Booing at the game today...

Stu

Whats the point man, wheres the heart and soul of football. Booing players for mistakes, booing the whole team when the ball goes out, I thought that when it all comes down to it, at least you can be proud of the support given by the fans, not anymore. Do people think we're Real Madrid? The ground is filled with hostility so easily, yet hardly a peep is made for a good pass most of the time.

I saw someone on another thread going on about the way in which Owen celebrated his goal.

Are Newcastle fans really that bad?

Can't speak for other areas of the ground, but in the Milburn stand there was a definite change from boos to cheers as Geremi waddled over the line and Zoggy ran on.

Might have been different in other areas of the ground - but a lot of the booing was towards Geremi's inept second half performance.

It was a mixture for sure. Quite certain Zog was booed in some sections when coming on.

Whats the point man, wheres the heart and soul of football. Booing players for mistakes, booing the whole team when the ball goes out, I thought that when it all comes down to it, at least you can be proud of the support given by the fans, not anymore. Do people think we're Real Madrid? The ground is filled with hostility so easily, yet hardly a peep is made for a good pass most of the time.

I saw someone on another thread going on about the way in which Owen celebrated his goal.

I think that lad was being sarcastic to prove a point about Owen not caring about NUFC.

Expect more of this as the season progresses - IF the club goes down, expect an attendance of 15,000 at the last home game ; in 77/78 there were 7,700 against Norwich in the last match at SJP....

Would not have a problem if those season-ticket holders/fans who are only at the game to whinge and complain would fuck off and stay away for a while. It might help to improve the fortunes of the club in the long run if we went down to 30,000 or so for a while

Guest toonlass

I'm waiting for the day that the boo boys boo a goal from us, as it means they haven't got something to whinge about. However Geremi was consistantly shocking yesterday.

I think that lad was being sarcastic to prove a point about Owen not caring about NUFC.

Expect more of this as the season progresses - IF the club goes down, expect an attendance of 15,000 at the last home game ; in 77/78 there were 7,700 against Norwich in the last match at SJP....

Would not have a problem if those season-ticket holders/fans who are only at the game to whinge and complain would f*** off and stay away for a while. It might help to improve the fortunes of the club in the long run if we went down to 30,000 or so for a while

Whilst it would concentrate the owner's mind wonderfully, low attendances can NEVER improve the club's future as revenue is lost..

Would not have a problem if those season-ticket holders/fans who are only at the game to whinge and complain would f*** off and stay away for a while. It might help to improve the fortunes of the club in the long run if we went down to 30,000 or so for a while

Whilst it would concentrate the owner's mind wonderfully, low attendances can NEVER improve the club's future as revenue is lost..

Aye, short-term losses never ever lead to long term gains.

It's the modern football fan for you (the booing of Geremi) I'd say that plenty fans will have become fed up of how the club is ran and the performance of some of the players - and so it's the latter who bear the brunt. It's been brewing for a long time.

As for the boos for Charlie - no problem with it, when he clearly doesn't give a flying one about the fans or the club.

Nail on head.

Nah, good passes are always well applauded.

Guest neesy111

the booing towards geremi was shocking, but i can't believe some fan's will stick up for charlie

when we have players training for around 20-25 hours a week and they can't even take a fucking corner then you know something is horribly wrong with the football club in general

charlie can fuck off he should not even be in the team if he doesn't want to be here, and the fact is he has no output whatsover

Was a fkn disgrace, booing Geremi off and Zoggy on, Shay says he wants away and gets his name sang, Zoggy gets grief, we still need Zoggy to stay and he did mint when he came on yesterday.

If the club feel the fans have turned against him then they will sell him.

Was a fkn disgrace, booing Geremi off and Zoggy on, Shay says he wants away and gets his name sang, Zoggy gets grief, we still need Zoggy to stay and he did mint when he came on yesterday.

Tbh Skirge the club don't give a fuck what we think. They've proved that over the last six months.

By, what, 10 fans? Theres loads of times someone like Enrique will play some nice one-two's, win some tackles, and its dead silence, as if its expected. But a mistake, oh no massive noise needs to be made for that, is it any suprise some players dont want the ball? Booing players after a mistake man ffs, so fickle, sh*t support thats what it is. Lets play at SJP if front of this sh*t support, who love to give us grief & boo when we (we bieng Real Madrid of course) make mistakes. If only we could take the piss out of other fans like Arsenal who have sh*t support at home, and boo their own players. Shame we're no different.

