Is Ashley actually in a position to save us?

stozo

West Ham forced out a manager some of their fans didn't particularly like, but they then got on with appointing his successor ASAP, keeping the fans up to speed every day with what was happening. They stuck by their system and got their man within two weeks.

Newcastle forced out a manager pretty much every one of their fans loved and sat around saying nothing whilst the fans' anger and despair reached fever pitch. They stuck by their system enough to prevent the manager coming back, yet abandoned it and the entire club when some people brought a poorly-directed and rather nonsensical banner to a match.

I don't see the comparison.

West Ham forced out a manager some of their fans didn't particularly like, but they then got on with appointing his successor ASAP, keeping the fans up to speed every day with what was happening. They stuck by their system and got their man within two weeks.

Newcastle forced out a manager pretty much every one of their fans loved and sat around saying nothing whilst the fans' anger and despair reached fever pitch. They stuck by their system enough to prevent the manager coming back, yet abandoned it and the entire club when some people brought a poorly-directed and rather nonsensical banner to a match.

I don't see the comparison.

Ashley was trying the sell club, as he had been asked to do.

I'm not at all happy with the way things have been handled, but in a lot of cases he really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Equally, he could have still went on and appointed  decent manager and win the fans back?

I think he knew the s*** was hitting the fan finalcially an used the fans backlash as an excuse to sell up.  Now the fat c*** is stuck with NUFC and us with him.

That's completely ignoring that the ADUG were interested in buying us and one of the main people in the Man City takeover said so during a TV interview.  He said that he repeatedly tried to contact Mike Ashley who failed to return his calls.

The chain of events is as follows:

ADUG try to contact Ashley who refuses to call them back.

Keegan spits his dummy out.

Fans protest and call for Ashley to go.

Ashley puts the club up for sale, as requested by protestors.

Nobody wants to manage the club.

Kinnear steps in to steady the club until a buyer is found.

No buyer found.

Stuck with Kinnear.

Have I missed anything?

TBF though, the majority of those who made tits of themselves outside St James' are not fans, they are mongs who thought they would be on the telly. The fans are still going to the games, the fans are the ones who are still behind the team. They are not the ones who are hurting now because of the state we are in, they couldn't care less.

I would say at least 90% came from inside the ground, I didn't see anybody come from anywhere else.  The age range was also very wide, it wasn't just kids.

He knew from his own experience of buying the club that you don't want to walk into a club where a new manager you may not want has been handed a long term deal.

A far as he was concerned the club would be sold and Kinnear would do a job for 8 weeks until it went through.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue that if the fans didn't protest and Ashley putting the club up for sale that we would have got a better manager than Kinnear in through the door, as I've said that's the only difference between us this season and West Ham.

1) The club was for sale the minute Keegan was employed. Probably one reason he made Keegan have a walkout penalty clause in his contract. The protests were only an excuse to make it public.

2) No manager would touch the job because he was only offering a 1 month contract. A contract to the end of the season would have seen plenty of interest and not caused much of a problem for new owners who would probably keep any manager until the Summer anyway.

3) Are West Ham not up for sale like? Everton & Portsmouth too for that matter.

Equally, he could have still went on and appointed  decent manager and win the fans back?

I think he knew the s*** was hitting the fan finalcially an used the fans backlash as an excuse to sell up.  Now the fat c*** is stuck with NUFC and us with him.

That's completely ignoring that the ADUG were interested in buying us and one of the main people in the Man City takeover said so during a TV interview.  He said that he repeatedly tried to contact Mike Ashley who failed to return his calls.

The chain of events is as follows:

ADUG try to contact Ashley who refuses to call them back.

Keegan spits his dummy out.

Fans protest and call for Ashley to go.

Ashley puts the club up for sale, as requested by protestors.

Nobody wants to manage the club.

Kinnear steps in to steady the club until a buyer is found.

No buyer found.

Stuck with Kinnear.

Have I missed anything?

you tell me.

The time to 'save us' spans from a period from September 4th to February 2nd. Where he can/could have appointed a proper manager.

He could have saved our season without even necassarily having to provide transfer funds. Could have just given a decent manager a contract.

The boat's pretty much sailed now, like. Cos he's been a dick and put his faith in Kinnear, our arses are going to be squeezing until the middle of May.

Perhaps if fans hadn't decided to protest and make the managers job unappealing then he would have appointed someone better, a few people did try and point this out at the time.

West Ham were in a similar position to us with the manager leaving for similar reasons, yet they seem to be doing so much better than we are and the only thing I can see that's different is their fans let the club get on with appointing a new manager and got behind him.

There is another difference. A lot of West Ham fans didn't think much of Curbishley and were happy to see the back of him. I don't think any section of their fanbase thought he was some sort of Messiah.     

That's more looking for a reason to justify that the protests were a good idea more than anything and I'm not really interested in how either set of fans saw the manager, the fact is West Ham were given time by their fans to go out and find who they thought was the right man to take the club forward, the same didn't happen here and now we're paying the price for it.

When Keegan left managers were interested in us but Ashley didn't want to appoint anyone until speaking to keegan again (the night before the Hull game) the fans decided to protest against Hull and got their wish when the club was put up for sale, yet they scratch their head why no decent manager would come here with so much uncertainty around the club.

The same fans who don't want Ashley at games but want him to stick his hand in his pocket and give us £20 million for signings.

TBF though, the majority of those who made tits of themselves outside St James' are not fans, they are mongs who thought they would be on the telly. The fans are still going to the games, the fans are the ones who are still behind the team. They are not the ones who are hurting now because of the state we are in, they couldn't care less.

I would say at least 90% came from inside the ground, I didn't see anybody come from anywhere else.  The age range was also very wide, it wasn't just kids.

The ones hanging round the groud during the day tended to be utter mongs. After the match people tend to hang about and get caught up in it.

He knew from his own experience of buying the club that you don't want to walk into a club where a new manager you may not want has been handed a long term deal.

A far as he was concerned the club would be sold and Kinnear would do a job for 8 weeks until it went through.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue that if the fans didn't protest and Ashley putting the club up for sale that we would have got a better manager than Kinnear in through the door, as I've said that's the only difference between us this season and West Ham.

1) The club was for sale the minute Keegan was employed. Probably one reason he made Keegan have a walkout penalty clause in his contract. The protests were only an excuse to make it public.

2) No manager would touch the job because he was only offering a 1 month contract. A contract to the end of the season would have seen plenty of interest and not caused much of a problem for new owners who would probably keep any manager until the Summer anyway.

You've got no proof that the club was up for sale, it's just your opinion, if Keegan does have a penalty clause in his contract it's because he's got a habit of walking out on clubs, even that didn't stop him again though.

Were West Ham up for sale when they employed Gianfranco Zola btw?

The ones hanging round the groud during the day tended to be utter mongs. After the match people tend to hang about and get caught up in it.

I came out of the ground and didn't notice anybody who came from anywhere else.

Have I missed anything?

Ashley spits his dummy out.

Yes he did, that's on the list as putting the club up for sale.

Could you put something in there about the 3 year deal before Dave starts on about how he's signed up for it again.

Could you put something in there about the 3 year deal before Dave starts on about how he's signed up for it again.

Yes, Dave has every right to be pissed off, just like every other supporter of the club.

He's been trying to sell from day one or that was the plan as soon as he got the club cheap. But he got bitten on the arse by hidden debt. All his fault. Totally.

Link?

Where's your fucking links?

I wish I had as much faith in them as you Baggio. It must be bliss.

Faith in them getting in a decent manager before all of this kicked off?

There was a fair few coming out showing an interest at the time so there was plenty to pick from, I don't remember any showing interest when it was announced the club was up for sale but perhaps that was just coincidence.

I'm more bothered that the club is skint but there's not much i can do about that.

Yes, Dave has every right to be pissed off, just like every other supporter of the club.

Since I didn't sign up for the 3 year deal because I didn't think saving £50 was a priority I'll happily give anyone looking to shift there ticket £250.

2 seats together would be better.

If you ever manage to put any actual facts in one of your posts, perhaps you can highlight them in red.