The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I hope Keegan gets every single penny that he has claimed for

even if it turns out he was in the wrong ?

If he is worng he wont get a penny.

well dah!

i was replying to ahmed hope that he gets every penny he's claimed for without actually knowing what went on.

we should have a sweep as to what people think will be the result. i'm going for keegan to be awarded a sum but nowhere near the ammount he's claiming.

And us never to find out the whole truth. Seems the most likely outcome.

aye. my hopes were dashed as soon as i found out it was going to an arbitration panel and not a court of law.

There still seem to be plenty of people amongst our fanbase who have already decided that the case will be decided on the premise that Ashley is a fat Cockney tosser and Keegan is a Toon legend. Therefore its a nailed on massive victory for KK.

We know very little of the contracts or any of the facts really. I have had some experience of constructive dismissal and it is very hard to prove. Employers have successfully defended claims like this by saying that they had to take certain actions in the commercial and financial interests of the business and, as such, couldn't honour clauses in the employee's contract. And none of us even knows if there were any clauses in Keegan's contract that were breached here. If it's true that Keegan had a £2 million penalty clause in his contract for a walkout it's quite possible that he is the party who has to come up with a decent defence and not the club.

so after reading that it could happen that keegan could be broadly in the right but could still get found against ?

Possibly. And Keegan could lose his case and the club win theirs, so Keegan has to cough up.

well dah!

i was replying to ahmed hope that he gets every penny he's claimed for without actually knowing what went on.

we should have a sweep as to what people think will be the result. i'm going for keegan to be awarded a sum but nowhere near the ammount he's claiming.

aye. my hopes were dashed as soon as i found out it was going to an arbitration panel and not a court of law.

There still seem to be plenty of people amongst our fanbase who have already decided that the case will be decided on the premise that Ashley is a fat Cockney tosser and Keegan is a Toon legend. Therefore its a nailed on massive victory for KK.

We know very little of the contracts or any of the facts really. I have had some experience of constructive dismissal and it is very hard to prove. Employers have successfully defended claims like this by saying that they had to take certain actions in the commercial and financial interests of the business and, as such, couldn't honour clauses in the employee's contract. And none of us even knows if there were any clauses in Keegan's contract that were breached here. If it's true that Keegan had a £2 million penalty clause in his contract for a walkout it's quite possible that he is the party who has to come up with a decent defence and not the club.

so after reading that it could happen that keegan could be broadly in the right but could still get found against ?

Possibly. And Keegan could lose his case and the club win theirs, so Keegan has to cough up.

so quite probably we'll never find out.

well dah!

We'll just have to wait for Keegan's next book.

well dah!

We'll just have to wait for Keegan's next book.

tbf although i rate him as a manager, even though i'd say past his best i don't particularly trust him

well dah!

So I assume you'll never be able to have an opinion on the subject. End of thread for you I guess.

Keegan is a leech,deserves nowt.

Is he heck a leech

The guy never claimed a single penny from his previous jobs - instead he chose to walk away, a leech would have hung on until he was sacked (especially in the case of the England job)

The problem is that Keegan has integrity and honesty in abundance - something that is severely lacking in football today

i'd rather he stayed until he was sacked rather than just quitting for no reason. he only took the job to pay his debts. his behaviour and this lawsuit proves it.

(if you can turn speculation into fact then so can i)

He would never have been sacked. He was appointed to be a figurehead, putting a fan friendly face on Ashley's non-investment and taking the blame for poor results. Ashley would of course magnanimously let the fans hero carry on as "manager" despite his poor results with the brilliant squad of players assembled by Dennis.

He could of course have carried on futilely in the job, collecting his paycheck rather than risk being sued for £2m by the club as he is now (he was only in it for the money you know).

If Keegan wins £8m or whatever, does anyone seriously think that £8m would have otherwise been spent by Ashley on the club?  :nope:

If Keegan loses and the club gets £2m off him does anyone seriously think that £2m will go into the transfer kitty  :nope:

Win or lose, under Ashley it will make fuck all difference to the money we spend on the squad. All it will change is the price he will get when/if he ever sells up.

Guest The Libertine

He would never have been sacked. He was appointed to be a figurehead, putting a fan friendly face on Ashley's non-investment and taking the blame for poor results. Ashley would of course magnanimously let the fans hero carry on as "manager" despite his poor results with the brilliant squad of players assembled by Dennis.

