The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Guest toonlass

I've said it before on here but constructive dismissal is hard to prove because courts/tribunals don't like to pass judgement on how owners run their business. Commercial and financial decisions sometimes have to be made that cut across an employee's employment contract but it doesn't, by any means, mean the employee has a cast iron case for constructive dismissal. Lambias was running the show for Ashley and if the club lose this then its about as damning a proof as you could get of his sheer f*cking incompetence - not that any further proof is required tbh. 

If Keegan were to lose this, what would happen? Would costs bankrupt him?

I'm dead against Keegan getting any more money out of the club but this latest spin is exactly that...spin; if Administration is something of reality from KK legal battle its the current regime being a bigger bunch of c***s trying to make it worse for KK.

As it is, i'm in disgust of KK suing the club in its current position, it doesn't take any more spin to make me think any worse of the bottling freeloading money grabbing prick.

If this was simply about the money why didn't he just see his contract out until it ended or he got sacked?

His natural proven reaction is to walk away...he walked and still wants paying for it.

You do know the man in your avatar and signature 'fleeced' the club when he left?

No he didn't.

His contract was a rolling12 months, if he was SACKED he was owed 12 months worth of money, simple as.

What's the difference between that and Keegan being forced out of his job with three years still left on his contract and wanting that money? That's assuming that the tribunal rules in Keegan's favour.

Massive assumption, and you really have to go on track record, which doesn't favour KK.

He didn't get a world class player....Waaaaa  Speculative

He got enforced financial restraints on him (like most jobs).....Waaaaaa   Was he pissed at this? Speculative

His budget changed (like what happens in business)....Waaaaa   Again?

It wasn't quite what was on the brochure....double fuking waaaaaaaa....s*** happens, people oversell the dream, KK just as guilty of that a few times himself...more waaaaa.   He didn't even say this under Ashley :lol:

He should have told the fans WTF was going on and that he'd stick by us, as apparently he loves the club more than anyone and understands it even more...but instead through in the towel at the 1st sign of resistance.

Massive assumption? Possibly, but if someone gets accused of stealing and has been done 2-3 times already for that crime, what would you think?

What does constructive dismissal mean by the way?

See above.

Its your argument not mine.

Back it up. Convince me.

If he didn't have a case he wouldn't bother or he wouldn't win.

Your problem with this seems to be, it takes money away from the club ...yet you have SBR in your avatar. 

Ok, for one moment we focus on payout and nothing else:

Were talking £3m for a man who took us from relegation battles or at best bottom-mid table, to Champions league football - Deserved. To boot the money was given when we were at least the 5th best club in the country and in Europe regularly, we could afford it and he worked for it, for several years.

KK situation is he was there for a few month, won a couple of games, didn't move the club forward, and now wants £10m, over 3 times as much, for a fraction of the work while we are in the worst position the club has been in for 15 years (or pushing) and people want to tag him as a fan of the club.

They gave him that contract.

He feels strongly that he was forced out of the club, if he is proved right, why shouldn't he get what is owed? 

The decision would have been - KK wasn't able to do the job he agreed to.

Why would anyone put up with that??

I'm dead against Keegan getting any more money out of the club but this latest spin is exactly that...spin; if Administration is something of reality from KK legal battle its the current regime being a bigger bunch of cunts trying to make it worse for KK.

As it is, i'm in disgust of KK suing the club in its current position, it doesn't take any more spin to make me think any worse of the bottling freeloading money grabbing prick.

If this was simply about the money why didn't he just see his contract out until it ended or he got sacked?

His natural proven reaction is to walk away...he walked and still wants paying for it.

You do know the man in your avatar and signature 'fleeced' the club when he left?

No he didn't.

His contract was a rolling12 months, if he was SACKED he was owed 12 months worth of money, simple as.

What's the difference between that and Keegan being forced out of his job with three years still left on his contract and wanting that money? That's assuming that the tribunal rules in Keegan's favour.

Massive assumption, and you really have to go on track record, which doesn't favour KK.

He didn't get a world class player....Waaaaa

He got enforced financial restraints on him (like most jobs).....Waaaaaa

His budget changed (like what happens in business)....Waaaaa

It wasn't quite what was on the brochure....double fuking waaaaaaaa....Shit happens, people oversell the dream, KK just as guilty of that a few times himself...more waaaaa.

He should have told the fans WTF was going on and that he'd stick by us, as apparently he loves the club more than anyone and understands it even more...but instead through in the towel at the 1st sign of resistance.

Massive assumption? Possibly, but if someone gets accused of stealing and has been done 2-3 times already for that crime, what would you think?