By, what, 10 fans? Theres loads of times someone like Enrique will play some nice one-two's, win some tackles, and its dead silence, as if its expected. But a mistake, oh no massive noise needs to be made for that, is it any suprise some players dont want the ball? Booing players after a mistake man ffs, so fickle, sh*t support thats what it is. Lets play at SJP if front of this sh*t support, who love to give us grief & boo when we (we bieng Real Madrid of course) make mistakes. If only we could take the piss out of other fans like Arsenal who have sh*t support at home, and boo their own players. Shame we're no different.

its sad but its true, been saying it for ages

It was a well known fact in football that our fans were the loudest of all but ts not been that way for years, this club has drained the life out of us season after season for about the last 7 years. Our noise came from passion and blind faith in our club but we are only human and can only take so muchbefore the optimism dies and depression sets in, its hard to pick yourslef up game after game when there is nothing much to sing  about. I hate booing and I hate people being negitive but I can understand it, I am at the point where I am thinking long and hard before I decide if I will renew my season ticket for next season., all it takes is to cancel the direct debit and job done. Its a mess and the club do not seem like they are going to make things better any time soon.

The booing comes from that frustration and everyone knows its whats makking players like Given Zoggy and Owen think about their future here once the players make it clear they think its a mess then its downhill fast.

It was a well known fact in football that our fans were the loudest of all but ts not been that way for years, this club has drained the life out of us season after season for about the last 7 years. Our noise came from passion and blind faith in our club but we are only human and can only take so muchbefore the optimism dies and depression sets in, its hard to pick yourslef up game after game when there is nothing much to sing  about. I hate booing and I hate people being negitive but I can understand it, I am at the point where I am thinking long and hard before I decide if I will renew my season ticket for next season., all it takes is to cancel the direct debit and job done. Its a mess and the club do not seem like they are going to make things better any time soon.

The booing comes from that frustration and everyone knows its whats makking players like Given Zoggy and Owen think about their future here once the players make it clear they think its a mess then its downhill fast.

So was club draining the life out of the fans when it finished 5th and there was booing? Had Laurent Robert drained the life out of the fans when he was booed? Had Carl Cort drain the life out of the fans when he was being ironically cheered off? Or when we'd finished 3rd the season before but when Gary Speed got bucket loads of stick?

The fans were sh*t when we were doing well, but 5th place was a crisis wasnt it? Its ironic really, everyone kicks off at the 'mess' the club is 'in' around that period, so when the REAL mess comes along you could say its simply what some fans deserve when they couldnt appreciate better times, and that things wernt that bad when we finsihed 5th.

Yes its a total mess, the way the club is bieng run is a shambles. But surley you should always be able to stand by and say 'at least we have magnificent support at SJP'. Is Geremi in charge of the club like? Yes I can understand frusration and annoyance, but surley the fact that a player is wearing a black & white shirt should put a barrier up in your mind not to go far as to boo that player, when he's your player.

Souness was right, 20,000 supporters, 30,000 customers. (and thats bieng kind)

So was club draining the life out of the fans when it finished 5th and there was booing? Had Laurent Robert drained the life out of the fans when he was booed? Had Carl Cort drain the life out of the fans when he was being ironically cheered off? Or when we'd finished 3rd the season before but when Gary Speed got bucket loads of stick?

The fans were sh*t when we were doing well, but 5th place was a crisis wasnt it? Its ironic really, everyone kicks off at the 'mess' the club is 'in' around that period, so when the REAL mess comes along you could say its simply what some fans deserve when they couldnt appreciate better times, and that things wernt that bad when we finsihed 5th.

Yes its a total mess, the way the club is bieng run is a shambles. But surley you should always be able to stand by and say 'at least we have magnificent support at SJP'. Is Geremi in charge of the club like? Yes I can understand frusration and annoyance, but surley the fact that a player is wearing a black & white shirt should put a barrier up in your mind not to go far as to boo that player, when he's your player.

Souness was right, 20,000 supporters, 30,000 customers.

I agree 100% we should never ever boo our own players but tis not just the booing its also the lack of atmosphere, there is no noise but there is plenty of frustration and dismay. I cannot see when things are going to bet better and the longer the club is in this mess the worse its going to get in the stands.

Comparing Given to N'Zogbia beggars belief.

And N'Zogbia picking up £30/40,000  a week (conservative estimate) , giving half hearted displays and saying he's flatttered that a "big club" like Villa is interested in him no matter what the circumstance is disgraceful.

And a bloody great slap in the face to us that pay his wages.

Once or twice I can forgive but he's a repeat offender.

The fans were sh*t when we were doing well, but 5th place was a crisis wasnt it? Its ironic really, everyone kicks off at the 'mess' the club is 'in' around that period, so when the REAL mess comes along you could say its simply what some fans deserve when they couldnt appreciate better times, and that things wernt that bad when we finsihed 5th.[b/]

Souness was right, 20,000 supporters, 30,000 customers. (and thats bieng kind)

Well said. :clap: