Allardyce!

steve_69

A big team involved in the UEFA cup is worth a lot more than a big team in a relegation scrap, not least because of the stability it offers from an investment perspective.

I reckon another £20m invested in the team and Keegan still at the helm would've got us pretty close to UEFA qualification this season. That makes us a much more attractive proposition for potential buyers. As it is, we're miles off!

ashley said the thing about having a lucky number was bollocks. he also said to someone on here that players like smith were 'the future of the club', probably a line fed to him by allardyce which he parroted from not knowing any better.

As I said in the other thread, the strange thing about Allardyce is he was much more suited to Ashley's vision for the club than Keegan.

Apart from the fact that even Ashley wants to watch entertaining football.

I'm not convinced. You need good players for that.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent all this money on the club (in the first place at least before you start on about transfers) to watch a dull side.

No he bought it to make more money. The football played is irrelevant as long as it's cheap.

Ah OK. And you know this how?

From his actions since he bought the club. It's fairly obvious if you don't take every opportunity to stuff yourself up his hoop.

you could make the argument that his actions since taking over have drove the value of the club down,less incoming monies, making it less likely he'll make money on his investment.

Less incoming money how? The Sky money is the same for everyone and he's already got most people's season ticket money.

how many do you think would have renewed had we been top 6 as opposed too how many already have ? i'll bet if we do make an operating profit it will be minimal.

ashley said the thing about having a lucky number was bollocks. he also said to someone on here that players like smith were 'the future of the club', probably a line fed to him by allardyce which he parroted from not knowing any better.

I never rated him that highly myself but I for one didn't expect Smith to be as abysmal as he has turned out to be. So in that sense he has been a disappointment. When he first came here he was still fairly well rated by a lot of people (including Ferguson), so I don't hold anything against those who supported him in the early days.

It's a very petty and trivial way of getting at Ashley if you ask me.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I think I must be in the minority who didn't want him to leave.

Me to, I think we would be much better now if he had stayed.

As I said in the other thread, the strange thing about Allardyce is he was much more suited to Ashley's vision for the club than Keegan.

Apart from the fact that even Ashley wants to watch entertaining football.

I'm not convinced. You need good players for that.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent all this money on the club (in the first place at least before you start on about transfers) to watch a dull side.

No he bought it to make more money. The football played is irrelevant as long as it's cheap.

Ah OK. And you know this how?

From his actions since he bought the club. It's fairly obvious if you don't take every opportunity to stuff yourself up his hoop.

you could make the argument that his actions since taking over have drove the value of the club down,less incoming monies, making it less likely he'll make money on his investment.

Less incoming money how? The Sky money is the same for everyone and he's already got most people's season ticket money.

how many do you think would have renewed had we been top 6 as opposed too how many already have ? i'll bet if we do make an operating profit it will be minimal.

The majority have already renewed because of the KK effect. Spending the money required to get us into the top six would have just been a waste as far as Ashley's concerned. 10,000 more 3-year season tickets is less than £15m. Why bother?

I think the profit will be massive because there's no longer a mortgage to pay off - all ticket cash goes direct to the club now.

I never rated him that highly myself but I for one didn't expect Smith to be as abysmal as he has turned out to be. So in that sense he has been a disappointment. When he first came here he was still fairly well rated by a lot of people (including Ferguson), so I don't hold anything against those who supported him in the early days.

i go along withn that. i thought the money could have been better spent and he was a player we didn't particularly need but i didn't thiink he'd be as bad as he has been.

i go along withn that. i thought the money could have been better spent and he was a player we didn't particularly need but i didn't thiink he'd be as bad as he has been.

Yeah, I sort of took him as a signing we undertook simply because he was on the market and would improve the squad, as opposed to being a player in a position that really needed reinforcing.

Agreed. Im not saying I like the Ashley vision but Allardyce is the man for that vision. Keegan was the man for our vision. Kinnear is the man for chuckle vision...

His argument is irrelevant, first few games, he said he didn't want to overcomplicate things, so got us going with simple tactics with players in the right positions, and it was actually when he tried to implement his methods that everything went wrong.

There should not be any revisionist history shit about Allardyce's reign. It was bad, really bad. And his idiotic comments to the press since then have only made my estimation of him drop further.

Let's also not forget that the whole reason Ashley started off with his "system" in the first place was because Allardyce's summer signings were such epic failures.

Let's also not forget that the whole reason Ashley started off with his "system" in the first place was because Allardyce's summer signings were such epic failures.

Was it? is that fact or just your opinion?

Logical reasoning that pretty much anyone can reach.

There's also quotes out that support it out there somewhere, which I can't be bothered to dig up.

Huh?  Compared to Souness he looks like a fucking mastermind.

Well, I'll give you Smith and Rozehnal. And Barton, I guess (though I still think he can come through).  Viduka, Cacapa, and Geremi were free.  Wouldn't call Enrique an epic failure. Beye and Faye were damn good. 

Huh?  Compared to Souness he looks like a f***ing mastermind.

Well, I'll give you Smith and Rozehnal. And Barton, I guess (though I still think he can come through).  Viduka, Cacapa, and Geremi were free.  Wouldn't call Enrique an epic failure. Beye and Faye were damn good. 

13.5 million on utter, unmitigated failures.

6 million more on a fullback that struggled to get into the team at the time.

That's epic enough for me.

21  years old and an epic failure. BS.

Mort said something to the effect of "we weren't happy about how shit went down in the summer so we brought in some new people."

Again, can't be bothered to find it.

Exactly. So, logically...

If... she... weighs... the same as a duck,... she's made of wood.

And therefore?

A witch!

Then I dub you 'Sir Bedevere, Knight of the Round Table'.

21  years old and an epic failure. BS.

I'm not saying that Enrique is an epic failure I'm saying Allardyce's transfer policy was.

Mort said something to the effect of "we weren't happy about how s*** went down in the summer so we brought in some new people."

And therefore?

A witch!

Attempting to be patronizing fails so badly when you're not smart enough to do it.

Mort said something to the effect of "we weren't happy about how s*** went down in the summer so we brought in some new people."

And therefore?

A witch!

;D ;D ;D

And therefore?

A witch!

Attempting to be patronizing fails so badly when you're not smart enough to do it.

Smart enough for you