Time to bring in Sven...

Guest SeattleToon

The question is, to people really believe he'd even entertain an offer from us?

I think he would, it's been suggested he's ready to come back into management so we've got as good a chance as any.

I certainly hope so.  He's the best choice we have, in respect that they might be remotely interested.  I'm having to admit to being genuinely flabbergasted at people thinking he'd be no better than Roeder.  Or that they'd prefer Roeder over him.  I mean, I was shocked when people said that at the time of Roeder's little honeymoon period, but now?  Fuck me sideways!

SGE would change the way this club is managed forever.

He'd re-structure it to a professional level we can only dream of.

England will forever have this because of him, the rest is questionable.

I would take SGE with open arms right now, even though i dont think he's the right man, but if you threw in Kevin Keegan as his assistant, then am sold.

The question is, to people really believe he'd even entertain an offer from us?

I think he would, it's been suggested he's ready to come back into management so we've got as good a chance as any.

I certainly hope so.  He's the best choice we have, in respect that they might be remotely interested.  I'm have to admit to being genuinely flabbergasted at people thinking he'd be no better than Roeder.  Or that they'd prefer Roeder over him.  I mean, I was shocked when people said that at the time of Roeder's little honeymoon period, but now?  Fuck me sideways!

It is unbelievable, similar to last season when we were at our worst under Souness yet people were dismissing the likes of O'Neill and Scolari, people need to be realistic and for me Sven is the best possible manager we can get.

We are teetering on the brink here. Svens reputation in this country is already at rock bottom. Do you think he would be willing to completely knacker himself by trying to do the impossible, probably on a tight budget too?

We are teetering on the brink here. Svens reputation in this country is already at rock bottom. Do you think he would be willing to completely knacker himself by trying to do the impossible, probably on a tight budget too?

Sven would get a hell of a lot more out of this team, and he's a good manager.  He knows how to use tactics to win games, and when you think of the games, which are minimal, that he did lose for England, they weren't exactly against teams that we've been losing to recently.  Some of the best teams in the world, christ sake.

But, do I think he'd be willing to come here?  No.  Not with us so close to the bottom.  However, I certainly hope so. 

Sven would get a hell of a lot more out of this team, and he's a good manager.  He knows how to use tactics to win games, and when you think of the games, which are minimal, that he did lose for England, they weren't exactly against teams that we've been losing to recently.  Some of the best teams in the world, christ sake.

His record for England in competitive matches was...

Played - 38

Won - 26

Drew - 9

Lost - 3

two of those were against Portugal and one against Brazil iirc.

We'd also have to convince him to give up his £13000 a day he's currently still getting from the FA. If he takes another job, I think his pay-off stops.  :confused:

I'm sure Shephard would pay through the nose to get him, especially if it meant some of the heat being taken off him. 

Nobody with a reputation to rebuild would choose us as their vehicle to do so. Unless there's a silent backer somewhere, Shepherd doesn't have the finance card to play anymore either.

We'd also have to convince him to give up his £13000 a day he's currently still getting from the FA. If he takes another job, I think his pay-off stops.  :confused:

I'm sure Shephard would pay through the nose to get him, especially if it meant some of the heat being taken off him. 

The fat cunt could remove all the heat on him if he sold up. Can't see it happening soon. Matching the FA's £90000 a week could be a problem unfortunately.  :roll:

The fat cunt could remove all the heat on him if he sold up. Can't see it happening soon. Matching the FA's £90000 a week could be a problem unfortunately.  :roll:

Just realised you said "a day" there.  Can I retract my statement? :lol:

Just realised you said "a day" there.  Can I retract my statement? :lol:

:lol: blueyes.gif

Svenn is f***ing exactly what we need.

Hell organise us thoroughly because thats what hes all about. Based on his previous jobs, hed setup "proper" training and coaching regimes, backroom staff, scouting networks, etc.

Hes not a great manager, and hes failed miserably at Lazio and England after some initial success, but in both cases that was mainly because he became too spoilt for choice, became too unwilling to drop the big names (eg Beckham, Lamps + Gerrard).

Who gives a shit about those faults? Those faults are only a problem to worry about if youre a big "playa", expected to win the big trophies with a squad full of big names and top class players - f*** that, we have no big stars, we dont expect to win anything, we just need a manager able to organise, coach and train our players effectively, someone to have us playing with an iota of clue about positioning, movement and tactics. Svenn has shown hes able to do that, and thats all we need, f*** everything else.

From what some of the england players have said though it sounds like there were no good fitness regimes etc. under him

Played - 38

Won - 26

Drew - 9

Lost - 3

Lost to France and Northern Ireland as well.

Played - 38

Won - 26

Drew - 9

Lost - 3

Lost to France and Northern Ireland as well.

I'm just going off the FA's website, don't shoot the messenger!

Sven is good at some things, Newcastle United though would destroy his mind within a week. Wouldn't work and would be a costly and frustrating mistake, perhaps the last act in this circus. Swedes I have come to realise aren't good at anything. Thier minds are akin to thier Nordic bretheren the Germans, but without the willpower and occassional dark flair. What you have left is a lot of boring cold calculation and vacuous unresponsive blue eyes. blueyes.gif bluewink.gif