NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Promoting NUSC and get a few more members apparently.

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

Can you link me to the most recent example of that please?

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

NUSC had nothing to do with the Cockney Mafia Out banner. 

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

Was that the "No more geordie cash for Ashley" one?

Something like that - can't really remember - same sentiments different words.

BOYCOUTT!!!!!!

sorry lads, this has no relevance to anything, I just really felt compelled to post this

Guest fading star

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

True enough, but for some reason it hasn’t attracted any of the criticism the Cockney Mafia Out banner has - why do you think that is?

The departure of KK created the energy needed to get a supporters group up and running. That it still has a distinct anti Ashley slant a few months after the catalyst for it’s formation is inevitable. There simply hasn’t been enough time for it to evolve into something a bit more rounded. However, if you think a supporters club is a good idea this is the best chance we’ll ever have of having one.

YOu're wrong it's actually to bring about world peace.

But I suppose you've got a gripe about that as well.

Is that the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped?

Parky man, have you really resorted to comments like that in some vain effort to try and stick up for these fools?  :nope:

Parky man, have you really resorted to comments like that in some vain effort to try and stick up for these fools?  :nope:

Vain effort?  :lol:

True enough, but for some reason it hasn’t attracted any of the criticism the Cockney Mafia Out banner has - why do you think that is?

The departure of KK created the energy needed to get a supporters group up and running. That it still has a distinct anti Ashley slant a few months after the catalyst for it’s formation is inevitable. There simply hasn’t been enough time for it to evolve into something a bit more rounded. However, if you think a supporters club is a good idea this is the best chance we’ll ever have of having one.

Good point about the dynamic of what goes from an initial catalyst (KK leaving) and slowly over time becomes more all encompassing.

It will happen with or without some of the dingo's on here.

Parky man, have you really resorted to comments like that in some vain effort to try and stick up for these fools? :nope:

Vain effort? :lol:

"YOu're"

No comma after "wrong"?

:p

Guest toonlass

Good point about the dynamic of what goes from an initial catalyst (KK leaving) and slowly over time becomes more all encompassing.

NUSC have the opportunity to be a good thing, if they get off their single issue soapbox and start to think about things properly. They were set up as a knee-jerk reaction, and they need to realise that they have alienated themselves from the hierarchy of Newcastle United will ill-thought out comments, and the wrong attitude if they wanted to build a relationship between themselves and the club. If they can prove to be an organisation that is truly a supporters club, and not just a one trick pony then maybe the general population of newcastle fans will view them differently but until they do they can protest and rally and boycott all they like, but not in my name.

Or perhaps, this fully fledged one issue protest group masquerading as a half-arsed "Supporters' Club" could quite possibly kill off any chances of a true supporters' club for years to come?

Depends how they go about it to be honest. I believe NUSCs plan is to start in Iraq and they already have  a banner made up with Abd ar-Rahman al-Haydari al Gillani out.

Broadly they have my agreement as under Saddam Iraq was on a par with the big hitters in the region including Iran and Syria with foreign excursions aplenty. He may have led the country to the brink of bankruptcy chasing the dream of foreign annexation but there is no evidence that he would have led the country to a collapse similar to Yemen.

Guest fading star

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like shit. For at least four decades it’s been a straight choice between putting up with whatever shit is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

Guest toonlass

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like shit. For at least four decades it’s been a straight choice between putting up with whatever shit is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

And so I repeat....

NUSC have the opportunity to be a good thing, if they get off their single issue soapbox and start to think about things properly. They were set up as a knee-jerk reaction, and they need to realise that they have alienated themselves from the hierarchy of Newcastle United will ill-thought out comments, and the wrong attitude if they wanted to build a relationship between themselves and the club. If they can prove to be an organisation that is truly a supporters club, and not just a one trick pony then maybe the general population of newcastle fans will view them differently but until they do they can protest and rally and boycott all they like, but not in my name.

