Will 46 points be enough?

Dave

In fact never mind it being enough, where does he think we'll get six wins from? From twelve games left. :lol:

There is NO way - this comment shows Llambsarse up for what he is - an amateur who should o back to spinning roulette wheels......

Guest Darth Toon

We will win against Pompey, Boro and Fulham at home

That seems to be a common assumption. Can anyone remind me how many points we've gained from home games against other dross like Hull, Blackburn, Stoke and the mackems that gives cause for such optimism?

I actually think as few as 36 points will be enough this season. Which is fortunate as I really can't see us getting to the magical 40 point barrier.

Draws against - Bolton, Arsenal, Chelsea (neither like the toon much) and Stoke

Wins at - Hull (we owe them one), Whitepoint lane, Portsmouth, Boro (they will already be down by then) and Fulham

Defeats in the rest.

= 47 points

Okay, optomistic, but with the players we have coming back, just about achieveable

I have us staying up in 15th on 40 points.

Going down are 18th Blackburn, 19th West Brom and 20th Middlesbrough.

46 points would get you 10th spot in this table. And also, Hull in 17th have a 5 point gap from Blackburn in 18th.

• 2 months later...

I'm sure my prediction had us on 37 with Sunderland and meant that Hull went down on 36, hence why I'm looking.

Said about 3 months ago that 36 points could do it.

What dope came up with this?

Derek Llambias? Says it all...

"Everybody thinks I am potty

No mate, your more than potty- your a fucking clueless gobshite!

:lol:

That seems to be a common assumption. Can anyone remind me how many points we've gained from home games against other dross like Hull, Blackburn, Stoke and the mackems that gives cause for such optimism?

I actually think as few as 36 points will be enough this season. Which is fortunate as I really can't see us getting to the magical 40 point barrier.

Darth Toon wins

Darth Toon wins

Highest midiclorian count ftw.

Excellent bump. This just shows how they've sleepwalked into trouble this season. I'm not sure it ever dawn on them until about a month ago that they were in a relegation battle. Dumbasses.

Guest saintscoobz

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/24/llambias-we-ve-got-faith-in-chris-hughton-72703-22996279/2/

Llambias is confident United will stay up and has boldly predicted they will surpass their safety target.

He added: "I think we’ll stay up

"We’ve had conversations about where we are going points-wise. I have said 46 points.

"Everybody thinks I am potty, but I’m confident of it."

:undecided:

Shows how out of touch this fucking wanker is with the world of football.