I think very few of the factors you've listed came into his decision. His ability to talk to players and convince them to come was one of his main strengths and that rug was pulled from under him only a few weeks into the job when Wise came in - a decision i'm not entirely sure he knew about or was happy about. Add to the fact he wasn't even able to pick the players the club brought in or sold (something Mike Ashley lied about to us, the fans, in the club magazine a week before Keegan walked out) and the players that were bought were way below par and you've got a situation any manager would have real difficulty working in.

On a more personal level I get the feeling from the stories leaked from both sides that NUFC was a boys club for Ashley and his mates. Keegan wasn't one of his mates, he was marginalised and he felt they were making a fool of him. I've heard people who worked alongside Keegan at the club at the time say the same thing.

Like you say though, massive assumptions. I have faith the tribunal will find in favour of whoever was in the right. If that was Ashley i'll admit KK was being a petty cock, if that was Keegan I hope you'll stand up and admit he was justified. I doubt it though.

You have faith in the legal system?

Even if its in Ashley's favour it means pretty much nothing to who was right, the only person(s) who loses out is the club and true associates ie the fans.

They've got more chance of coming to a sensible decision than a bunch of fans on a messageboard.

How do the fans lose out, by the way? We're already buying nee cunt and selling anything that's not nailed down. Why is this shit being speiled over and over again by know nowts?

How do the fans lose out?

Does that really need answering?

Rightly or wrongly this sorry saga has probably cost us getting a new owner, its dragged our already shitty name through the swamp/mud we call the British press, its got the fans divided has stalled our season, without a doubt.

I've said it before on here but constructive dismissal is hard to prove because courts/tribunals don't like to pass judgement on how owners run their business. Commercial and financial decisions sometimes have to be made that cut across an employee's employment contract but it doesn't, by any means, mean the employee has a cast iron case for constructive dismissal. Lambias was running the show for Ashley and if the club lose this then its about as damning a proof as you could get of his sheer f*cking incompetence - not that any further proof is required tbh. 

Its difficult to prove, but if you have indisputable evidence that your employer conspired to demean your position, your onto a winner.

I'm dead against Keegan getting any more money out of the club but this latest spin is exactly that...spin; if Administration is something of reality from KK legal battle its the current regime being a bigger bunch of c***s trying to make it worse for KK.

No he didn't.

He got enforced financial restraints on him (like most jobs).....Waaaaaa   Was he pissed at this? Speculative

It wasn't quite what was on the brochure....double fuking waaaaaaaa....s*** happens, people oversell the dream, KK just as guilty of that a few times himself...more waaaaa.   He didn't even say this under Ashley :lol:

See above.

Back it up. Convince me.

Your problem with this seems to be, it takes money away from the club ...yet you have SBR in your avatar. 

Were talking £3m for a man who took us from relegation battles or at best bottom-mid table, to Champions league football - Deserved. To boot the money was given when we were at least the 5th best club in the country and in Europe regularly, we could afford it and he worked for it, for several years.

KK situation is he was there for a few month, won a couple of games, didn't move the club forward, and now wants £10m, over 3 times as much, for a fraction of the work while we are in the worst position the club has been in for 15 years (or pushing) and people want to tag him as a fan of the club.

He feels strongly that he was forced out of the club, if he is proved right, why shouldn't he get what is owed? 

You've never had your job change?

No, there'll be a collection on here for him.

No, there'll be a collection on here for him.

Probably raise more than the SBR cancer fund unfortunately.

No he didn't.

See above.

Back it up. Convince me.

Oh our jobs are a direct comparison to top football managers.  Definitely.

I have a job role, with a list of responsibilities.  If i regularly had to put these off to do work which isn't in my contract i would have an issue with my contract of employment.  Sure.

I don't know KK's financial situation or what costs have been incurred so can't say but the loser picks up the costs normally and it would be significant wedge. Also if he loses the constructive dismissal case and there was, as is rumoured, a walkout clause in his contract........

I'm dead against Keegan getting any more money out of the club but this latest spin is exactly that...spin; if Administration is something of reality from KK legal battle its the current regime being a bigger bunch of cunts trying to make it worse for KK.

No he didn't.

It wasn't quite what was on the brochure....double fuking waaaaaaaa....Shit happens, people oversell the dream, KK just as guilty of that a few times himself...more waaaaa.

I think very few of the factors you've listed came into his decision. His ability to talk to players and convince them to come was one of his main strengths and that rug was pulled from under him only a few weeks into the job when Wise came in - a decision i'm not entirely sure he knew about or was happy about. Add to the fact he wasn't even able to pick the players the club brought in or sold (something Mike Ashley lied about to us, the fans, in the club magazine a week before Keegan walked out) and the players that were bought were way below par and you've got a situation any manager would have real difficulty working in.

