Spending Our Way Out of Trouble

johnnypd

Trust Wise with the cash and tell Kinnear to deal with it. Let's face it, Wise has done allright for us so far.

Does that mean we'd finally get that central midfielder and those full-backs we've been after?

Hopefully, but Jonas, Bassong and Colo have all been great signings, both quality- and moneywise. Based on this I believe it to be ridiculous to be hatin' on Wise just because he's a Yorkie. He's a NUFC man doing great things for us, and that's what matters.

Trust Wise with the cash and tell Kinnear to deal with it. Let's face it, Wise has done allright for us so far.

Does that mean we'd finally get that central midfielder and those full-backs we've been after?

Hopefully, but Jonas, Bassong and Colo have all been great signings, both quality- and moneywise. Based on this I believe it to be ridiculous to be hatin' on Wise just because he's a Yorkie. He's a NUFC man doing great things for us, and that's what matters.

How is he doing great things for us? There's gaping holes all over the squad.

Just because he's a whatnow? :razz:

Every player he has brought in has been a success. Give him the funds, and I believe he will deliver what it takes to fill these holes.

Guest firetotheworks

Well the advantage that we have over other clubs down the bottom, (with the exception of Spurs) is that we have more money. This means that we should have more money to spend, but whether we will is another matter entirely. I'd love us to spend big now, at the very least to show that we mean business.

I think the last thing we need to 'worry' about btw is Kinnear having a large amount of money to spend.

If I had to think about that scenario, I think as this month progresses, the strain is maybe starting to tell on Joe as, behind the scenes, he is learning the reality of what the transfer fund consists of.

I kind of feel sorry for him for that. I dont think he is ever going to get a large amount of money to spend.

What the hell happens if he walks out, pissed off, at the start of February.

Every player he has brought in has been a success. Give him the funds, and I believe he will deliver what it takes to fill these holes.

Gonzalez, Xisco?

I'm not disagreeing about Jonas and the rest btw.

Gordon Brown's trying to do this, Obama will also, now it's time for Ashley to do the same.

Despite picking up a bargain or two in the summer, the time has come for some real investment to save our arses. If Rennes are asking double what we are offering for Mbia, then give them double. If Kinnear wants a £16m striker, then fucking buy him. If we want to sort out the right-side which has been a problem since Dyer and Solano's sales, and exacerbated by Milner's departure, then we're going to have to shell out a sizeable fee. it's great to buy 16 year olds for the future but we need real quality that can make an impact over the next few months as well as in the next few years.

It's not like we can't afford it, we've spent virtually nothing in net terms since Ashley arrived at this club and that under-investment is one of the reasons we're where we are in the League. Trying to scrimp and save at this point is at best foolish, at worst suicidal. Yes, it might mean we have an increased debt in the coming years, but the alternative of going down and being deprived premiership revenues would be an even bigger financial hit.

grow some balls, Mike.  :angry:

Fair enough post, that said I'd rather it wouldn't be Kinnear getting said money.

it is distasteful to give the dosh to him, but he's our manager so tough, really. he'll be the one training with the players, motivating them, picking the team and leading them from the touchline. purportedly, at least.

no point signing someone he doesnt want. for instance, such and such a player (lets call him Xisco for now) could be mint, but if Kinnear doesnt fancy him, there's no point to him being here or bringing him in.

Again, I didn't say anything against that. It's just sad that we're in the position where any money we do have will be given to him. I'm complaining about how things have ended up like this, not about him.

Just because he's a whatnow? :razz:

:undecided:

Gonzalez, Xisco?

They only delievered about 80% of what they should have done in the summer, admittedly, but you can't blame the failures of Xisco and Gonzalez on the recruitment team imo. 1, Xisco has been made a mug of by the manager. 2, you can't help injuries. Given our other two La Liga imports that have been consistent figures in the team, i trust Wise (was probably Jimenez tbf) when he reckoned Xisco was worth £5.7m of our cash.

Gonzalez, Xisco?

You really cannot blame him for Gonzalez who got injured so early in the season. Xisco has somehow gotten on Kinnears hate-list and it would be wrong of us to judge him before given a chance.

sorry:p to late here..

Get with the programme man, he "unearthed" two international footballers playing in one of the most high profile leagues in the world.  :rolleyes:

Gonzalez, Xisco?

