We could do a lot worse than...

Dave

Has Arry not signed to Defoe to play up front with Bent?

Might be too samey IMO.  Neither is the most intelligent, creative or great at holding it up and both have a tendency to have nothing on their mind but having a shot.  Nowt wrong with that, but I'm not sure you'd want two of them in your team.

Would love it if any money that was available was used to bolster the center of midfield.

Oh of course in theory I'd love to see us spend the kind of money we'd need to get Bent(!) on a proper midfielder right now. But that still wouldn't address the issue of our striking options once the season is out. In fact considering the performances of Viduka this year, the fitness problems Oba has and the continuing absense of Xisco, we're left with Michael 'I'm still made of glass y'know' Owen as our only option. I wouldn't complain if we spent big on Bent, that's what I'm saying. It kills a couple of birds with one stone.

You forgot Alan Smith.

It's the same argument all over again, but I have no idea how good our forwards are when they rarely have any reliable service. Jonas works his socks off to get the ball forward, but he's usually the only one.

Would love it if any money that was available was used to bolster the center of midfield.

Oh of course in theory I'd love to see us spend the kind of money we'd need to get Bent(!) on a proper midfielder right now. But that still wouldn't address the issue of our striking options once the season is out. In fact considering the performances of Viduka this year, the fitness problems Oba has and the continuing absense of Xisco, we're left with Michael 'I'm still made of glass y'know' Owen as our only option. I wouldn't complain if we spent big on Bent, that's what I'm saying. It kills a couple of birds with one stone.

You forgot Alan Smith.

It's the same argument all over again, but I have no idea how good our forwards are when they rarely have any reliable service. Jonas works his socks off to get the ball forward, but he's usually the only one.

I didn't forget him, I disregarded him.

Fair comment on the service.  :thup:

Finding a replacement for Butt should be the priority this month, imo. If it's Gutrie, bench Butt and find a player that can put the forwards in a position to make something happen.

Finding a replacement for Butt should be the priority this month, imo. If it's Gutrie, bench Butt and find a player that can put the forwards in a position to make something happen.

I.e. actually pass to them.

:lol: You make it sound so easy.

Guest black n white

in my dreams............zzzzzzzzzzzzzz scores the winner against the mackems

agree with the comment that he was brought back to partner defoe

I didn't forget him, I disregarded him.

Fair comment on the service.  :thup:

Thanks for reminding me about Smith - I almost forgot about him.

F*ck - Butt, Ameobi, Smith, Duff (14th richest player in the league wtf) - it's so depressing how many jokers we have in our team...especially when the manager is the ONLY person in the whole world who backs them  :weep:

Darren Bent is ready to quit Spurs following the return of £15million love rival Jermain Defoe.

They fell out last year over a number of issues, including a bust-up over a former girlfriend.

Bent is believed to be devastated at Defoe's return and would welcome the chance to resurrect his career at a northern club such as Newcastle or Everton.

Boss Harry Redknapp is believed to be willing to listen to offers for the former Charlton marksman.

Bent and Defoe were rivals over a string of issues - both on and off the pitch - last year during Defoe's first spell at Spurs.

They ranged from football and friends to the height of their public profile.

It is believed Bent even tried to date ex-Celebrity Big Brother contestant Chantelle Houghton afterDefoe had dated her, but was turned down.

Bent's relationship with some of his other team-mates at Spurs has also deteriorated.

It is understood some players were unimpressed at a lack of respect shown to Ledley King in a dressing-room incident last year after the club captain had returned from treatment in America.

With Defoe certain to command a first-team place under boss Redknapp and Roman Pavlyuchenko in stunning form, there appears no place in the Spurs starting line-up for Bent - even though he was their only source of goals earlier this season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/10/darren-bent-ready-to-quit-tottenham-following-jermain-defoe-return-115875-21029477/

Please note this is from the Mirror who adopt a scatter gun theory to linking players with clubs as it makes them get some right in the long run.

I had this convo last night with my mate. He just finished playing in a match against Rangers reserves, got beat 4-1. So I asked him about Ferguson as a replacement for Butt as I dont much about him. He reckons once he is over his injury he will still cut it in the prem and will actually find Owen and Martins with passes unlike most of our midfield. He reckons Rangers will except A slightly higher bid.