NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest fading star

Promoting NUSC and get a few more members apparently.

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

Can you link me to the most recent example of that please?

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

NUSC had nothing to do with the Cockney Mafia Out banner. 

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

Was that the "No more geordie cash for Ashley" one?

Something like that - can't really remember - same sentiments different words.

True enough, but for some reason it hasn’t attracted any of the criticism the Cockney Mafia Out banner has - why do you think that is?

The departure of KK created the energy needed to get a supporters group up and running. That it still has a distinct anti Ashley slant a few months after the catalyst for it’s formation is inevitable. There simply hasn’t been enough time for it to evolve into something a bit more rounded. However, if you think a supporters club is a good idea this is the best chance we’ll ever have of having one.

Good point about the dynamic of what goes from an initial catalyst (KK leaving) and slowly over time becomes more all encompassing.

It will happen with or without some of the dingo's on here.

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like s***. For at least four decades it’s been a straight choice between putting up with whatever s*** is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

And so I repeat....

NUSC have the opportunity to be a good thing, if they get off their single issue soapbox and start to think about things properly. They were set up as a knee-jerk reaction, and they need to realise that they have alienated themselves from the hierarchy of Newcastle United will ill-thought out comments, and the wrong attitude if they wanted to build a relationship between themselves and the club. If they can prove to be an organisation that is truly a supporters club, and not just a one trick pony then maybe the general population of newcastle fans will view them differently but until they do they can protest and rally and boycott all they like, but not in my name.

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level 7, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that  if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

The only one trick pony is you constantly repeating yourself.

This too is true. From the premium rate box office number to vandalising the Gallowgate, virtually no aspect of the club’s activities can be discussed without Ashley's name popping up. Debate about tactics have been replaced with debates about player amortisation. Talk of new chants has been replaced by chatter about banners.

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

The Keegan protest? Thats pretty recent. Cockney Mafia Banner? Is that recent enough?

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

True enough, but for some reason it hasn’t attracted any of the criticism the Cockney Mafia Out banner has - why do you think that is?

The departure of KK created the energy needed to get a supporters group up and running. That it still has a distinct anti Ashley slant a few months after the catalyst for it’s formation is inevitable. There simply hasn’t been enough time for it to evolve into something a bit more rounded. However, if you think a supporters club is a good idea this is the best chance we’ll ever have of having one.

Good point about the dynamic of what goes from an initial catalyst (KK leaving) and slowly over time becomes more all encompassing.

Or perhaps, this fully fledged one issue protest group masquerading as a half-arsed "Supporters' Club" could quite possibly kill off any chances of a true supporters' club for years to come?

Crystal ball?

The Keegan protest? Thats pretty recent. Cockney Mafia Banner? Is that recent enough?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

Well it ain't supposition like yours Hugo.

Erm, yes it is.

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

Or perhaps, this fully fledged one issue protest group masquerading as a half-arsed "Supporters' Club" could quite possibly kill off any chances of a true supporters' club for years to come?

Crystal ball?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

Erm, yes it is.

If you could quote I'd take you seriously.  :lol:

True enough, but for some reason it hasnt attracted any of the criticism the Cockney Mafia Out banner has - why do you think that is?

The departure of KK created the energy needed to get a supporters group up and running. That it still has a distinct anti Ashley slant a few months after the catalyst for its formation is inevitable. There simply hasnt been enough time for it to evolve into something a bit more rounded. However, if you think a supporters club is a good idea this is the best chance well ever have of having one.

Those dismissing NUSC as a protest group are missing the big picture. Newcastle supporters loyalty has been abused for as long as I can remember. Owner after owner has treated us like s***. For at least four decades its been a straight choice between putting up with whatever s*** is hurled our way, or stop actively supporting the club we love.  A strong supporters group would give us an alternative.

And so I repeat....

NUSC have the opportunity to be a good thing, if they get off their single issue soapbox and start to think about things properly. They were set up as a knee-jerk reaction, and they need to realise that they have alienated themselves from the hierarchy of Newcastle United will ill-thought out comments, and the wrong attitude if they wanted to build a relationship between themselves and the club. If they can prove to be an organisation that is truly a supporters club, and not just a one trick pony then maybe the general population of newcastle fans will view them differently but until they do they can protest and rally and boycott all they like, but not in my name.

NUSC is not a one trick pony, it has already tried to help on topics such as stewarding on level, help with the 2 lads who were arrested at Boro for the Islamaphobia etc BUT if you take your blinkers off for 2 minutes YOU may find out that you if you read the football letters pages, fanzines etc THE main topic concerning the supporters of NUFC is Mike Ashley, Llambias and Wise  and there perceived mismanagement of the club.  That is what Newcastle fans are talking about on almost a daily basis, that is what has filled most newspaper column inches on none match days, I'm sure if fans were complaining of ticket prices rising or not taking full away allocations then i'm sure they would be brought up but Ashley IS the main topic at this moment in time.

The only one trick pony is you constantly repeating yourself.

And I would say bollocks to that. I have already said about the stewarding. I got a phone call from the police in charge of match day policing who told me it was due to "individual supporters" like myself and others who complained to the club and the police about the stewarding that this got changed. Never mentioned NUSC at all in it. Ok they may have become involved in individual cases with the boro islamaphobia bollocks but where was the NUSC press statement immediately after the media branded us racists for the second season running denying that? No-where! They didn't bother with it. If they want to be a supporters club then represent all the supporters in a professional manner. If they want to be an "Ashley OUT" organisation then find someone who is willing to buy the club from Ashley, but don't pretend to be a representative body for the supporters when there are only 600 members and numbers in polls show that they do not represent the feelings of the majority of supporters.