Guest fading star

Or perhaps, this fully fledged one issue protest group masquerading as a half-arsed "Supporters' Club" could quite possibly kill off any chances of a true supporters' club for years to come?

Which supporters club would that be? For the last ten years we’ve been represented by a supporters club with one member, and that was formed in the wake of Shepherd turfing bond holders out of their seats.  Who is going to set up this true supporters group… Nile Ranger?

Depends how they go about it to be honest. I believe NUSCs plan is to start in Iraq and they already have  a banner made up with Abd ar-Rahman al-Haydari al Gillani out.

Broadly they have my agreement as under Saddam Iraq was on a par with the big hitters in the region including Iran and Syria with foreign excursions aplenty. He may have led the country to the brink of bankruptcy chasing the dream of foreign annexation but there is no evidence that he would have led the country to a collapse similar to Yemen.

One calamitous purchase of a  first strike capability Owenjazeera Scudd III did for the dreams.

Crystal ball?

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like s***. For at least four decades it’s been a straight choice between putting up with whatever s*** is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

And so I repeat....

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level 7, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that  if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

The only one trick pony is you constantly repeating yourself.

Guest fading star

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like s***. For at least four decades it’s been a straight choice between putting up with whatever s*** is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

And so I repeat....

NUSC represents it’s members. That’s the whole point. The more members it has the more closely it will reflect the views of supporters. If NUSC had 40,000 members would it be more supportive of Ashley?

And so I repeat....

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level 7, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that  if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

:clap:

Guest toonlass

And so I repeat....

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that you if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

And I would say bollocks to that. I have already said about the stewarding. I got a phone call from the police in charge of match day policing who told me it was due to "individual supporters" like myself and others who complained to the club and the police about the stewarding that this got changed. Never mentioned NUSC at all in it. Ok they may have become involved in individual cases with the boro islamaphobia bollocks but where was the NUSC press statement immediately after the media branded us racists for the second season running denying that? No-where! They didn't bother with it. If they want to be a supporters club then represent all the supporters in a professional manner. If they want to be an "Ashley OUT" organisation then find someone who is willing to buy the club from Ashley, but don't pretend to be a representative body for the supporters when there are only 600 members and numbers in polls show that they do not represent the feelings of the majority of supporters.

Guest toonlass

And so I repeat....

Plus I am not prepared to pay for the privilige of joining an organisation which completely ignored the comments made by people with the same views as me as happened in the last meeting. Why should I?

Crystal ball?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

And so I repeat....

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that you if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

And I would say bollocks to that. I have already said about the stewarding. I got a phone call from the police in charge of match day policing who told me it was due to "individual supporters" like myself and others who complained to the club and the police about the stewarding that this got changed. Never mentioned NUSC at all in it. Ok they may have become involved in individual cases with the boro islamaphobia bollocks but where was the NUSC press statement immediately after the media branded us racists for the second season running denying that? No-where! They didn't bother with it. If they want to be a supporters club then represent all the supporters in a professional manner. If they want to be an "Ashley OUT" organisation then find someone who is willing to buy the club from Ashley, but don't pretend to be a representative body for the supporters when there are only 600 members and numbers in polls show that they do not represent the feelings of the majority of supporters.

The polls on here are utter bollocks anyway, people were voting on if they agree with NUSC's aims when the don't/didn't know what the aims of the NUSC are.   Reading this forum you'd get the impression that it is ONLY wanting Ashley Out which isn't true.   

Guest toonlass

And so I repeat....

The polls on here is utter bollocks anyway, people were voting on if they agree with NUSC's aims when the don't/didn't know what the aims of the NUSC are.   Reading this forum you'd get the impression that it is ONLY wanting Ashley Out which isn't true.   

So maybe NUSC need to inform the Newcastle United fans WHAT their actual aims are. Because no-one, including NUSC, seems to know!

Crystal ball?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

Well it ain't supposition like yours Hugo.