Priced out of the game

Guest black n white
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still get my season ticket paid for thankfully, but i pay for away games myself. Your looking at least £70 for me per game, every 2 weeks. You just cant do it, especially when i haven't even started working yet.

Need to start looking for places to apply for very soon tbh

A season ticket must cost £1500/£2000+ including travel, pints, pies, programs etc...

Still much cheaper than Major League Baseball here.  My ex-girlfriend's dad had four season tickets to the Cardinals and in total is cost about 8k a year for just the seats.  Although granted you get to go to about 80 some odd games.

Are they doing that seat license bullshit over there?

Being married and having a kid means other priorities at the moment. Packed my s/t in at the end of 2006/07 and have been to the odd game since then. Football isn't no longer a game for the working man with a family to look after.

I don't think you need a season ticket to enjoy the match though. I think most matches this season you've been able to get in by buying a ticket on the day. It's a lot of money, but for a lot of people its the same price as a night in the pub.

Problem is when you combine them though...

Guest black n white

I didn't know just how expensive it was till I went to the Bolton game on the opening day with my Brother. After we'd shelled out almost 50 quid on tickets. Then another 6-8 quid on the programme for him, a bottle of fanta and a burger.

Now when you factor in the 6 quid on bus and 6 quid ish on a train tickets, then pre match drinks with some mates its a bloody expensive day out. I mean my brother paid more for a ticket to Bolton than I would for a ticket at Bremen or Valencia.

If you dont mind......how much in total and is there a point/price which would make you reconsider

realise this obviously has to do with peoples income

can anyone add the poll please!

Thanks, but my question was directed across the board

All fans/supporters.....all games .......all competitions........all merchandise.....people have different perspectives on what they will/wont spend.

Guest black n white

I don't pay for my tickets so not yet.

;D

Your not Applegarth are you (the ceo of northern rock)

:rolleyes:

No, I just have a rather generous father.

Applegarth junior  ;D

nah good stuff, last time i was there shouted for 45 mins then screamed for half an hour and could'nt talk for a fortnight

Guest black n white

A season ticket must cost £1500/£2000+ including travel, pints, pies, programs etc...

And thats just home games.....i've recentlly canx my sky getting that tight, tho five live's coverage of most games is excellent

Guest The Libertine

there's far more important or enjoyable things to spend £50+ a week on.

Do you spend all your time whinging on internet forums about how Keegan's ruined those, too?

what?

Personally i dont know how half the fans afford season tickets, they must give up on a lot to do it.

But of course its all relative, a lot of season ticket holders will expect most of their salary to go on football tickets, whereas i want mine spent on 4 holidays a year, euro sat system to watch every match live plus other things.

No way would i spend £100 a month on watching the toon. (based on £50+ per home game)

So how much is this euro-sat malaky? 

PM me details/links if you can mate.

Guest toonlass

Personally i dont know how half the fans afford season tickets, they must give up on a lot to do it.

But of course its all relative, a lot of season ticket holders will expect most of their salary to go on football tickets, whereas i want mine spent on 4 holidays a year, euro sat system to watch every match live plus other things.

No way would i spend £100 a month on watching the toon. (based on £50+ per home game)

So how much is this euro-sat malaky? 

PM me details/links if you can mate.

Would love to know the price of the euro-sat myself.

I love my club, I really do, but it doesn't sit easily with me that a half-arsed footballer can command more in weekly wages that your average man in the street will earn in four or five years. It irks me even more when I think about the way they conduct themselves off the pitch, and I don't just mean our players, it's players from clubs and leagues all across Europe.

MOST FOOTBALLERS NOW UNDER ARREST 

ONLY one in 10 professional footballers in England is not currently under arrest, the FA confirmed last night.

According to the latest figures the most popular offences are sexual assault, grievous bodily harm and speeding, with two players accused of committing all three simultaneously.

Officials have also warned that the remainder of this season's European fixtures are under threat as foreign travel will leave many of the players in breach of their bail conditions.

FA chief executive Brian Barwick said: "Most of them have handed their passports to the local nick and the rest won't get through the airport metal detectors on account of their ankle tags."

Barwick said he was now working with the Foreign Office and the US government in a bid to fly some of the players to the continent using the system of extraordinary rendition.

A spokesman for the Professional Footballers' Assocation said: "Our members are under intense media pressure and should not be victimised for what may or may not have happened with that broom handle round the back of Chinawhites."

Meanwhile the FA has devised a points system which will be used to fine clubs whose players are convicted. Nightclub affray will score one point, drink-driving three points and serious sexual assaults five points.

It is understood one top-flight club has asked for clarification after one of its players committed an act of gross indecency against a listed building while under the influence of Ketamine.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/most-footballers-now-under-arrest-200902131577/

A ticket for Leeds v Scunthorpe at the end of the month is £26. And you think Premiership games are expensive! £26 to watch league 1?

Christ on a bike that's alot.

There was something on sky not along ago explaining the stupid wages some League two players were commanding as well. That's where the problem starts. In fact I think they mentioned one Conference player but refused to name him who was earning thousands a week !

A ticket for Leeds v Scunthorpe at the end of the month is £26. And you think Premiership games are expensive! £26 to watch league 1?

Leeds ticket prices are ludicrous.

Must be a Cat A game v Scunny though at that price.

Guest Nufc4Life

I can just about afford 2 games a month, which isnt bad considering i only work part time, if i was full time i'd be able to afford a season ticket.

I don't go out that much anymore, i really would much rather stay in all week and then go to the match wherever it is on a Saturday/Sunday, and then repeat again for a week.

Guest toonlass

I love my club, I really do, but it doesn't sit easily with me that a half-arsed footballer can command more in weekly wages that your average man in the street will earn in four or five years. It irks me even more when I think about the way they conduct themselves off the pitch, and I don't just mean our players, it's players from clubs and leagues all across Europe.

ONLY one in 10 professional footballers in England is not currently under arrest, the FA confirmed last night.

According to the latest figures the most popular offences are sexual assault, grievous bodily harm and speeding, with two players accused of committing all three simultaneously.

Officials have also warned that the remainder of this season's European fixtures are under threat as foreign travel will leave many of the players in breach of their bail conditions.

FA chief executive Brian Barwick said: "Most of them have handed their passports to the local nick and the rest won't get through the airport metal detectors on account of their ankle tags."

Barwick said he was now working with the Foreign Office and the US government in a bid to fly some of the players to the continent using the system of extraordinary rendition.

A spokesman for the Professional Footballers' Assocation said: "Our members are under intense media pressure and should not be victimised for what may or may not have happened with that broom handle round the back of Chinawhites."

Meanwhile the FA has devised a points system which will be used to fine clubs whose players are convicted. Nightclub affray will score one point, drink-driving three points and serious sexual assaults five points.

It is understood one top-flight club has asked for clarification after one of its players committed an act of gross indecency against a listed building while under the influence of Ketamine.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/most-footballers-now-under-arrest-200902131577/

How the hell did they manage that?  :lol:

Guest icemanblue

You lot should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. You're all scruffs and shit supporters!

I have my salary paid directly into one of the clubs bank accounts and then suck off old men to pay for my season ticket. That's commitment!

Guest icemanblue

How the hell did they manage that?  :lol:

Oh my.

Guest toonlass

You lot should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. You're all scruffs and shit supporters!

I have my salary paid directly into one of the clubs bank accounts and then suck off old men to pay for my season ticket. That's commitment!

mackems.gif