NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So not only does no-one know what the point of the rally is, there's not a single mention of it on the NUSC website! This lack of communication is a disgrace!! I demand that the leadership of NUSC meets with us (me) to tell us what their plans are for the future of the (supporters') club.

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

So not only does no-one know what the point of the rally is, there's not a single mention of it on the NUSC website! This lack of communication is a disgrace!! I demand that the leadership of NUSC meets with us (me) to tell us what their plans are for the future of the (supporters') club.

i'm not going to argue with you on that score, i agree with you its shocking that there has been nothing said about what this rally is for or what they plan to achieve, they've had nearly 2 weeks to get the heads together and come up with something!!

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

It's almost like you have a spotter spotting stuff for you isn't it.

i'm not going to argue with you on that score, i agree with you its shocking that there has been nothing said about what this rally is for or what they plan to achieve, they've had nearly 2 weeks to get the heads together and come up with something!!

NUSC could become a good supporters' club, I just don't see any evidence of them doing so, or even trying to at present. As for the their anti-Ashley campaign, well the first thing you have to do if you're going to criticise someone's running of their organisation is to make sure that you don't do the exact same thing with yours, they don't seem to see the irony in that, let alone the hypocrisy.

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

An underground network, even.

A bit like the metro. ;)

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

A bit like the metro. ;)

Someone with a similar train of thought? :coat:

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

Sounds suspiciously Agent Provcateur-ish

Well spotted.

It was, wasn't it.

;)

A bit like the metro. ;)

Someone with a similar train of thought? :coat:

I thought mine was bad...

NUSC could become a good supporters' club, I just don't see any evidence of them doing so, or even trying to at present. As for the their anti-Ashley campaign, well the first thing you have to do if you're going to criticise someone's running of their organisation is to make sure that you don't do the exact same thing with yours, they don't seem to see the irony in that, let alone the hypocrisy.

Won't deny its had "teething" problems but was always going to considering it was formed on the back of the Keegan dismissal and feelings among fans running high,  this forum has been critical of NUSC for its hardline approach whereas i've read things on the chronicle forum and people on there are giving it a hardtime for not been hard enough!!

I still believe its got a big future,  whatever criticisms people on here have its growing daily, if you believe True Faith it already  the largest and fastest growing independent correctly convened club supporters association in the UK(not sure what they mean by correctly convened mind),  there's already as far as i'm aware plans for it to become a supporters trust which would be a good move and give it more power and credence.

Won't deny its had "teething" problems but was always going to considering it was formed on the back of the Keegan dismissal and feelings among fans running high,  this forum has been critical of NUSC for its hardline approach whereas i've read things on the chronicle forum and people on there are giving it a hardtime for not been hard enough!!

I still believe its got a big future,  whatever criticisms people on here have its growing daily, if you believe True Faith it already  the largest and fastest growing independent correctly convened club supporters association in the UK(not sure what they mean by correctly convened mind),  there's already as far as i'm aware plans for it to become a supporters trust which would be a good move and give it more power and credence.

What is the significance of being a supporter's trust? How does that work?

The problem is it has been going since September, that's 6 months or so and they've had what, 3 meetings? It's not moved on or developed in any broader sense since then and they still don't really know what they stand for and continue to do things like organise a rally for no apparent reason. They don't know what their members think because they've not asked them, they prefer to assume that everyone thinks like they do and have to ignore or shout down those that don't.

I don't personally agree with their stance on the whole Ashley thing, but it's their ineptitude and arrogance that really annoys me, if they were an effective and well-run group then I'd give them respect for that, but they're not, NUSC is a total shambles and shows no sign of learning from it's previous mistakes.

I'm pretty sure that it was referred to as the "fastest growing" supporters' group, which is a totally fallacious title as it has only just been formed so it's rate of growth would obviously be high. The fact that they are using misleading statements like that shows me the kind of people we're dealing with here, they don't care how they manipulate the truth as long as it sounds good for their agenda.

I can't remember exactly what was said to be honest,  Colin Whittle proposed it at the first (and only!!) members meeting mpnths ago and it was voted through with a huge majority,  i think he'd looked into starting one when there was the save our seats carry on years ago.  The one thing that has stuck in head though is that if it gets trust status it can get government funding, but again i'm not sure how that would work.

Won't deny its had "teething" problems but was always going to considering it was formed on the back of the Keegan dismissal and feelings among fans running high, this forum has been critical of NUSC for its hardline approach whereas i've read things on the chronicle forum and people on there are giving it a hardtime for not been hard enough!!

I still believe its got a big future, whatever criticisms people on here have its growing daily, if you believe True Faith it already the largest and fastest growing independent correctly convened club supporters association in the UK(not sure what they mean by correctly convened mind), there's already as far as i'm aware plans for it to become a supporters trust which would be a good move and give it more power and credence.

I can't remember exactly what was said to be honest, Colin Whittle proposed it at the first (and only!!) members meeting mpnths ago and it was voted through with a huge majority, i think he'd looked into starting one when there was the save our seats carry on years ago. The one thing that has stuck in head though is that if it gets trust status it can get government funding, but again i'm not sure how that would work.

You see that's one of the main problems with NUSC, it's all about "how can we get bigger, how can we get more members and more publicity?" and very little about "why do we exist, what are we about, what are we trying to say and how can we serve our members' interests?". It just seems like one huge vanity project for its leadership built on the back of the current unrest amongst the fans.

I can't remember exactly what was said to be honest,  Colin Whittle proposed it at the first (and only!!) members meeting mpnths ago and it was voted through with a huge majority,  i think he'd looked into starting one when there was the save our seats carry on years ago.  The one thing that has stuck in head though is that if it gets trust status it can get government funding, but again i'm not sure how that would work.

You see that's one of the main problems with NUSC, it's all about "how can we get bigger, how can we get more members and more publicity?" and very little about "why do we exist, what are we about, what are we trying to say and how can we serve our members' interests?". It just seems like one huge vanity project for its leadership built on the back of the current unrest amongst the fans.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

So the NUSC is charging £10/head for membership fees, and is also applying for extra funds from the government...and providing what in exchange exactly for members who sign up? The opportunity to air my views which I provide here for nowt?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

So the NUSC is charging £10/head for membership fees, and is also applying for extra funds from the government...and providing what in exchange exactly for members who sign up? The opportunity to air my views which I provide here for nowt?

That is out of order. For your subscription fee you get to go the Irish Centre by China Town every now and again. I'd imagine once they've got government funding every member will get a free cap saying 'NUSC - That's for me!' and a matching foam finger emblazoned with some equally catchy slogan such as 'Fingers high if you want Ashley to die!'

NUSC is the future

http://www.supporters-direct.org/page.asp?p=2074

You get a badge, a keyring and a sticker.

Won't deny its had "teething" problems but was always going to considering it was formed on the back of the Keegan dismissal and feelings among fans running high, this forum has been critical of NUSC for its hardline approach whereas i've read things on the chronicle forum and people on there are giving it a hardtime for not been hard enough!!

I still believe its got a big future, whatever criticisms people on here have its growing daily, if you believe True Faith it already the largest and fastest growing independent correctly convened club supporters association in the UK(not sure what they mean by correctly convened mind), there's already as far as i'm aware plans for it to become a supporters trust which would be a good move and give it more power and credence.

I can't remember exactly what was said to be honest, Colin Whittle proposed it at the first (and only!!) members meeting mpnths ago and it was voted through with a huge majority, i think he'd looked into starting one when there was the save our seats carry on years ago. The one thing that has stuck in head though is that if it gets trust status it can get government funding, but again i'm not sure how that would work.

Name one positive thing that they've done in their six months.

If you want, you can include something that has made Ashley's departure more likely as one of your "positive" things, you still won't find anything.

Whatever your view on Ashley, NUSC has achieved nothing, other than self-publicity.

I could make a much better argument for it being a vanity project than I've heard anyone make for it being a supporters' club, so far. I doubt you've got anything revelatory to add (simply because there is nothing), but you're welcome to try.

I don't agree that 2 positions of 14th and 13th negates all the european qualifications, capacity gates, great players, ground expansion, and growth of the club, no.

The bigger picture is that if you disagree, I hope you are still pleased with the kneejerk badly judged demand for change, and the replacements.

So it was only those two positions?  Here's me thinking that we also had 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, 4 years running, my mistake.

under souness, Roeder and Allardyce, we finished 14th, 7th, and 13th.  I thought you said you knew about the club  mackems.gif

Please tell everyone how often we finished as high as 7th between 1960 and 1992 ? Or even 14th [our lowest position under the Halls and Shepherd] in those 32 years ?

You would just love to prove me wrong wouldn't you, but you won't correct yourself here, because you can't  mackems.gif

as one or two people have said I don't answer questions, and have disputed the FACT that what I say is backed up factual date.  - they are free to ask ask again if I've missed them -

BUMP

you wont answer my question but instead of derailing yet another thread why not pop into the ne5 v the world thread to do it ?

I don't agree that 2 positions of 14th and 13th negates all the european qualifications, capacity gates, great players, ground expansion, and growth of the club, no.

The bigger picture is that if you disagree, I hope you are still pleased with the kneejerk badly judged demand for change, and the replacements.

So it was only those two positions?  Here's me thinking that we also had 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, 4 years running, my mistake.

under souness, Roeder and Allardyce, we finished 14th, 7th, and 13th.  I thought you said you knew about the club  mackems.gif

Please tell everyone how often we finished as high as 7th between 1960 and 1992 ? Or even 14th [our lowest position under the Halls and Shepherd] in those 32 years ?

You would just love to prove me wrong wouldn't you, but you won't correct yourself here, because you can't  mackems.gif

as one or two people have said I don't answer questions, and have disputed the FACT that what I say is backed up factual date.  - they are free to ask ask again if I've missed them -

BUMP

you wont answer my question but instead of derailing yet another thread why not pop into the ne5 v the world thread to do it ?

Which is where you'll find the posts from last night.

Like I said before: Stop the fucking bickering and do not derail this topic from discussing NUSC, or else. I am now in a bit of a draconian mood about this and the least that will happen is that off-topic posts will be deleted, that's if I'm in a good mood..

Don't fuck with my thread.

This applies to everyone.

Name one positive thing that they've done in their six months.

If you want, you can include something that has made Ashley's departure more likely as one of your "positive" things, you still won't find anything.

Whatever your view on Ashley, NUSC has achieved nothing, other than self-publicity.

I could make a much better argument for it being a vanity project than I've heard anyone make for it being a supporters' club, so far. I doubt you've got anything revelatory to add (simply because there is nothing), but you're welcome to try.

Ha ha it's only been going a couple of months.

Wait and learn.

6 months is more than a couple although i guess if they're planning to maintain their current pace me one real meeting every 6 months it will take a long time for anything to happen. It's strange that you seem to think 6 months is a short time considering the group we're talking about came about following an almost complete about turn from people thinking that everything was going well to everything was going shite to the extent that they needed to protest & set up nusc that whole process took what 6 days?