken outside and Shot in the head.Thier brains are beyond saving.

he didn't take a stand man, he fucked off and is now suing the club he pertains to love, what do you think he'll do with the millions he didn't earn if he wins?  donate it for new players

a stand would have been to stay and vocally, as manager, tear to shreds the system, wise & ashley forcing them to actually sack him or back him, no?

Well quite, the thing which bemuses me is at what point did people decide to settle for such mediocrity?

Yes, we are not going to challenge Man Utd, Chelsea etc any time soon but does that mean we should top trying?

One of the reasons I hate Liverpool so much (more than the Mackems) is because I'm so bloody jealous. When I see them I see us, I see what we should have been.

To settle for lower mid table anonymity with Portsmouth and f***ing Bolton is mind numbing. We may be s**** at the moment be we are, still, one of the richest and best supported teams in the WORLD!! Check the stats.

:suicide:

he didn't take a stand man, he fucked off and is now suing the club he pertains to love, what do you think he'll do with the millions he didn't earn if he wins?  donate it for new players

a stand have been to stay and vocally, as manager, tear to shreds the system, wise & ashley forcing them to actually sack him or back him, no?

hang on ill fetch, the gun.

a stand have been to stay and vocally, as manager, tear to shreds the system, wise & ashley forcing them to actually sack him or back him, no?

righto

EDIT: fuck it, why can't you actually debate a point?  you spout stuff out then when someone calls you on it your lip goes out...fucking back yourself up man, what stand did KK take exactly?

Guest jonlane86

piss take, surely?

obviously you would rather we ended up where leeds were instead of trying to build over a period of 5/10 years.  If we actually can bring in good young talent (i.e. Guttierez, Guthrie, Bassong) and do that on a continual basis rather than wasting money on players like Luque, Bramble, Viana, then we will succeed in time.  At least for the first time in years the club is safe Financially with assets such as Shay Given who we CAN afford to sell.

piss take, surely?

obviously you would rather we ended up where leeds were instead of trying to build over a period of 5/10 years.  If we actually can bring in good young talent (i.e. Guttierez, Guthrie, Bassong) and do that on a continual basis rather than wasting money on players like Luque, Bramble, Viana, then we will succeed in time.  At least for the first time in years the club is safe Financially with assets such as Shay Given who we CAN afford to sell.

yes, yes that's exactly what i want

righto

EDIT: fuck it, why can't you actually debate a point?  you spout stuff out then when someone calls you on it your lip goes out...fucking back yourself up man, what stand did KK take exactly?

you just like arguing for the sake of it. Even though Favouring Ashley is a hopeless position.

KK took a stand on his principles, he couldnt work under Denis wise, so he left, i call that standing by your priciples,.. you wont understand tho, if you havent got any yourself.

this will just run round in circles,.. I believe in What Keegan did here last time, and i believe , backed up he could have repeated it.

you show me a manager that did better than KK here , in my lifetime,..........................................

Guest The Libertine

righto

you just like arguing for the sake of it. Even though Favouring Ashley is a hopeless position.

KK took a stand on his principles, he couldnt work under Denis wise, so he left, i call that standing by your priciples,.. you wont understand tho, if you havent got any yourself.

this will just run round in circles,.. I believe in What Keegan did here last time, and i believe , backed up he could have repeated it.

you show me a manager that did better than KK here , in my lifetime,..........................................

mental. how can anyone think that? will we be 12 points clear in this league at any point in the next 20 years?

righto

mental. how can anyone think that? will we be 12 points clear in this league at any point in the next 20 years?

mental. in our current position, to ridicule ambition.

i'll call someone out when i think they're talking bollox, yeah;

in this instance i don't consider what he did taking a stand, yeah he stuck with his principles sure, but manifested those principles were to walk away and not "take a stand"...his principles are now to seek millions of pounds from the club, i.e. people like yourself who worship him

we have different definitions of principles it seems but don't try to tell me i haven't got any

you patently can't read well enough to see a distinction in what i and others write about KK...you're quite correct to say what you say about his achievements and he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime too no arguments there

i don't see that conceding that means i should accept what he did in the summer, for some reason you appear to think he can do no wrong - again consider what i said earlier about the effect he could have had if he'd stayed and put public pressure on ashley as manager...wouldn't we likely be much better off now?

Guest The Libertine

righto

mental. in our current position, to ridicule ambition.

ambition or delusion? keegan probably has 10 years left as a manager so would we be challenging for the league in 10 years?