Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 Newcastle - 17/01/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM TILL THE PENALTY

yes but even then we werent that good.

poor excuse of a manager f***ing lost this game. ok, so the penalty spurred them but christ, then we fell apart. a good team would have just got on with the job. Once again though we offer f*** all in the front 6. owen was f***ing useless as usual and those of you who worship at his feet and live on a reputation that was built years ago, but has not been supported while he is here can f*** off.

some people said after the hull game, ah he missed 3 today but it means he will score today. maybe 4 years ago, but you now have to relaise he is f***ing s*** as a striker. Keegan got the best out of him not playing him there cos his legs have gone. s*** in attack, s*** without the ball = OWEN.

some users need to realise that.

:lol:

Idiot...absolute idiot. Not many "shit strikers" would score 10 goals in that team would they.

:lol:  You know exactly what I mean.

Before the penalty that never was, Blackburn didn't look like they stood a chance. The goal brought them to life, our heads dropped, and it's been downhill ever since. The penalty changed the game.

A couple of years ago, under Bobby Robson, we used to come back and win games after a goal against. For some reason, it rarely happens under poor management. Weird, isn't it.

Guest LucaAltieri

Give it a couple of hours. Rational eyes will see it. You've got no chance at the moment.

Referee cost us this game with an honourable mention to poor finishing.

It's 3-0. Do we play first goal wins or something?

:lol:  You know exactly what I mean.

Before the penalty that never was, Blackburn didn't look like they stood a chance. The goal brought them to life, our heads dropped, and it's been downhill ever since. The penalty changed the game.

The heads aren't supposed to drop!  It shouldn't be taken for granted that professional footballers just give up when a bad referee costs them a goal. 

Players are human. Of course it takes the wind out of your sails. No amount of professionalism or earning £50k a week will change that.

Chelsea managed it today, so did Villa, so did Man U.

It isn't the salary, it isn't the technical ability, it is called character. 

Partly character, partly self-belief, partly reputation... I agree...

Given that we've come back from behind countless times this season you can't really be suggesting that we lack the character to do so?

The difference today was we'd been banging away and should have really been ahead. The goal deflated us and was followed quickly by a second.

It also helps if you're in a side pushing for Europe/The Title rather than trying to avoid the drop.

Well looking on bright side  Joe has been offered a lucrative contract! :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

And Shola has signed a new contract!  :idiot2:

yes but even then we werent that good.

poor excuse of a manager f***ing lost this game. ok, so the penalty spurred them but christ, then we fell apart. a good team would have just got on with the job. Once again though we offer f*** all in the front 6. owen was f***ing useless as usual and those of you who worship at his feet and live on a reputation that was built years ago, but has not been supported while he is here can f*** off.

some people said after the hull game, ah he missed 3 today but it means he will score today. maybe 4 years ago, but you now have to relaise he is f***ing s*** as a striker. Keegan got the best out of him not playing him there cos his legs have gone. s*** in attack, s*** without the ball = OWEN.

some users need to realise that.

Idiot...absolute idiot. Not many "s*** strikers" would score 10 goals in that team would they.

depends how many chances they get. yes he has scored some but then how many clear cut has he missed. he is no longer world class, even class. he is just average. if you want list, you can have a bloody list

It really is so bad that I would be happy to see FFS back. At least he communicated with the fans. Ashley says f*ck all. Pie eating t*at.

All I got to say is L-O-L  mackems.gif

f*** off. This mess is anything but funny.

Yes, and as it's getting WORSE and this pillock of a manager is sitting on his hands saying this and that and actually doing (anything but) sweet FA, we'd better start singing "We are in the Championship, dear friends" to the tune of "We are the champions"

Guest LucaAltieri

The penalty was a f***ing joke. But it was scored with A THIRD OF THE MATCH remaining.

If we were indeed the better team we'd have come back into it, rather than collapsing to a 3-0 raping.

Aye, then we were hit by a second 5 minutes later from a long ball.

So we were 2-0 down with less than a third of the match remaining.

Knock-on effect.

I take your point, but for me it was the penalty that changed the game. We did not deserve a 3-0 loss on that performance.

We deserved fuck all from that game, wasn't a pen but still plenty of time and we just fucking gave up.

Our performance following the goal wasn't great. I agree. If we'd played another 10 minutes gradually building back up a head of steam we may well have gotten ourselves back into the game. Unfortunately their second came so quickly after the first. Coming back from 2-0 is an entirely different prospect. Particularly when nothing seems to be going right for you... good play but unable to put it in the net, then the penalty that shouldn't have been, then the red card... do we really expect players to be tearing forward full of confidence after that?

i'm talking about 6 yards out vs wigan, spurs, fulham, and the fact that he could have had at least 4 versus hull over the 2 games. we would still be in the cup if he had put some of those away. he offers no outlet and this is a big problem for us at the moment. he is too slow for the ball over the top but him dropping deep means you only have 1 upfront. we need pace up there and he has none. Ineffective as usual.

The referee didnt cost us the match man. Wake up, the score was 3-0.

Do you need reminding what the score was when they got the pen, FFS ?

All I got to say is L-O-L  mackems.gif

f*** off. This mess is anything but funny.

It is actually. Not surprised by the current mess. Newcastle United has consistently (direct or indiretcly) worked towards this. I'm really surprise that it is possible to run a football club/business as bad as NUFC has been run in recent years (at least since the Robson era). Only on thing to say... impossible is nothing  :clap:

we were cheated on the pen but a crap side still went on to score another 2. If we were half decent we should have had the character to try and get back in it. as it was we fell apart. do you think man u or chelsea would have fallen apart at 1-0 and with 30 minutes to go. i think not.

Guest LucaAltieri

we were cheated on the pen but a crap side still went on to score another 2. If we were half decent we should have had the character to try and get back in it. as it was we fell apart. do you think man u or chelsea would have fallen apart at 1-0 and with 30 minutes to go. i think not.

Aye, but would Boro? The mackems? Spurs? Portsmouth? ... or on the flip side, if Blackburn had dominated only for us to be given a penalty, would that have opened the floodgates for them?

Those are better comparisons to make. We aren't Man United or Chelsea.

He's missed no more or less than any other striker this season. In fact, wasn't there a stat recently which said he had the best finishing record in the league this season?

Yeah, it was from The Bumper Book of Bullshit Statistics.

At times like this Michael (world class) Owen should be stepping up to the plate and helping to drag us out of the shit. Instead he's doing fuck all but miss chance after chance after chance.

Guest LucaAltieri

What happened between enrique and barton

Enrique lost the ball which (eventually) led to the 3rd. Barton had words with him and someone had to drag him away.