He could of course have carried on futilely in the job, collecting his paycheck rather than risk being sued for £2m by the club as he is now (he was only in it for the money you know).

If Keegan wins £8m or whatever, does anyone seriously think that £8m would have otherwise been spent by Ashley on the club?  :nope:

If Keegan loses and the club gets £2m off him does anyone seriously think that £2m will go into the transfer kitty  :nope:

Win or lose, under Ashley it will make fuck all difference to the money we spend on the squad. All it will change is the price he will get when/if he ever sells up.

you missed the last line of my post.

and the gist of that last part is "the financially crippled club doesnt need the money"?

the only way WE as fans and as a club win is if keegan loses. thats probably the only fact in this whole thread.

Guest The Libertine

No, we win either way.

how? if keegan wins, the club (bigger than keegan remember) doesnt benefit at all. we get X million further in the red.

No, we win either way.

how? if keegan wins, the club (bigger than keegan remember) doesnt benefit at all. we get X million further in the red.

Like we would ever see that 10 million anyway, and if KK does win the truth is OUT once and for all. Yet another NAIL in Ashleys coffin.

If Ashley wins and KK is proven to be a cunt (which i dont think he will)  It finally gets rid of the monkey off the cubs back with the fans and the club doesnt lose 10 mil or whatever.  Not that the club would ever see that money. 

See our last few transfer windows for proof.

No, we win either way.

Like we would ever see that 10 million anyway, and if KK does win the truth is OUT once and for all. Yet another NAIL in Ashleys coffin.

If Ashley wins and KK is proven to be a c*** (which i dont think he will)  It finally gets rid of the monkey off the cubs back with the fans and the club doesnt lose 10 mil or whatever.  Not that the club would ever see that money. 

it's not so m uch that we'd ever see it,more so that any buyer would possibly have to find another 10mill to takeover the club as ashley would be unlikely to pay keegan himself.

No, we win either way.

If Ashley wins and KK is proven to be a c*** (which i dont think he will)  It finally gets rid of the monkey off the cubs back with the fans and the club doesnt lose 10 mil or whatever.  Not that the club would ever see that money. 

it's not so m uch that we'd ever see it,more so that any buyer would possibly have to find another 10mill to takeover the club as ashley would be unlikely to pay keegan himself.

I presonally think and this is just me, if fat git sold the club during this court case and then left quickly. I think KK would trike a deal with the new owners, KKs gripe is with Ashley, Llambias, wise and his other bitches.  It just so happens these bastards were running the club at the time.

No, we win either way.

No, Ashley would have to accept £10m less.

Guest The Libertine
If THE CLUB wins It finally gets rid of the monkey off the cubs back with the fans and the club doesnt lose 10 mil or whatever.

i've filtered out the childish shit so we're left with common sense. with a major edit of course.

No, we win either way.

No, Ashley would have to accept £10m less if he really wants to sell.

No, we win either way.

No, Ashley would have to accept £10m less.

thats why we've sold so quickly already.

No, we win either way.

I presonally think and this is just me, if fat git sold the club during this court case and then left quickly. I think KK would trike a deal with the new owners, KKs gripe is with Ashley, Llambias, wise and his other bitches.  It just so happens these bastards were running the club at the time.

I personally think Keegan's claim is only a bargaining chip to try and get the club to drop it's claim against him.

If THE CLUB wins It finally gets rid of the monkey off the cubs back with the fans and the club doesnt lose 10 mil or whatever.

i've filtered out the childish s*** so we're left with common sense. with a major edit of course.

Ha ha, its KK V Ashley and his wankers crew. 

The club cant run without the people who manage it. His gripe is with the owner and the decision makers.

We'll soon find out anyway.

Guest The Libertine

i've filtered out the childish s*** so we're left with common sense. with a major edit of course.

The club cant run without the people who manage it. His gripe is with the owner and the decision makers.

even though he's suing the club? ashley wont be paying any money to keegan, the club will. so its keegan vs the club (and keegan vs the fans to a very, very large extent).

even though he's suing the club? ashley wont be paying any money to keegan, the club will. so its keegan vs the club (and keegan vs the fans to a very, very large extent).

Fool.