At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley has my backing and i have full confidence that we will see some good new faces in this transfer window.

Under the previous regime, managers where allowed to spend all the money they wanted and we ended up spending like a top four club only to get mid table finishes. Ashley has cleared all our debts (which would have ended up much worse than Leeds) and put a system in place where the managers dont have control over finances and the debts wont mount up again.

So far our new transfer system has got us Guthrie, Collocini, Jonas and Xisco of which 3 out of 4 have been successful buys, which is a higher ratio than some previous managers and at a lower cost.

I belive we will get some adequate signings in this window, it just takes time. Providing we get a decent manager in at the end of the season then we should be alright.

I agree, if Ashley hasn't decided 'f*** em' and stopped trying to buy players... we should be alright.

I maintain though, if we don't make many good signings in this window it doesn't mean the club has 'failed'. Very few clubs make meaningful moves in January.

That's  as maybe, but we NEED to make "meaningful" signings, and if we don't there's every chance we'll go down. That's failure in my eyes.

He's got this window to restore our faith in him, and to stop himself being the most hated man on Tyneside. Let's hope Ashley takes that chance.

I know we NEED players, but I still don't think Ashley should be crucified for failing to achieve what nearly every club fails to achieve every transfer window. It's just not feasible to do much business in January.

Why dont we know what our chairman sounds like? Why has there never been any interviews what-so-ever from Wise, Llambias & Ashley for that matter, in amongst the chaos & worry surrounding the club? Unless their voice-boxes are broke, its in-excusable and a total piss take to the fans, the customers.

Why demand KK is not to talk to the media about transfers, why?

Why say no-one will sign unless Kevin wants him & then merley state he agreed to 'the system' in response to KK's accusation?

Why, when talking about your plans to the fans, do you chose to do so by using the cliched sentance 'I want to take the club forward?

Why does the manager have to educate the board about football for them to know we are in danger?

Why offer, or even discuss, a two year contract for Kinnear after 4 wins from 17?

Why does it take a request from the manager for the 'chairman' to actually be based in Newcastle?

If Llambias has to be dragged up to Newcastle then please, after the transfer window, bugger off & never come back. This man should not be at the club, and I'd rather he didnt suddenly RELUCTANTLY start to try & do his job, I'd rather he didnt and just left asap.

The total & utter contempt these people have treated the fans with is unforgivable, and I dont see why I should believe they didnt treat Keegan any differently.

The defeaning silence has been more revealing than the accounts imo.

Why dont we know what our chairman sounds like? Why has there never been any interviews what-so-ever from Wise, Llambias & Ashley for that matter, in amongst the chaos & worry surrounding the club? Unless their voice-boxes are broke, its in-excusable and a total piss take to the fans, the customers.

Why say no-one will sign unless Kevin wants him & then merley state he agreed to 'the system' in response to KK's accusation?

Why, when talking about your plans to the fans, do you chose to do so by using the cliched sentance 'I want to take the club forward?

Why does the manager have to educate the board about football for them to know we are in danger?

Why offer, or even discuss, a two year contract for Kinnear after 4 wins from 17?

Why does it take a request from the manager for the 'chairman' to actually be based in Newcastle?

If Llambias has to be dragged down to Newcastle then please, after the transfer window, bugger off & never come back. This man should not be at the club, and I'd rather he didnt suddenly RELUCTANTLY start to try & do his job, I'd rather he didnt and just left asap.

The total & utter contempt these people have treated the fans with is unforgivable, and I dont see why I shouldnt believe they didnt treat Keegan any differently.

spot on  :thup:

If Llambias has to be dragged down to Newcastle then please, after the transfer window, bugger off & never come back. This man should not be at the club, and I'd rather he didnt suddenly RELUCTANTLY start to try & do his job, I'd rather he didnt and just left asap.

The total & utter contempt these people have treated the fans with is unforgivable, and I dont see why I shouldnt believe they didnt treat Keegan any differently.

Nope, the accounts have revealled a damn sight more than the 'deafening silence'.

/and it's dragged up to Newcastle if you don't mind.  O0

Nope, the accounts have revealled a damn sight more than the 'deafening silence'.

There ya go lol. But the how easy would it have been to avoid the total silence? Its so unavoidable, it says so much that they cant be arsed to just simply come in front of a camera and talk to the fans, its disgraceful treatment, and if they really cared they'd at least get that right. Dosent it reveal everything about their attitude towards the supporters? I bet if they were coming out saying 'the fans shouldnt be complaining, geordies are idiots & w*nkers etc' they'd get even more critisism, but because its the other end of the scale - but pretty much just as disgraceful - its not picked up on as much, but its the same two fingers up at us.

