Spending Our Way Out of Trouble

johnnypd

Xisco is young he was bought to develop he was not bought as a first team regular.

We need some Right Back steel so Finnan, at least 2 central midfielders, Mbia, and a more creative force, and a big striker shippin Smith off at the same time. But we need a big man with some class, someone who can link and is not some clogger like Sidibie.

Xisco was 22 when he signed. i consider youth signings as those aged 18 or under to play for the academy or reserve sides, not someone who has played almost 50 la liga games.

Anyone who hasnt peaked yet is in the youth part of their career and are still developing though. Name one player who has peaked at 22.

that's not to say a player isn't bought with an eye on future, for instance a 24 year old who hasnt peaked yet or even players like Bale or Gunther. but they are first team signings, not academy ones. any player going into the first team squad should be signed by the manager.

Xisco is young he was bought to develop he was not bought as a first team regular.

We need some Right Back steel so Finnan, at least 2 central midfielders, Mbia, and a more creative force, and a big striker shippin Smith off at the same time. But we need a big man with some class, someone who can link and is not some clogger like Sidibie.

Xisco was 22 when he signed. i consider youth signings as those aged 18 or under to play for the academy or reserve sides, not someone who has played almost 50 la liga games.

Anyone who hasnt peaked yet is in the youth part of their career and are still developing though. Name one player who has peaked at 22.

Wayne Rooney peaked at 18.

Guest firetotheworks

Wayne Rooney peaked at 18.

For England yes. And his career is far from over, but so far I'd say its debatable.

Quote from: firetotheworks on Today at 06:06:50 PM

Michael Owen.

His early injuries had a massive knock on effect in the way in which he could have developed into being even more prolific. Without that injury he'd be both an excellent finisher (although not lately) and a whippet on the last shoulder of the defender as well.

Spending our way out of trouble? Glad to see that some people are optimistic enough to think that the club can get any money out of the man in charge.  So far this tranfer window is looking almost like a replay of last year - being linked with a few names to sell papers (or make it look like Joe's doing something) and picking up kids 'for the future', only to find on February 1st these are the only players brought in.

Think he has no option but to splash some big money now as if we go down as a result of no investment then he'll loose a whole lot more if we are relegated.

I would hope so, there is around £30 million unaccounted for from last years Sky money, as well as his promised £20million (not that I would take promises from him at face value) and the money still outstanding from the summers transfers (somewhere between 1.5 to 6.5 depending on whether we managed to fleece a rumoured transfer fee of £8million for Emre) . 

However, he may just look at this now as a no win situation and let the company go to the wall.  Sky money and three years worth of season ticket money will make up a bulk of the cash he paid for us.  Selling the first team squad could net him a bit more as most won't hang around in the lower leagues and hand in transfer requests.  Of course that's the worst case scenario, but in the current econimic climate anything is possible.

it appears to be the only option available.  But on the flipside, Ashley appears to be tight with money.

IMO we have to weigh up the option of splashing cash now to effectively guarantee safety, and perhaps having to sell to buy in the summer, against risking surviving relegation now, with the possibility that Kinnear might be given the heave-ho in the summer (based on Ashley seeing the obvious in that if he wants to keep his millions at all, we have to be doing well as well as sports fucking direct), a new manager may come in and who would ask for far more than Kinnear, whereby we could hopefully press on next season (again, leaving the question over transfer funding in doubt).

If is the word here.  As all I can say is IF there was a 5/6/7 point cushion between us and those in the bottom 3, and IF I was Ashley, I'd probably give some investment now (e.g cough up what Rennes want for M'Bia) but I'd have shot of the clown after the Everton game in May.

Sadly though, it looks like its going to be one or the other.

Well two weeks to try and safe guard us or take the risk of results working in our favour.

As much of a twat as Ashley seems surely he's not that stupid to go with the latter, as you don't amass a fortune he has by not seeing the wood for the trees.

do we trust kinnear with the money? probably not.

do we trust wise with the money? we cant, as that wouldnt be "backing the manager".

Let it go man.

We have to trust Dennis & Joe as Ash is not going to sack either of them.

Spending our way out of trouble? Glad to see that some people are optimistic enough to think that the club can get any money out of the man in charge.  So far this tranfer window is looking almost like a replay of last year - being linked with a few names to sell papers (or make it look like Joe's doing something) and picking up kids 'for the future', only to find on February 1st these are the only players brought in.

Think he has no option but to splash some big money now as if we go down as a result of no investment then he'll loose a whole lot more if we are relegated.

I would hope so, there is around £30 million unaccounted for from last years Sky money, as well as his promised £20million (not that I would take promises from him at face value) and the money still outstanding from the summers transfers (somewhere between 1.5 to 6.5 depending on whether we managed to fleece a rumoured transfer fee of £8million for Emre) . 

However, he may just look at this now as a no win situation and let the company go to the wall.  Sky money and three years worth of season ticket money will make up a bulk of the cash he paid for us.  Selling the first team squad could net him a bit more as most won't hang around in the lower leagues and hand in transfer requests.  Of course that's the worst case scenario, but in the current econimic climate anything is possible.

I'd be happy with him paying the full amount for m'bia and signing the loan players. I feel like m'bia won't  happen and he'll take a risk on these loans sparking us back into life.

it appears to be the only option available.  But on the flipside, Ashley appears to be tight with money.

IMO we have to weigh up the option of splashing cash now to effectively guarantee safety, and perhaps having to sell to buy in the summer, against risking surviving relegation now, with the possibility that Kinnear might be given the heave-ho in the summer (based on Ashley seeing the obvious in that if he wants to keep his millions at all, we have to be doing well as well as sports f***ing direct), a new manager may come in and who would ask for far more than Kinnear, whereby we could hopefully press on next season (again, leaving the question over transfer funding in doubt).

If is the word here.  As all I can say is IF there was a 5/6/7 point cushion between us and those in the bottom 3, and IF I was Ashley, I'd probably give some investment now (e.g cough up what Rennes want for M'Bia) but I'd have shot of the clown after the Everton game in May.

Well two weeks to try and safe guard us or take the risk of results working in our favour.

As much of a t*** as Ashley seems surely he's not that stupid to go with the latter, as you don't amass a fortune he has by not seeing the wood for the trees.

you and I wouldn't think so.  But sadly I don't think you and I are on the same wavelength as Michael.

IMO we have to weigh up the option of splashing cash now to effectively guarantee safety, and perhaps having to sell to buy in the summer, against risking surviving relegation now, with the possibility that Kinnear might be given the heave-ho in the summer (based on Ashley seeing the obvious in that if he wants to keep his millions at all, we have to be doing well as well as sports f***ing direct), a new manager may come in and who would ask for far more than Kinnear, whereby we could hopefully press on next season (again, leaving the question over transfer funding in doubt).

As much of a t*** as Ashley seems surely he's not that stupid to go with the latter, as you don't amass a fortune he has by not seeing the wood for the trees.

you and I wouldn't think so.  But sadly I don't think you and I are on the same wavelength as Michael.

That's the thing that hurts the most! As we know we have the best interests of the club at heart and yet the only one that can do anything about it looks like he couldn't give a toss.

Alan Smith

Guest firetotheworks

Alan Smith

A plateau of shitness isn't a peak.

Guest black n white

neither flash gordon nor kinnear are up to the tasks in front of them

no way will ashley spend big not while the likes of alan smith are getting paid millions for being shite and doing nothing

these  wages will become debt for the club if we go down