Stoke (a) and Portsmouth (h) games moved for TV

Crumpy Gunt

Even if no more dates are changed 15 of our 38 games this season will have been on TV.  :kinnear:

Great news for someone like me whos never able to get to games, but I do feel a lot for the diehards that organize trains and buses etc weeks in advance only to lose money because of these thoughtless bastards messing around with the schedules. And they have to move these games to worst times dont they?

FFS, Sky and Setanta all have 3 channels that broadcast sports, why not broadcast different games at 3pm all on different stations. I hate Setanta but at least they show games at 3pm.

Edit- Good point, PM. Pompey fans will have to take the whole day off work and most likely stay overnight in Newcastle and miss work the next morning just to see a match that they could lose. Disgraceful.....

I remember last season during Febuary (I think) Sky decided to have an extra early match on a SUNDAY morning- 11:30am KO. It involved Portsmouth travelling to Sunderland. I mean, where is the sense in that, ffs?!

What is wrong with 3pm?

Newcastle V Portsmouth at St James’ Park has been moved to Monday, April 27, kick-off 8pm and will be shown live on Setanta Sports.

wish they would bugger off with this bollocks

Even if no more dates are changed 15 of our 38 games this season will have been on TV.  :kinnear:

FFS, Sky and Setanta all have 3 channels that broadcast sports, why not broadcast different games at 3pm all on different stations. I hate Setanta but at least they show games at 3pm.

No they don't. No 3pm games on a saturday have ever been shown live.

I remember last season during Febuary (I think) Sky decided to have an extra early match on a SUNDAY morning- 11:30am KO. It involved Portsmouth travelling to Sunderland. I mean, where is the sense in that, ffs?!

What is wrong with 3pm?

Because it would fuck up attendances of lower-league games.

Even if no more dates are changed 15 of our 38 games this season will have been on TV.  :kinnear:

Not true. Setanta Ireland gets a 3pm Saturday game every week. Obviously this is only for ROI customers. Probably the reason I still pay for it...

Not true. Setanta Ireland gets a 3pm Saturday game every week. Obviously this is only for ROI customers. Probably the reason I still pay for it...

Fair enough wasn't aware of that.

D'you live in Ireland, CocoBananas?

Guest Heneage

Poor Pompey fans.

It's a f***ing joke. There will be about ten of them.

[/quote

Funny how they rarely dick about with the top four.

This is a joke mind, Portsmouth is our biggest trip and vice versa people can't just take a day off.

Aye, living in Donegal, from Derry...

Cool. Good to see a Mag in Ireland.  :thup:

More paddys on here than I thought.....Im from Galway  :thup:

I got lots of family in cobh, co.cork. Love the place and they are upholding a long black and white tradition.

I got lots of family in cobh, co.cork. Love the place and they are upholding a long black and white tradition.

Yeah I moved over to Dublin from Kent about 9 years ago.