If Llambias has to be dragged up to Newcastle then please, after the transfer window, bugger off & never come back. This man should not be at the club, and I'd rather he didnt suddenly RELUCTANTLY start to try & do his job, I'd rather he didnt and just left asap.

:clap:

If anything the state of the accounts compound how bad the communication has been.

There ya go lol. But the how easy would it have been to avoid the total silence? Its so unavoidable, it says so much they cant be arsed to just simply come in front of a camera and talk to the fans, its disgraceful treatment, and if they really cared they'd at least get that right.

I totally agree, communication since things went tits up has been dreadful, but then (and I'm not defending them here, just trying to work it out) whatever they said (or might have said) post Keegan was either dismissed or classed as lies. And to be fair, there is not a lot they could say that would have be taken seriously during the period when we were up for sale and could have had a new lot in at any moment.

However, it is a different matter now that we are off the market, and while they might still be a little wary, i'm surprised the club has not gone on a bit of a media blitz to get people back on board.

They have said they will get back to us after the transfer window has closed. Fine. But preferably they should be feeding us reasurances and keeping us in touch all the time now because any one off press releases (with, as you picked up on, the usual statements about driving the club forward without expanding on just how we might do that) are going to be disected to hell with little sympathy from many. That's not what they need to get the pie boycotters back on board.

There ya go lol. But the how easy would it have been to avoid the total silence? Its so unavoidable, it says so much they cant be arsed to just simply come in front of a camera and talk to the fans, its disgraceful treatment, and if they really cared they'd at least get that right.

I totally agree, communication since things went tits up has been dreadful, but then (and I'm not defending them here, just trying to work it out) whatever they said (or might have said) post Keegan was either dismissed or classed as lies. There is not a lot they could say that would have be taken seriously during the period we were up for sale either to be fair.

It is a different matter now that we are off the market though. They have said they will get back to us after the transfer window has closed. Fine. But preferably they should be feeding us reasurances and keeping us in touch all the time now because any one off press releases (with, as you picked up on, the usual statements about driving the club forward without expanding on just how we might do that) are going to be disected to hell with little sympathy from many. That's not what they need to get the pie boycotters back on board.

The FACT statement was looked upon for what it was - slimy, pathetic & despite all the FACTS, lacking in clarity after what had just happened.

Lets just say Keegan wasnt lied to, and his claim was false. After he said 'My opinion is a manager shouldnt have a player imposed on him he dosent want', why not say 'we have not & would never bring in a player that the manager does not want. Despite bieng turned down/missing out on some transfer targets, it has not happened in this case & would never happen in the future. Clarity. But the most obivous conclusion is, they couldnt say that, because thats what they potentially were doing.

And why not release a statement/do an interview on bloody tv. Most the statements dont even have a name to them. I agree, they we're in a difficult situation in the way people we're baying for blood, but at least an attempt to explain things on camrea would have went some way to helping. But they didnt want to do that, because imo they dont give a crap, & their attitude stinks.

Even when things died down a bit, when anything said would have been looked up upon less dissmisively, there was nothing. We just heard about their supposed actions from Kinnear, such as the master plan of discussing a 2 year contract.

I totally agree, communication since things went tits up has been dreadful, but then (and I'm not defending them here, just trying to work it out) whatever they said (or might have said) post Keegan was either dismissed or classed as lies. There is not a lot they could say that would have be taken seriously during the period we were up for sale either to be fair.

It is a different matter now that we are off the market though. They have said they will get back to us after the transfer window has closed. Fine. But preferably they should be feeding us reasurances and keeping us in touch all the time now because any one off press releases (with, as you picked up on, the usual statements about driving the club forward without expanding on just how we might do that) are going to be disected to hell with little sympathy from many. That's not what they need to get the pie boycotters back on board.

The FACT statement was looked upon for what it was - slimy, pathetic & despite all the FACTS, lacking in clarity after what had just happened.

Lets just say Keegan wasnt lied to, and his claim was false. After he said 'My opinion is a manager shouldnt have a player imposed on him he dosent want', why not say 'we have not & would never bring in a player that the manager does not want. Despite bieng turned down/missing out on some transfer targets, it has not happened in this case & would never happen in the future. Clarity. But the most obivous conclusion is, they couldnt say that, because thats what they potentially were doing.

And why not release a statement/do an interview on bloody tv. Most the statements dont even have a name to them. I agree, they we're in a difficult situation in the way people we're baying for blood, but at least an attempt to explain things on camrea would have went some way to helping. But they didnt want to do that, because imo they dont give a crap, & their attitude stinks.