The polls on here is utter bollocks anyway, people were voting on if they agree with NUSC's aims when the don't/didn't know what the aims of the NUSC are.   Reading this forum you'd get the impression that it is ONLY wanting Ashley Out which isn't true.   

So maybe NUSC need to inform the Newcastle United fans WHAT their actual aims are. Because no-one, including NUSC, seems to know!

i posted them on one of the threads last week,  you even agreed with one of the them,  the one calling for the resignation of Wise & Llambias!!

Which supporters club would that be? For the last ten years we’ve been represented by a supporters club with one member, and that was formed in the wake of Shepherd turfing bond holders out of their seats.  Who is going to set up this true supporters group… Nile Ranger?

The one that could possibly exist if there wasn't a magpie in the nest pretending to be one and eating all the food.

Pun intended.

Crystal ball?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

Erm, yes it is.

Says he.

Ah so they have 4 aims then, two of which contradict the other two. Nice one!

i can't remember what they are apart from the one i just mentioned and the long term goal of fan representation at boardroom level.

Thing is you have said you agreed with one but i would no doubt guess that when it came to putting your vote on the poll you said not at all!

Crystal ball?

Crystal ball?

Your point is?

Erm, yes it is.

Says he.

Did it on porpoise.

Can the people who insist that NUSC isn't a one issue protest group let me know what other issues were discussed at the meeting then, because when I listened to it, there were none.

Let the love in baby.

Can the people who insist that NUSC isn't a one issue protest group let me know what other issues were discussed at the meeting then, because when I listened to it, there were none.

As you know from listening to the meeting Ashley/Llambias and Wise dominated the discussion but like i have said earlier that is what the MAIN topic of conversation and concern among Newcastle supporters, people are worried about the state of their football club and want to know what they can do.  Like i have said things such as ticket prices aren't something that the fans are getting worked up about at present.

Let the love in baby.

So are you going to show up at 27 Rue de Helder 10.30am on 21st May, or what?

Aside from not yet knowing what the overall goals of NUSC are, in the shorter term, do we know what's happening at this rally on Sunday?

i'd imagine that they'll announce something in the press in the next couple of days.  They'll have to say something as its just a guessing game at the minute.

As you know from listening to the meeting Ashley/Llambias and Wise dominated the discussion but like i have said earlier that is what the MAIN topic of conversation and concern among Newcastle supporters, people are worried about the state of their football club and want to know what they can do.  Like i have said things such as ticket prices aren't something that the fans are getting worked up about at present.

So NUSC is a one-issue protest group then.

I don't see why the NUSC supporters don't just call a spade a spade and admit it. Yes, it has the potential to become a true supporters' club, but it shows no intention or desire to do so. Until it does, it won't be and will continue to be criticised for trying to pass itself off as one.

Guest fading star

It was a public meeting. The agenda was set by supporters not NUSC.

If NUSC fails to represent the views of the majority of supporters it will be because the majority of supporters have sat on their hands instead of grasping what is a fantastic opportunity to be effectively represented.

There was lad at the meeting who stuck up for Ashley. I didn’t agree with his opinion but respected him for turning up and putting an alternative view across. It took a bit of courage to grab the mike and play devils advocate to an audience of hundreds. A lot more courage than Ashley has displayed that’s for sure.

Let the love in baby.

So are you going to show up at 27 Rue de Helder 10.30am on 21st May, or what?

Might have to at this rate. I'll stay at Chez's.  :smug:

If NUSC fails to represent the views of the majority of supporters it will be because the majority of supporters have sat on their hands instead of grasping what is a fantastic opportunity to be effectively represented.

There was lad at the meeting who stuck up for Ashley. I didn’t agree with his opinion but respected him for turning up and putting an alternative view across. It took a bit of courage to grab the mike and play devils advocate to an audience of hundreds. A lot more courage than Ashley has displayed that’s for sure.

Shame that bloke's courage wasn't reflected by NUSC when they completely ignored his point and carried on with their own agenda regardless.

Shame that bloke's courage wasn't reflected by NUSC when they completely ignored his point and carried on with their own agenda regardless.

And what was discussed in the huge amount of other meetings this supposed supporters' club has had, all two of them.

A supporters' club that never meets to talk with its members, great club that.

Guest toonlass

Ah so they have 4 aims then, two of which contradict the other two. Nice one!

i can't remember what they are apart from the one i just mentioned and the long term goal of fan representation at boardroom level.

Thing is you have said you agreed with one but i would no doubt guess that when it came to putting your vote on the poll you said not at all!

No, I put "not particularly" and I don't know if mods can verify this but am perfectly happy for them to do so, if you want.

I DO believe Ashley is not the right man for Newcastle United, but I think NUSC are not thinking before they are acting. If they were then they would realise that this is completely the wrong time to have this kind of action, leave it until the end of the season ffs. And they need to think more about how they are coming across to the supporters, because they are coming across as a single issue group.

So not only does no-one know what the point of the rally is, there's not a single mention of it on the NUSC website! This lack of communication is a disgrace!! I demand that the leadership of NUSC meets with us (me) to tell us what their plans are for the future of the (supporters') club.

Guest toonlass

So not only does no-one know what the point of the rally is, there's not a single mention of it on the NUSC website! This lack of communication is a disgrace!! I demand that the leadership of NUSC meets with us (me) to tell us what their plans are for the future of the (supporters') club.

:spit:  :clap:

Well spotted.

Why is NUSC honestly surprised that Llambias and co. isn't entirely keen on meeting with them?

News Flash! Your primary goal is his removal!

NUSC: "hey Derek, we demand a sit down with you so you can listen to our demands."

Llambias: "Oh alright, what do you want then?"

NUSC: "your head on a platter."

Llambias:  :kinnear: