Is Ashley actually in a position to save us?

stozo

I've had doubts he's rich enough to own a Premiership club from the word go tbh. He's a chancer who saw an opportunity to own the ultimate executive toy and leapt in without having a clue what he was buying into and what funding and structure was needed to make it work

None of us knows his true financial status (and neither do the press although they'll tell you otherwise) but the moment he bought the club in the 2007 summer transfer window we started operating on a "sell before you buy" basis which was a major clue imo.

exactly

Again, the West Ham situation is a shit comparison, most of their fans wanted Curbishley out or were, at very best, ambivalent to his tenure... I don't recall there being anyone on here being anything but happy with Keegan being in charge, so totally different situation, but don't let that stop you, it's almost like you're on the Ashley staff, Baggio.

The thing that made the manager's position at St James' untenable had nothing to do with a fucking banner and 10 year olds stood outside the ground, it was seeing the most popular and successful manager the club has had in recent times being forced to resign when it became clear he didn't have control of transfers and had been lied to when recruited. Even then, people like Fatih Terim and Van Gaal would still, seemingly, have been achievable targets who would have fitted in around the system, but did Ashley go for them? No, he went to some fucking football graveyard and dug up  :kinnear:, achieving what seemed impossible, in adding an even bigger fucking moron than the rest of them to our management / executive team. Try and blame the fans / players / media all you like, the buck stops at the door of Ashley and Ashley alone. He has fucked up royally, doesn't have the balls to fix it and i hope he ends up penniless because of it - the only good thing to come of this would be finding Ashley selling pirate dvds on a market stall in Tottenham - back where he fucking belongs.

:clap:

Perhaps if fans hadn't decided to protest and make the managers job unappealing then he would have appointed someone better, a few people did try and point this out at the time.

West Ham were in a similar position to us with the manager leaving for similar reasons, yet they seem to be doing so much better than we are and the only thing I can see that's different is their fans let the club get on with appointing a new manager and got behind him.

:lol:

West Ham did something about it. Our lot just let the ill feelings stew, then threw the toys out of the pram when the going got tough. Ironic, eh?

correct. And conveniently ignoring the fact the Keith Barrett is as good an NUFC supporter as you will find.

Guest elbee909

OzzieMandias will never post his own opinion on a subject in case he is later proven to be wrong as he so often has been in the past.

Great!

FUCK ALL TO DO WITH THE FANS MAN

It's anyone's fault but the people who actually run the club, it seems.

aye, right again. Everybody knows about Newcastle's potential support.

The time to 'save us' spans from a period from September 4th to February 2nd. Where he can/could have appointed a proper manager.

He could have saved our season without even necassarily having to provide transfer funds. Could have just given a decent manager a contract.

The boat's pretty much sailed now, like. Cos he's been a dick and put his faith in Kinnear, our arses are going to be squeezing until the middle of May.

Perhaps if fans hadn't decided to protest and make the managers job unappealing then he would have appointed someone better, a few people did try and point this out at the time.

West Ham were in a similar position to us with the manager leaving for similar reasons, yet they seem to be doing so much better than we are and the only thing I can see that's different is their fans let the club get on with appointing a new manager and got behind him.

Equally, he could have still went on and appointed  decent manager and win the fans back?

I think he knew the shit was hitting the fan finalcially an used the fans backlash as an excuse to sell up.  Now the fat cunt is stuck with NUFC and us with him.

He knew from his own experience of buying the club that you don't want to walk into a club where a new manager you may not want has been handed a long term deal.

A far as he was concerned the club would be sold and Kinnear would do a job for 8 weeks until it went through.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue that if the fans didn't protest and Ashley putting the club up for sale that we would have got a better manager than Kinnear in through the door, as I've said that's the only difference between us this season and West Ham.

what you mean is any good manager would be put off by working for an owner like Ashley because he had been exposed as someone without the desire to capitalise on the size of the club.

:lol:

West Ham did something about it. Our lot just let the ill feelings stew, then threw the toys out of the pram when the going got tough. Ironic, eh?

correct. And conveniently ignoring the fact the Keith Barrett is as good an NUFC as you will find.

I think you're getting confused between the home and away games.

The time to 'save us' spans from a period from September 4th to February 2nd. Where he can/could have appointed a proper manager.

He could have saved our season without even necassarily having to provide transfer funds. Could have just given a decent manager a contract.

The boat's pretty much sailed now, like. Cos he's been a dick and put his faith in Kinnear, our arses are going to be squeezing until the middle of May.

Equally, he could have still went on and appointed  decent manager and win the fans back?

I think he knew the shit was hitting the fan finalcially an used the fans backlash as an excuse to sell up.  Now the fat cunt is stuck with NUFC and us with him.

He knew from his own experience of buying the club that you don't want to walk into a club where a new manager you may not want has been handed a long term deal.

A far as he was concerned the club would be sold and Kinnear would do a job for 8 weeks until it went through.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue that if the fans didn't protest and Ashley putting the club up for sale that we would have got a better manager than Kinnear in through the door, as I've said that's the only difference between us this season and West Ham.

what you mean is any good manager would be put off by working for an owner like Ashley because he had been exposed as someone without the desire to capitalise on the size of the club.

Terim and Deuchamps were both interested at the time of Keegan walking so that doesn't quite back up your opinion.

He's been trying to sell from day one or that was the plan as soon as he got the club cheap. But he got bitten on the arse by hidden debt. All his fault. Totally.

Link?

Where's your fucking links?

mackems.gif

Terim and Deuchamps were both interested at the time of Keegan walking so that doesn't quite back up your opinion.

Interested until they talked to Ashley.

1) The club was for sale the minute Keegan was employed. Probably one reason he made Keegan have a walkout penalty clause in his contract. The protests were only an excuse to make it public.

2) No manager would touch the job because he was only offering a 1 month contract. A contract to the end of the season would have seen plenty of interest and not caused much of a problem for new owners who would probably keep any manager until the Summer anyway.

3) Are West Ham not up for sale like? Everton & Portsmouth too for that matter.

If you ever manage to put any actual facts in one of your posts, perhaps you can highlight them in red.

omg

I don't remember hearing about either speaking with Ashley as he was waiting to speak to keegan the night before the Hull match.

For anyone who doesnt believe Mike can stump up £20 million! ffs it wouldnt even scrtach the surface of his interest on personal wealth.

"Ashley would normally be worth £1.527 billion. We knock that back, however, by the £129m he was reported to have lost recently betting on the share price of HBOS bank. " http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3796842.ece

The question is not if he can? it is does he want to?. Likeevery other nufc fan I desperately want him to stick his hand in his pocket, but holding up a banner and telling him hes a cunt is not going to do it! We are the club and lets not forget it, so this Sunday lets make it clear to him hes welcome back here with his cheque book. Because lets face it everything else has failed.

I don't remember hearing about either speaking with Ashley as he was waiting to speak to keegan the night before the Hull match.

By 'waiting' i assume you mean getting fucked up in a tacky nightclub in the states with a bunch of low rent rent-a-whores quaffing all the booze he could fill them with... That type of 'waiting' yeah? Whilst Keegan was obviously unavailable

By 'waiting' i assume you mean getting fucked up in a tacky nightclub in the states with a bunch of low rent rent-a-whores quaffing all the booze he could fill them with... That type of 'waiting' yeah? Whilst Keegan was obviously unavailable

Ashley was on business through Sports Direct I thought? Unless he shouldn't be going out at night while out there.

When he came back it was reported that Keegan was out in Spain.

West Ham absolutely nailed it it seems.

They've got the same director of football setup, but went out and got a young manager who was comfortable with the whole thing as soon as Curbs decided it wasn't for him.

Now it's all coming together for them.

To be fair I did see an interview on goals on Sunday where Poyet confirmed that he was approached but he turned it down because of the protests etc.

Why we didn't try for someone like Deschamps I will never know.

West Ham absolutely nailed it it seems.

They've got the same director of football setup, but went out and got a young manager who was comfortable with the whole thing as soon as Curbs decided it wasn't for him.

Now it's all coming together for them.

To be fair I did see an interview on goals on Sunday where Poyet confirmed that he was approached but he turned it down because of the protests etc.

Why we didn't try for someone like Deschamps I will never know.

I'm not sure if Poyet was offered the job but quite a few were approached to find out who would be interested, I remember the Deportivo manager saying that he had been approached too.

Not really surprising to hear that people were put off by the protests though.

Ashley was on business through Sports Direct I thought? Unless he shouldn't be going out at night while out there.

There was me thinking that the majority of reports pointed at him being in LA to try and break into the film industry... An industry he knew nothing about and probably decided he wanted involvement in on some kind of whim... But then again, what sort of savvy businessman would do that, eh?! It's not like he had previous...

Also, whatever reason he was there, obviously wasn't something that couldn't hold off for a MASSIVE lash up (we saw the bill, after all), so one would have thought priority would lie in returning to one of his biggest single assets which was on the brink of implosion and certainly not appearing in public making a twat of himself when he would have known it would have made the situation a whole lot worse.

So... Keegan 'resigned', he fucked off to the states, got fucked with his mates and didn't deal with the situation, had his mates release one of the most petty and juvenile statements to ever come out of a football club, came back and failed to reach a compromise with Keegan and then threw a massive fucking hissy fit and put the club up for sale when the crowd dared to question his intentions towards the club?

There was me thinking that the majority of reports pointed at him being in LA to try and break into the film industry... An industry he knew nothing about and probably decided he wanted involvement in on some kind of whim... But then again, what sort of savvy businessman would do that, eh?! It's not like he had previous...

Also, whatever reason he was there, obviously wasn't something that couldn't hold off for a MASSIVE lash up (we saw the bill, after all), so one would have thought priority would lie in returning to one of his biggest single assets which was on the brink of implosion and certainly not appearing in public making a twat of himself when he would have known it would have made the situation a whole lot worse.

So... Keegan 'resigned', he fucked off to the states, got fucked with his mates and didn't deal with the situation, had his mates release one of the most petty and juvenile statements to ever come out of a football club, came back and failed to reach a compromise with Keegan and then threw a massive fucking hissy fit and put the club up for sale when the crowd dared to question his intentions towards the club?

Pertty much.

Apparently he was interested in remaking 'The Elephant Man' with JK in the lead role.

Guest elbee909

OzzieMandias will never post his own opinion on a subject in case he is later proven to be wrong as he so often has been in the past.

Great!

and correct

Big fucking deal.

pretty sure he was out there for something to do with Sports Direct, the whole film thing was because he met someone while out there who put the idea to him iirc.

Still he employs people to run NUFC for him and can't drop everything at the drop everything from his main business because Keegan's throwing his toys out of the pram again, I can understand why you can't see that he's done any wrong though.