French players and NUFC

LooneyToonArmy

Well our lass is French and when she came to Newcastle with me she was really nice about the city (loved it), the stadium, the matchday experience, the people, the sense of warmth despite the cold and the beautiful region so the least we can do is return the favour and be pleasant about these players who are coming to the club.

Thats not being PC, its just being decent.

:razz:

That's how it started with Zoggy and Robert to.

Robert loved his time here, i remember down at Palace with 5000+ in the away end singing the rupert the bear song after the end of the match and he had to be dragged from the pitch clapping, whooping etc. He'd only been good for about 20 minutes in the second half but he won us the match.

Incomparable.

We haven't done too badly from the French contingent in fairness. Robert, Ginola and Bernard were big successes. Even Zog for all his moanining is going to more than pay off when we eventually flog him to Spurs or Villa. That lad Bassong looks useful as well.

We haven't done too badly from the French contingent in fairness. Robert, Ginola and Bernard were big successes. Even Zog for all his moanining is going to more than pay off when we eventually flog him to Spurs or Villa. That lad Bassong looks useful as well.

So left footed Frenchman in, right footed ones fuk off?

So left footed Frenchman in, right footed ones fuk off?

Maybe we could get the right-footed ones to stick their right foot in the gobs of the keft-footed ones? That way we'd had a balanced squad with no whingeing.

Guest diddimz

Oh, FFS. The "surrender monkeys" thing is a joke. It is a parody of bigotry. The fact that some on the right embraced the phrase and used it in earnest just shows what a bunch of clowns those people are.

Apparently, despite being famous for running away, the French are some of the best fighters that you'd want on your side in a war. I can't remember where I saw this little snippet or the details of it though, and it's really bugging me. Sure I saw it on a documentary/programme recently.

I think its not so much wanting them for their fighting ability, its more planning for the worst, if you need to retreat/tactical withdrawel, youve got the best of the best to get you out.

• 6 months later...

Calling a people "monkeys" certainly suggests that they are subhuman -- Untermensch.

Not that the Nazis were racist or anything. After all, Jews aren't black.  :rolleyes:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

what is it about French players and Newcastle? Just about every one we sign ends up moaning to the press (bar Sibierski!), complains about something , request transfers and end up leaving in 1 way or another. Something about their mentality when they come here or the north east air?

Didier Domi, Franck Dumas, Sylvain Distin, Stephane Guivarc'h, David Ginola, Laurent Charvet, Laurent Robert, Charles N'Zogbia, Olivier Bernard, Alain Goma, Jean Alain Boumsong...

Don't most players?

Except Shola - He will never die.

Tony Cascarino spent a good part of his career in France, and I can remember him pointing out that there were different conventions about players talking to the press. In France, it's basically more accepted that individual players can complain publicly about their team-mates, the manager, the club etc