Would it be treachery to start supporting another, slightly more local, team?

GM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There has been so much depression about NUFC, for whats seems like forever, cant see anything wrong in just going along to a local ground.... just to simply enjoy a game of football for a change.

Guest Stephen927

I've been thinking about going to see Blyth Spartans play.

Frying pan/fire.

Blue Star is a pretty soulless experience with a hundred people rattling around KP. You're better off just groundhopping- if you've got a free saturday just pick a local game that takes your fancy.

Just for a change of scenery I suppose, I doubt I'd be getting a season ticket to watch them, just go to the odd game for the experience.

Guest Heneage

You'd hope that in the current economic climate some of our lot like Ameobi would realise just how good they have it, and start putting some bloody effort in.

You'd hope that in the current economic climate some of our lot like Ameobi would realise just how good they have it, and start putting some bloody effort in.

I tend to think footballers are completely oblivious to the world around them

Ameobi's not even good enough for Heart of Midlothian FC.

That is how SHIT he is.

They are from another world. Joe Cole moved house not so long ago and left everything there (massive TV's etc) because they (that Carly or whatever she is called) couldn't be bothered to arrange for it to be moved.

Guest Stephen927

They are from another world. Joe Cole moved house not so long ago and left everything there (massive TV's etc) because they (that Carly or whatever she is called) couldn't be bothered to arrange for it to be moved.

The same Carly who was on I'm a Celebrity... saying she's so down to earth and likes to clean her own house because it keeps her in the real world.

:laugh:

She does fuck all and is a complete bitch. She managed to come across quite well on that though apparently. Should be an actress and not a "personal trainer" or whatever it is she claims to be.

Guest Ebolarama

Voted no. It's football, after all, and I can appreciate football no matter where I am or who is playing, bad or good. I'm a Newcastle supporter through the ups and downs like mkdisciple said, but that won't stop me going to watch and enjoy other teams when Newcastle isn't involved.

The concept of "treachery" coming into a pastime as inconsequential as football is bizarre.

Go to your local games, eat a bridie, and have a laugh mate. There ain't many jollies to be had round here at the moment, that's for sure.

I've been to Oxford, Maidenhead, Fulham and Reading games, but I never 'supported' them. Just enjoying some football when I couldn't get to SJP.

If that's what you mean then I don't see a problem. If you mean giving up on Newcastle then yes, it's a fate worse than death for you.

Look at it as a period of convalescence..you haven't given up on NUFC , but you need a bit of a tonic to restore your faith in the game..nothing wrong in that, and you can often see decent games in the lower leagues - the clubs need support too.

Maybe one day, NUFc will restore your faith, but it won't be for a while..

Could only have a mere interest in another team. Theres a team who i keep an eye out for (Bournemouth - went to uni there) but at the end of the day i'm not arsed if they win/lose/draw although i wouldn't like to see them go bust which may happen eventually. Probably just become a neutral if i had to sack Toon off.