Hull City 0 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 03/01/09 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Oh, and why the fuck Kinnear didnt bring anyone on I'll never know. Carroll should have come off, he was very quiet second half.

I'd also happily see Steve Harper in centre midfield if it meant getting Butt off as well.

Guest Chris P

No wonder Owen's waiting on his contract. That was shit, and if anyone thinks that any footballer of any merit want's to join this Football Club , then they're out of there minds.

Guest firetotheworks

Given- 7- Some decent stops and one fantastic one.

Taylor- 7- Didnt do anytghing wrong

Enrique- 6.5- Did okay

Colo-7- Not many problems

Bassong- 8- Stroll in the park

Nzogbia- 5- Injured

Butt-4- Contributes next to nothing

Guthrie- 6- Final ball lacking

Duff- 6.5- Up and down

Owen-5- Some poor misses

Carroll-4- Not up to scratch

Guttierez- 8- Best attacking threat

JFK-7- Decent result (although the replay will be a soulless affair) and switching Guttierez on the left worked well. Should have hooked Carroll though for Xisco. The Spaniard now surely must realise he wont get a look in under Kinnear.

Agree with all of that. Down to the last word.

Guest BooBoo

No wonder Owen's waiting on his contract. That was shit, and if anyone thinks that any footballer of any merit want's to join this Football Club , then they're out of there minds.

It really wasnt that bad. And i'm not shy slagging performances and players when they dont produce.

Owen was one of our worst players today. Started brightly with good movement but missed lots of good chances, and had a poor first touch, especially second half.

Good performance,I would have taken a performance and result before hand tbh

Given -8

Taylor-6.5

Colo-7

Bassong-9

Enrique-6

Duff-7

Butt- -200 [a poor display even for him,jk has to grow balls and drop him]

Guthrie-8 [looked like Pele beside Butt]

Zog-4

Owen-5 [His chances cost us the win]

Carroll-4[Good start,but terrible in the second half,should have being taken off]

Jonas-8.5[Has to be kept on the left,best performance since Man u]

It really wasnt that bad. And i'm not shy slagging performances and players when they dont produce.

Was a good entertaining game. In the league, I'd have been happy with the result, but as a cup tie, I felt Kinnear has missed a great chance to try and win it.

I'm very pleased with the reaction of the players after the shite of last weekend, very good that they aren't feeling sorry for themselves and came out fighting. Thought we played well, Guttierrez was excellent on the left like, he should play there more often. I also miss Martins and think Carroll will never make it at this level, Xisco has shown he can cut it in a good league and he's only a year older than 'Big Andy' so why isn't he getting a look in? JK is so inept at decision making.

Also glad after the Liverpool game Colo had a decent shift, he could have done a Boumsong but he didn't and made some impressive interceptions.

Was a good entertaining game. In the league, I'd have been happy with the result, but as a cup tie, I felt Kinnear has missed a great chance to try and win it.

Agreed. Not necassarily gonna slate him cos he made a good (obvious) decision switching Jonas onto the left... but there was no reason why he shouldn't have made any more subs.

Guest BooBoo

Aye, he wasnt particularly adventerous. Maybe Kazenga could have come on for one of the central midfielders. Overall though I think Kinnear will spout the "happy to put the Liverpool game behind us....put in a good shift....pleased to get them back to St James'"

Guest The German

Carroll will never make it at this level

You want to tell a  19 year old teengager that he will never be a good footballer just because he played one match bad. Jesus Christ  :idiot2:

Owen can leave and we can use his wages pay someone with pace, aggression and strength to run around up front afaic. Not arsed about him being here if he cant put away the chances he had today.

Duff had another good game, thought he deserved his starting place.

Jonas's best game since his prem debut.

Bassong was excellent, tidy when he needed to be. We defended set pieces today because he is in the side.

Butt and Enrique were the weak links yet again.

f***ing hell, that was so frustrating. Did Kinnear realise it was a cup tie or what, f***'s sake man.

Game was there to be won and he just refused to change things - now we've got to play another game. Great.

That is incredibly unfair imo and I was (am) at the  game. I give credit to Kinnear for a positice selection, and for his tactics, and to the team for attacking whenever they could. Bassong, Given and Jonas superb, Guthrie too until he faded. Butt now so slow as to be a real liability. Defence looks a zilion times better with Bassong part of it. Ref wasn't perfect and Owen looked like he was denied a stonewall penalty but generally ref stood up to horrible, wingeing, fouling Hull. i couldn't watch them every week and without Geovvani, they would be f....d. I now also understand why Guthrie lost his temper with Fagan at SJP. Pretty impressive performance all in all imo.

Guest sittingontheball

Aye, Xisco deserved at least 10 minutes. Butt was shite and not far off getting sent off.

We'll see what we can do without him against W Ham.

On the whole, not great but not too bad. The match was very entertaining. Thought the ref did well on the whole. Possible penalty for Owen but maybe handball from Taylor too. We had the best chances, but didn't hit the target enough. With an inexperienced keeper, you've got to test him more.