On a more personal level I get the feeling from the stories leaked from both sides that NUFC was a boys club for Ashley and his mates. Keegan wasn't one of his mates, he was marginalised and he felt they were making a fool of him. I've heard people who worked alongside Keegan at the club at the time say the same thing.

Like you say though, massive assumptions. I have faith the tribunal will find in favour of whoever was in the right. If that was Ashley i'll admit KK was being a petty cock, if that was Keegan I hope you'll stand up and admit he was justified. I doubt it though.

Even if its in Ashley's favour it means pretty much nothing to who was right, the only person(s) who loses out is the club and true associates ie the fans.

They've got more chance of coming to a sensible decision than a bunch of fans on a messageboard.

How do the fans lose out, by the way? We're already buying nee cunt and selling anything that's not nailed down. Why is this shit being speiled over and over again by know nowts?

Rightly or wrongly this sorry saga has probably cost us getting a new owner, its dragged our already shitty name through the swamp/mud we call the British press, its got the fans divided has stalled our season, without a doubt.

You're wrong in the head if you think this is the sole reason we've yet to find a buyer, I don't particularly care about the press, a lot of our fans are idiots as shown by yourself and if our season is stalled then God knows what would've happened had this episode been put to bed already. We might've already been promoted!

As I said thunderspaz, the effect this case has on the club is minimal.

No he didn't.

See above.

Back it up. Convince me.

Oh our jobs are a direct comparison to top football managers.  Definitely.

I have a job role, with a list of responsibilities.  If i regularly had to put these off to do work which isn't in my contract i would issue with my contract of employment.  Sure.

But you are willing to compare 'constructive dismissal ' of the real world to footie managers jobs? ???

Do we have one rule for one here?

He wasn't put off his responsibilities to do other work though, his say 'deadlines' or 'targets' changed, or the companies finance changed and his spending budget was cut.

No he didn't.

You're wrong in the head if you think this is the sole reason we've yet to find a buyer, I don't particularly care about the press, a lot of our fans are idiots as shown by yourself and if our season is stalled then God knows what would've happened had this episode been put to bed already. We might've already been promoted!

If you are going to be a cunt about this then conversation ends here.

No he didn't.

You had that base covered pages ago mate :lol:

No he didn't.

do you two need arbitration?

How can anyone who backed KK in walking out now have a go at him for seeking compensation? If he loses his case then he deserves criticism if he wins then Ashley deserves all he gets.

We will not go into Administration because of it, that would make no sense for Ashley. He is using the fact that money would come out of the club as a way to turn fans against KK.

Deal with simple facts; KK did or didn't get forced out by constructive dismissal, if he did good luck to him, if he didn't tough luck to him. Forget where the money will come from.

It boils my piss that some are turning against KK for what Ashley (may) have done.

Shit, if the manager had been Souness being forced out the same principle would apply.

No he didn't.

It wasn't quite what was on the brochure....double fuking waaaaaaaa....s*** happens, people oversell the dream, KK just as guilty of that a few times himself...more waaaaa.

How do the fans lose out, by the way? We're already buying nee c*** and selling anything that's not nailed down. Why is this s*** being speiled over and over again by know nowts?

If you are going to be a c*** about this then conversation ends here.

The funny thing is had you bothered to read a couple of pages back you would not have repeated the discredited shite you have pedalled

How can anyone who backed KK in walking out now have a go at him for seeking compensation?

You miss the point totally (voice of f***** reason ? Jesus...) a large proportion agreed with his stance, a far smaller proportion of the fans supported him for actually walking out, believing - rightly as it turned out - such catastrophic action would take the club a lot more than a season to recover from, seeing as they had a football DUNCE as chairman.

You must have noticed that many of those who supported his stance have now changed totally, due to it all coming at the worst possible time.

Many of us who worshipped him first time round have got sick of his tantrum throwing and storming out.

He's done it everywhere he's been at, man.

He's not a saint - he's just a very naughty boy.

I still can't comprehend why KK will be to blame if he takes money out of the club. Surely that will be proof that it's Ashley who's at fault?

Remind me again of how many clubs he's been manager of that he HASN'T walked out on ?

(None ?)

I still can't comprehend why KK will be to blame if he takes money out of the club. Surely that will be proof that it's Ashley who's at fault?

Remind me again of how many clubs he's been manager of that he HASN'T walked out on ?

(None ?)

Did he take those to court?

(None ?)

No but he took them to the cleaners.

/Keegan-hater

(None ?)

He wasn't as financially fucked as he is now to be fair.

(None ?)

As dcmk points out he didn't take those to court or whatever. If they rule in his favour the blame, including blame for the monetary loss, would be Ashley's alone, surely?

(think Man City was mutual consent)