You really cannot blame him for Gonzalez who got injured so early in the season. Xisco has somehow gotten on Kinnears hate-list and it would be wrong of us to judge him before given a chance.

He was carrying an injury when we came iirc.

Guest Heneage

Xisco is young he was bought to develop he was not bought as a first team regular.

We need some Right Back steel so Finnan, at least 2 central midfielders, Mbia, and a more creative force, and a big striker shippin Smith off at the same time. But we need a big man with some class, someone who can link and is not some clogger like Sidibie.

Gonzalez, Xisco?

They only delievered about 80% of what they should have done in the summer, admittedly, but you can't blame the failures of Xisco and Gonzalez on the recruitment team imo. 1, Xisco has been made a mug of by the manager. 2, you can't help injuries. Given our other two La Liga imports that have been consistent figures in the team, i trust Wise (was probably Jimenez tbf) when he reckoned Xisco was worth £5.7m of our cash.

80%? The manager wanted two new full-backs and a central midfielder to go straight into the team as well. A lot less than that figure if you ask me. And that was before the Milner money came in.

Gonzalez, Xisco?

He was carrying an injury when we came iirc.

In all fairness i heard this aswell, which would be a bit of a boob on Wise's part.

There's no denying they fucked up the centre-midfield recruitment this summer. This signings would have come eventually though, in my opinion.

Gonzalez, Xisco?

80%? The manager wanted two new full-backs and a central midfielder to go straight into the team as well. A lot less than that figure if you ask me. And that was before the Milner money came in.

Pecky fucker. :razz: Aye you're probably right. They didn't finish the job, i'm not denying that. They proved to me though that they had their heads screwed on with regards to player recruitment, and you can't blame them for Xisco (Gonzalez, questionable).

Xisco is young he was bought to develop he was not bought as a first team regular.

We need some Right Back steel so Finnan, at least 2 central midfielders, Mbia, and a more creative force, and a big striker shippin Smith off at the same time. But we need a big man with some class, someone who can link and is not some clogger like Sidibie.

M'bia would do by far in CM. Barton back, and Guthrie is also able to do a great job there. Agree with the RB and a big up front, but we need him weather we sell Smith or not, who should never play for us again. I do believe though, that we should try to get a pacey one, and not som heavy stationary big. Actually, we should never  buy anyone who lacks pace ever again. It is almost the most important attribute in modern football.

Xisco was 22 when he signed. i consider youth signings as those aged 18 or under to play for the academy or reserve sides, not someone who has played almost 50 la liga games.

Guest firetotheworks

Xisco was 22 when he signed. i consider youth signings as those aged 18 or under to play for the academy or reserve sides, not someone who has played almost 50 la liga games.

Anyone who hasnt peaked yet is in the youth part of their career and are still developing though. Name one player who has peaked at 22.

Spending our way out of trouble? Glad to see that some people are optimistic enough to think that the club can get any money out of the man in charge.  So far this tranfer window is looking almost like a replay of last year - being linked with a few names to sell papers (or make it look like Joe's doing something) and picking up kids 'for the future', only to find on February 1st these are the only players brought in.

Spending our way out of trouble? Glad to see that some people are optimistic enough to think that the club can get any money out of the man in charge.  So far this tranfer window is looking almost like a replay of last year - being linked with a few names to sell papers (or make it look like Joe's doing something) and picking up kids 'for the future', only to find on February 1st these are the only players brought in.

Think he has no option but to splash some big money now as if we go down as a result of no investment then he'll loose a whole lot more if we are relegated.

it appears to be the only option available.  But on the flipside, Ashley appears to be tight with money.

IMO we have to weigh up the option of splashing cash now to effectively guarantee safety, and perhaps having to sell to buy in the summer, against risking surviving relegation now, with the possibility that Kinnear might be given the heave-ho in the summer (based on Ashley seeing the obvious in that if he wants to keep his millions at all, we have to be doing well as well as sports fucking direct), a new manager may come in and who would ask for far more than Kinnear, whereby we could hopefully press on next season (again, leaving the question over transfer funding in doubt).

If is the word here.  As all I can say is IF there was a 5/6/7 point cushion between us and those in the bottom 3, and IF I was Ashley, I'd probably give some investment now (e.g cough up what Rennes want for M'Bia) but I'd have shot of the clown after the Everton game in May.

Sadly though, it looks like its going to be one or the other.