Hughton and Calderwood 'will continue to take charge of first team'

jimmymag

So this is official then.

Well let's hope this is so they can discreetly start making moves for a new manager.

They have said they are staying and pushing forward with their plan, well now you have a chance to bring in a new guy to start this new commitment with.

Make it happen.

Doesn't say for how long - that says to me they want to get Kinnear back in ASAP.

It could be until they decide on the new guy.

At this point Joe returning is impossible. There is absolutely no telling how long it will take him to really recover.

You can't keep the seat warm and have him feeling he has to rush his recovery as that would be dangerous and stupid.

Doesn't say for how long - that says to me they want to get Kinnear back in ASAP.

At this point Joe returning is impossible. There is absolutely no telling how long it will take him to really recover.

You can't keep the seat warm and have him feeling he has to rush his recovery as that would be dangerous and stupid.

Agree with this.

Agree with this.

Yup it's risky business. Kinnear's health is a worry, and his well-being should be more important to the club than his return to management. Sucks that we have to take a risk on CH and CC, but all we can do is wish them good luck and hope the club will have already started the search for a new manager.

if you think the club are actually looking for a new manager then you are mad.  They have made it pretty clear Kinnear is their main man and will have CH and CC in charge till he is better.

its the sad fact that our clubs ambition stretches to who will toe the line and fit in to this crappy system that fits dennis wise.

what will probably happen is

1) CH and CC will scrape along till Kinnear is fit again.

2) CH and CC will fail badly and Venables or someone of that ilk will come in till Kinnear is fit again

3) Kinnear just wont be fit enough to take the job and they will find another mug who will toe the line.

pessimistic? yes. However nothing, absolutely nothing during Mike Ashley's reign has convinced me otherwse.

Anyone getting their hopes up for Sven/Martinez/Scolari/Ketsbaia/Billic/Bruce/Shearer are gonna be disappointed.

I hope iam wrong but sadly i feel its very worrying times for NUFC

Not sure about this, it might worth just giving Hughton and Calderwood a go rather than brining in another outdated, past it manager who will need to be ousted at the end of the season.

I don't think Hughton/Calderwood is tangibly worse than Kinnear in terms of keeping us up.

Yeah agree with you there Ian. Hughton knows the club, Calderwood has managerial experience - i dont think it can be any worse than having Kinnear there. I think its better to keep some semblence of continuity rather than bring another new face in and potentially cause further disruption/personality clashes.

Not sure about this, it might worth just giving Hughton and Calderwood a go rather than brining in another outdated, past it manager who will need to be ousted at the end of the season.

I don't think Hughton/Calderwood is tangibly worse than Kinnear in terms of keeping us up.

Yeah agree with you there Ian. Hughton knows the club, Calderwood has managerial experience - i dont think it can be any worse than having Kinnear there. I think its better to keep some semblence of continuity rather than bring another new face in and potentially cause further disruption/personality clashes.

Agree.. it's not like they're taking over from Lippi.