U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This thread off balances the depression of the Club Sale thread. Not long till our first youth game!

Just got back from what turned into quite a decent game.   Thought we were going to score a hatful when Vukcic scored after 5 mins, great run by lua past 4 defenders as he cut in from the right had me then screaming for him to slip in the overlapping Ferguson but  a reverse ball richocted to Vukcic who smashed a great curling effort in from about 20 yards.  First half didn't really come alive, the off flash off good play when the likes of Inman, Lua and Donaldson quickened the passing and tempo.  Game was wrapped up when Nile powered thru, held off the defender who was virtually on his back and smashed a shot across the keeper into the net.

All the players pushing towards the first team played ok,  Inman was neat and tidy as always, Vukcic good, Lua was ok but a bit casual at times, Baheng was busy,  Sammy Ameobi looked lively when he came on showing some fancy footwork and some silky skills, don't think he learnt them off his older brother! 

Crowd was just over 1300,  i thought there'd be more than that and all the gate money went to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the 4-2 scoreline matched that off the game 100 years ago when NUFC ran out winners by the same scoreline.

Guest geoffasenna

Scott Pocklington on bench laast night for ressies, didnt get on tho, think hes from darlo and on trail played in the hearts game im lead to believe, was inpressed again by Vuckic and Ferguson, Lua lua was queit and so was wesley until his goal then he went of boil again. even airey and tozer held the ball well i thought. was also impressed by the blyth no5 cheeksy but at 30 i think is a bit old for thsi thread ha

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Scott Pocklington on bench laast night for ressies, didnt get on tho, think hes from darlo and on trail played in the hearts game im lead to believe, was inpressed again by Vuckic and Ferguson, Lua lua was queit and so was wesley until his goal then he went of boil again. even airey and tozer held the ball well i thought. was also impressed by the blyth no5 cheeksy but at 30 i think is a bit old for thsi thread ha

I'm a fan of Phil Airey, just wish he'd have a growth spurt or something, otherwise he'll never see the light of day past youth/reserves :( His transformation from Striker to Full Back/Winger has been interesting to watch, almost as much as Donaldson's striker to midfielder.

How good is Vuckic for those that've seen him?  Good as in will make the first team or good as in will join a top Champions League club later on?

It is never good to estimate exactly how far a player will go, but in terms of his progress and development and what he has done at youth level so far, he is way ahead of what anyone has done at NUFC youth academy for at least ten years.

How good is Vuckic for those that've seen him?  Good as in will make the first team or good as in will join a top Champions League club later on?

I've only seen him once, against Man City, and when he came off the bench he seemed calm on the ball, always looking for a pass. Didn't look afraid to have a shot with that lovely left foot of his. He was in midfield with Smith in the game, although he was much better than Smith

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, you can see his ability attacking, has nothing defensively like, but then you wouldn't ask him to do anything defensively.

Actually don't think we should go too overboard on the lad, we can't pin our hopes on a 16 yr old kid even if it is obvious that he has some quality and has the potential to be a top player but youth level games and reserve games are alot different to the hustle and bustle of proper football league games, luckily he's a big lad so hopefully will be able to handle the physical side of the game.

Guest geoffasenna

Jonny Godsmarks signed on loan with Hereford for 6 months, wonder how many of the other ones go on loan?

Now offical and on the hereford website, good luck to the lad.