Even when things died down a bit, when anything said would have been looked up upon less dissmisively, there was nothing. We just heard about their supposed actions from Kinnear, such as the master plan of discussing a 2 year contract.

If Keegan is chasing the club for constructive dismissal then that's the likely reason they haven't commented on it, so to say they haven't done an interview on camera because they don't give a crap is rubbish.

As for the gagging order on Keegan over transfers, I thought it was a great idea at the time as did many others on here. How many wish they would do the same with Kinnear now?

If Keegan is chasing the club for constructive dismissal then that's the likely reason they haven't commented on it, so to say they haven't done an interview on camera because they don't give a crap is rubbish.

As for the gagging order on Keegan over transfers, I thought it was a great idea at the time as did many others on here. How many wish they would do the same with Kinnear now?

Fair do's if the legal side of things stopped them talking about Keegan.

And say what? 'no comment'? Just because you talk about how you want to improve your squad, how things are potentially looking, looking dosent mean you have to go to the other end of the spectrum of Kinnears talk.

So why not do an interview regarding Joe Kinnear and the short term plan when he was brought on board? And what about when he was kept on for the rest of the season? Does Llambias have an opnion? Why does it take the manager to ask the Chairman to be based in Newcastle for the transfer window if he care's so much?

Fair do's if the legal side of things stopped them talking about Keegan.

And say what? 'no comment'? Just because you talk about how you want to improve your squad, how things are potentially looking, looking dosent mean you have to go to the other end of the spectrum of Kinnears talk.

So why not do an interview regarding Joe Kinnear and the short term plan when he was brought on board? And what about when he was kept on for the rest of the season? Does Llambias have an opnion? Why does it take the manager to ask the Chairman to be based in Newcastle for the transfer window if he care's so much?

Like I said, people were happy with the attitude of not speaking about potential targets in the Summer so why make such a big fuss about it now?

The short term plan when Kinnear first came in was obvious, sell the club as soon as possible so why do an interview for that?

As far as I'm aware Llambias is mostly based in Newcastle in the same way Mort was, so as long as he's here when he needs to be I don't really see the problem.

It hasn't been perfect and if Ashley is now staying then one thing they need to work on is the communication between them and us because it's shite, for example I think people would be more understanding over lack of spending in the market if Ashley had told us the problems the club was having financially, then again it probably wouldn't have done any potential sale much good if he had come out with comments like that.

Guest Brummiemag

Excellent post

Great post!

Great post!

oh my god!! some people live in denial!! Keegen left us not because of Ashley!!! Keegen left this club because he didn't get just what he wanted, just like he has done his entire career, with every club he has managed.. He acts like a baby!!! and walks when the going gets tough!

He will always be a god to me for what he did, but come on, enough is enough!!

Had Ashley not bought this club we would be in a much worse state then we are in know and some of you realy have to accept that.

Going to be at his first match since the Keegan thing tomorrow night, and he'll be attending regularly again according to David Craig.

I hope that's true. A show of leadership from the front is what's needed right now.

Going to be at his first match since the Keegan thing tomorrow night, and he'll be attending regularly again according to David Craig.

I hope that's true. A show of leadership from the front is what's needed right now.

creeping out of the shadows as we get through the window without spending any money.

The total & utter contempt these people have treated the fans with is unforgivable, and I dont see why I should believe they didnt treat Keegan any differently.

I think this one is being said so we have a better chance to sign players.  I can't see anyone wanting to sign for a club when the manager maybe gone in a few months.  For all they know the next manager may want to move them on.

Great post!

oh my god!! some people live in denial!! Keegen left us not because of Ashley!!! Keegen left this club because he didn't get just what he wanted, just like he has done his entire career, with every club he has managed.. He acts like a baby!!! and walks when the going gets tough!

Had Ashley not bought this club we would be in a much worse state then we are in know and some of you realy have to accept that.

How can say people live in denial and not even offer a single reason against any of his points?

Great post!

How can say people live in denial and not even offer a single reason against any of his points?

You can't argue that Ashley has been the best chairman in the world, and I deffently don't think everything he does is right, but we all should be grateful that we still stand a chance of playing PL football next season!! If Ashley hadn't put the money into the club it would be a whole different story.

I could argue all day about how I think Ashley should of handled the situation we are in, but then I think about how we WOULD of been the new Leeds if he didn't buy this wonderful club.

So of course he has my backing, and how anyone can think differently is beyond me.